Tf repairs at BOTCON.

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by BigRC83, May 20, 2009.

1. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Does anybody repair broken TFs at BOTCON? My G1 Shockwave needs a large portion to be replaced but I do not want to do it myself due to fear of breaking. So will anybody have that service that weekend?

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most likely no. I've been to the last 6 botcons and one OTFCC. No one that I've seen has advertised to fix broken TFs.

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

What exactly is broken? I've fixed a shockwave before, is it the shoulder pivots that holds the whole upper section together? that's the most common break with that guy.
    I may not be able to do it AT Botocn, but i could at least help you out and get you in the right direction.

4. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bet if you brought some basic tools (small screwdrivers, maybe an exacto knife, maybe some super glue), and hung out at the parts party, you could find someone willing to give it a try.

5. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

thats basically where I was going with that. But knowing what is broke would help because the fix i did before involved some epoxy.

6. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Snap some pictures, describe what's wrong more, maybe someone has some ideas.

7. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    come by the parts party Bret (megus) and Myself (gen1fan) have repair a lot of tf thought out the years and a few at botcon before

8. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Bring em by. I will have my set of tools with me. I don't know how much time we will have in the dealers room but definately come by the parts party and we will see what we can do. Most G1s can be repaired of course depending on the damage.

9. BigRC83

News Credits:
    The part that needs to be replaced it the front bottom side of Shockwave. The area that broke off is in Shockwave's right hip area. It is next to where the legs connect in gun mode. I read that piece easily breaks off if not transformed carefully. I think Megamus originally sold me that Shockwave about a year ago. Sorry, but I do not own a camera. Not even a cell phone with a camera. :eek: 

10. megamus

News Credits:
    I can see what I can do but usually if the front or back part needs to be replaced it's a pain. Most of the time you wind up breaking the part trying to replace it.

11. BigRC83

News Credits:
    I forgot to mention, thanx guys! I will try to make it to the Parts Party.

12. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is no "try" regarding the parts party!

Seriously though, it'll be going on Thursday night after they get through the registration line, all evening Friday, and Saturday between when the dealer room closes and before we leave for Paramount. Plenty of times to drop by.

Are you guys going to be setting anything up on Wednesday or earlier, or Sunday?

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Unfortunately true. Shockwave is a total bitch to get open, and the process of doing so & then closing him up again can often do more harm than good.

14. BigRC83

News Credits:
    Saturday, eh?

15. megamus

News Credits:
    I don't want to set times as if things change people get upset. It's very laid back, when we are not out we will be having the party. A whole bunch of people on the boards have my cell number. We will be posting on the bulletin board asap. Also, Gen1Fan will be posting a new thread with the room number and such when he gets there. I will not be arriving until midday Tuesday. The parts party will definately start sometime around then and as I stated before unless we are doing something else we will be having the party. Plenty of time, plenty of opportunities. I hope everyone can make it we are doing things a little different this year. In addition to the free giveaway, raffle, and trivia, we are planning something else. I am not going to give it away but I hope everyone loves it.
    MegaMus