TF RID:CF Season 3, Ep. 10 "Disordered Personalities" Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Jun 8, 2017.

1. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still can't believe that the Stunticons actually believe that winning the race means you can rule the road. I love Dragstrip saying he might not hand over the title to Motormaster.

2. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

I'm ready for the hate this will bring me and if i stop posting the death squad has found me. These Stunticons take the G1 Stunticons, throw them in a dumpster, and throw the dumpster into the sun. Some of the best characters in TF history and in RID 201X!

Dragstrip is Motormaster's Starscream and yet Motormaster only sees him as a suck up.

Yeah the Stunticons truly only desire to control the roads of any planet they arrive on. I love that concept though because they're simply just street thugs and that fits them and the cop show theme of RID so well. The writers take it as seriously as they should and yet they are still dangerous because roads are important to the world and humans and the Stunticons would be willing to hurt humans.

• Like Like x 4
  3. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It actually fit into Dragstrip's bio and this is probably one of the few things that the Stunticons will enjoy to actually to compete in a setting they could have on Cybertron. Dragstrip to the race literally the others thought it was good fun to have. Even though it dangerous for the humans. I am more interested why Motormaster is not there because it hints this is more Dragstrip's idea than anything else. My conclusion is Motormaster did not even know about it or cared. Dragstrip and Motomaster relationship is something of Starscream and Megatron's but their is a difference. Motormaster if he didn't trust Dragstrip's abilities he will be more hands on. Right now I see Motormaster is using Dragstrip to keep the others in line whereas Megatron used Soundwave. The question is the real reason why the Stunticons are on Earth in the first place? Street Thugs normally do not have the resources for interplanetary travel.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Smh Knockout probably stayed on Earth just to race humans.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Active Member

Casey is the modern day Penelope Pitstop.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Active Member

I agree. I still like the G1 Stunticons, but the RID versions are more fleshed out and (in my opinion) interesting. The one thing the original team had that the new one doesn't (besides the Combiner Wars toys, which are actually good, aside from Menasor's instability) is Wildrider, my favorite Stunticon. Oh well, at least Heatseeker seems to have similar personality traits, and Wildbreak has a similar color scheme. And I can't wait to see Motormaster in action. We haven't even seen what he looks like yet, but I already like him.
    Sounds like something he'd do.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Had some chuckles with the body swapping... Bee finally understands Grimlock better but Grimmy I think had the best time in this ep... HE HAD WHEELS...and he didn't know how to use them... at first! :lol 
    He got the hang of them and drove Drift (literally) crazy!! Then he couldn't retrieve the mini-cons properly, loved them riding on the top of the car. :lol 
    Drift was a pretty good fit in Sideswipe too.

Now the Stunticons, sorry, but the whole race and rule was a little silly, but even worse, to me, was the Honeymooner's Jack Gleason voices and shtick... kinda lame and probably other than adults not too many kiddies are gonna catch on. ....unless they are classic TV fans?!?!
    Most of the cons have had great voices and fun lines, but this seemed a little 'copy cat'.

The ending with poor eyeless Fixit was a little creepy... hopefully Denny will fix Fixit!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

I would love to see Blurr race against Casey now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty fun episodes. Had flashbacks to that g1 racing episode which also had the Stunticons... that also had a female driver as I recall.
    Loved Slashmark, he has such a snobbish demeanour. Who was his VA?
    And Wildbreak and Dragstrip should go do standup comedy. "One of these days, Wildbreak, one of these days! BAM, right in the grille!" :D 
    The bodyswap is such an ancient trope I am surprised it took the show 4 seasons to get to it. Grimlock as Drift was great, as was Strongarm in Bee. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  10. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like both teams. Obviously they are different - even right to the names - and at least unlike say, the Technobots or Terrorcons, the Stunticons had a lot of exposure in the cartoon. I would not say one is better than the other. Unlike, say, with guys like IDW and G1 Swerve, where on of them is basically a non-entity who never had anything but his tech specs to give him character.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also just now noticed that there are some differences between the alt modes of Wildbreak and Drag Strip - as well as Heatseeker and Slashmark. Spoilers, extra lights, intakes, small things like these differ.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Quicken2k

Quicken2k Well-Known Member

So, is ep 11 about Fixit getting fixed then?

Was't sure if it aired yet, caught it on Daily yesterday so used tags. Don't think we will see them figure out combining this season only 3 eps left .

• Like Like x 1
  13. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    There are 26 episodes in Combiner Force, not 13 episodes.

14. Quicken2k

Quicken2k Well-Known Member

Oh, my mistake .

15. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One thing. I asked for one thing for this episode. I mean, I get that kids watching it need to recognize who is in who's body but still... -_-

Yeah I think it was him... and so was the race announcer. That or Slashmark's face resembles BW Megatron for something other than references. :lol  Seriously, it does look like him, the helmet included. (I've been trying to draw that bot for a few weeks now)

jD001

• Like Like x 2
  16. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Glad to finally return to the Stunticon subplot after a few episodes without them. This was the PERFECT episode for the Stunticons, and a great chance to introduce Slashmark... even if I didn't care for him as much. I think his red in robot mode clashes horribly and an intellectual on the Stunticons just seems wrong for a group who is traditionally compared to a street racing gang.

Either way, super fun episode. 9/10

• Like Like x 1
  17. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who wants Crash Combiner HEATMARK?

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fixit in the computer reminded me of Tell-a-Tran-1 (sp)

• Like Like x 2
  19. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Me
    Yes. It makes me wonder how RID 15 would handle Teletraan-1 or T-AI.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow
    I called it for E12.