TF revenge of the fallen toy speculation...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, i have been trying to really avoid most spoilers for the movie, but we all have seen a bunch of the cars that are going to be in it...which makes me wonder if we'll get new toys for those characters who survived the first movie, or if we'll be getting repaints...so, whatdya think? and try to avoid big spoilers if you have been reading the spoilers...

2. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    This is the 5th time I've seen this thread.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    really? i havent seen it yet...do you have links to the other threads?

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i havent seen it either...links would be good..i havent seen it in this topic at all, i guess theyre all in the movie forum....ah well, people could post here too

5. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

i have not seen this thread either.

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    okay, so now that we've determined people havent seen it, whatdya think?

i kinda hope hasbro just does repaints, cuz it'll save me a ton of money by not buying the molds again...but i'm not sure...they may do the same molds, and the new molds mixed in...that'd be nice...

if they do make all new molds, i'm gonna use pictures to compare the new molds with the old molds, figure out which one i like more, and either sell the old then buy the new, or just keep the old...

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've seen at least three threads like this in the movie forum.

I personally think we'll see some repaints from the first movies line, but the majority of it'll be new molds. Mostly for the new characters, but I can also see so me of the returning ones getting toys that are new molds. Either for new gimmicks or more accuracy. One way or another this line'll be at least as big as the first one, if not even bigger.

8. Lumpy

News Credits:
    ah, see i never go into the movie thread section...trying to avoid spoilers and such...so its just toy discussion for me...

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    To be completely honest, spoilers are bound to come up in any thread relating in any way shape or form to the movie, no matter what forum it's in. Like for instance someone could mention which vehicles or robots they are really looking forward to seeing in plastic form.

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    true...but most people would not put plot spoilers...

like i said, i've seen a bunch of pics, but am trying to avoid most of it...most people know how to change color text to silver to hide it, that's what people can do if needed...

11. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I think we'll see quite a few new molds. Maybe a new Arcee, especially if they change her design. Starscream would be a candidate for a Leader mold, and Megatron's status is in the clouds. We might see some remolds as well, with slight changes to fit the movie. If we do keep the same toys, I think all the Bots will get that treatment. I heard that Bumblebee's Camaro is the 2010 version, for example.

12. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Well-Known Member

U would think theyd make new molds for everyone.Especially Prime.U know new movie new molds

13. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i doubt u'll find real plot spoilers even in the movie thread, its just more on who the characters will be, wats been spotted and stuff....but anyway..
    i think there will be new molds for new characters, definitely...its not gonna be just repaints (it better not be..lol)..and probably repaints for the old guys...
    that'd be ideal..then in that case, i can skip buying a new bumblebee and ironhide and the rest...unless they look completely different in the movie..
    and knowing hasbro, i guess they'll look different enough to warrant a new purchase >.<

14. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I will first buy Chevy Corvette When toys comes out.

15. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

They will make little remolds to the existing molds that will make us buying them......

16. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read somewhere on the forums that Optimus is getting a whole new mold with a new transformation.

I would think maybe BumbleBee is another likely new mold candidate. Being it is a deluxe and him being popular with the movie goers and fan base a like.

17. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I figure they'll mix some repaints (Prime, Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Starscream) in with the new characters/ modes (though if Prime does combine with Jetfire like rumored, then that would mean a new Prime mold) and of course some repaints of the non-movie characters from the last line (Landmine, Camshaft, Swindle, Overcast) as well as the Wal-Mart exclusive repaints (probably more Cybertron through Classics molds, hopefully a seeker will pop up in there)