TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Roanstalker, Sep 21, 2012.

1. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

As one who can saty that the Prime line has been a major disappointment to me, I thought that voyager Ultra Magnus would be no different, but I took a gamble on him anyway. I'm pleased to say that this is the only Prime figure soo far that I truely do like. He's not fabulous, but with some painting he could be. I am however having a hell of a time getting his weapon to remain in place when pegged in place on the two sockets in the bed. Is there a trick to this that i'm missing?

2. ChoKo

ChoKo Rainmaker

Ebay:
    My Ultra Magnus raided the PP05W weapons cache:
    [​IMG]

3. Needler56

Needler56 Well-Known Member

i wasn't planning on getting this guy because of the paint, but it actually looked pretty good in person. i was surprised at how light weight the figure was. the shoulder/collar bone parts don't seem to stay put and parts of the silver paint apps seem to be worn on the edges like it was slid around the shop floor before packaging. even if they didn't address the missing paint apps, but used the same dark blue as the cv version it would've made the figure that much better.

other than that, articulation is great and there aren't many exposed hollow parts. he has a nice solid profile. even with the above mentioned, i really like this figure and would recommend. here are some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    This guy looks great, can't wait to get mine in hand.

I'm just confused on which version I want, because I know that the AM version is gonna come with optional Wrecker faction logos.

5. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, just wow! This got to be the best Voyager UM I have seen. If it wasn't the lazy paint, he'll probably gorgeous all around. Love him so much, I'm going to get 2 of him.

"So who's next?"
    [​IMG]

"And it's going, going.....HOMERUN!"
    [​IMG]

G1 UM Rocket Launcher - Not recommended, I got stress mark for doing it.
    [​IMG]

Pulling the hammer which was anchored to his back:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Bang, you're dead:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Somehow, I love his stock photo with the wheels at the side of his leg to match Cyberverse and O.Prime better then the corrected way:
    [​IMG]

At the end of the day:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Needler56

Great pics! I was afraid to peg the rocket launcher ever since pegging rid Vehicons blaster since it blistered the port. Does the hammer cause any stress inside the hand? My dreadwing has stress marks inside the hand from being packed with the sword in it.

7. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

For the times when a lame assed hammer just isn't enough...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far, no stress mark on the hand. The hands thickness are pretty thick so I don't you'll get any stress mark.
    Those are some fine swords, very nice!

9. ChoKo

ChoKo Rainmaker

Ebay:
    Gonna filet and tenderize ya:
    [​IMG]

10. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    This came up a couple pages back. Are you sure the shoulder swing-arms are locked in at the right place? If you look at Magnus from the top in robot mode, the swing-arms should have slots that lock onto tabs where they touch the cab/back assembly hanging off his back. That will hold his shoulders in place and keep them steady when you move his arms. You will lose some ability for him to close his arms together, however.

11. ChoKo

ChoKo Rainmaker

Ebay:
  12. Needler56

Right, but how well is it supposed hold? The slight pressure from the thigh swivel onto the backpack pops it back out.

13. Needler56

14. Ratchet1988

Ratchet1988 Active Member

I got him last night it was great until his shoulder ripped right off, now I have to hunt down another one.

15. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    Maybe you can use super glue or Pledge Finish to tighten the slots slightly. Yeah, when I move the legs on mine, the shoulder attachments hold securely. Hope you can find a fix for it.

16. Needler56

Yes, I have these too out of the box.
    You know what, I realized to sink the tabs all the way into place to "lock" them after that initial alignment pop. I actually have a stress mark on the passenger side windshield tab, maybe from fiddling with it too much, I dunno. Either way, the swing out pieces are much more secure under any kind of movement. Thanks for the tip!

17. ChoKo

ChoKo Rainmaker

Ebay:
    Thanks! And I hope I answered some of your questions about those pesky shoulder/cab tabs too. Like I said in the video, I think he comes mistransformed out of the box.

18. Needler56

Yes, I thought that initial alignment was it, but I should've known better or not under estimate the transformation lol

19. Needler56

yes, thanks. that part of the video had a great camera angle and was very clear. he definitely comes mistransformed out of the box with his backpack all the way up.

i wasn't planning on transforming him, but your video showed how easy it was so i did. i actually like the alt mode for the unique truck look, large windows and forward facing brow. here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. ChoKo

ChoKo Rainmaker

Ebay:
    Those are some great pics of the alt mode. Which method of storing the weapons in alt mode do you use?