TF Prime Voyager Megatron released in the UK.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lord T, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ouch.

I'll wait a couple months thankyouverymuch.:lol 

2. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great news,lucky i hold my horse on the Deluxe class

3. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Feel the wrath of the UK getting something decent for once!!
    Also, the UK gets screwed more than the US. I'm pretty sure we've had waves canceled that where out in the US, getting stuff ages after the US etc...

4. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

WTF is going on here? Isn't the U.k gonna get anything that the U.S had? I just went to Argos and picked up what I thought to be the standard Deluxe Cliffjumper, it wasn't. It was the Crappy "Revealers" one, which, frankly is terrible. The Box doesn't even acknowledge the fact that's a different version. I'm sure more people in the U.K would wan't re-packaged versions of First editions, more than these. I'll be honest, Wheeljack and Soundwave look really cool, but I'd rather have a different Cliff'.

And I still don't get why we have totally different Voyagers.

5. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Okay, I know I'm apparently not allowed to complain about the UK getting this stuff first for once, since I live in the US (I'm not even American, though, I'm Filipino...), but...am I at least allowed to ask, "What the hell happened?" I'm genuinely confused about what happened here...First Edition barely shows up in America, we're given a March release date for RiD...then the whole line suddenly shows up in January in the UK with only a couple of days' notice? Clearly, there's something at work here regarding the suppliers or whatever, and I wish Hasbro would give an explanation.

I reiterate that I am happy for the UK (really, I love all things British), but I'm just confused about the situation here.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this is the case,might as well wait for TakaraTomy version

7. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    The UK get's figures we have seen damn near anything of yet. Soundwave....Megatron....

The US get's the Bumblebee Ion Blaster..... -_-'

8. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, can't wait for these to come to the US! But first, I need to get the First Edition Voyagers...

9. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    The shop that is selling these has just released their new catalogue for the spring/summer - legally they have to have some stock of the things shown in the catalogue so each store is stocking a few of each figure.

I assume that prime toys aren't showing up in the US yet simply because retailers don't order new stock at this time of year - they never do and there is always a post xmas drought

10. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Because First Edition is a very limited release (Online only, over here, apparently) and this is the full Prime line (as opposed to the ones designed for genrations when Prime was supposed to be toyless). The reason Argos have this in stock is because they LEGALLY have to. No other reason, no Hasbro trolling - they don't want to wait till the summer catalogue to sell the spring line, so have a VERY limited amount up front, until the full line hits in Feb/March so Trading Standards doesn't get angry because they're advertising stuff they don't sell.

RE: No Prime in the US from other posters - I'm not an expert, but I think when Hasbro said "limited release" we all under-estimated how limited a release they meant. Full Prime RID hits late Feb/March, same as our normal stores, so that's when to look. I really wanted a FE Bulkhead, I may have to plump for the uglier Takara version, since FE was so limited everywhere. Unless a 'clean' version comes out at some point.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  11. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can't speak for other UK guys, but.... It's fine to complain that the US hasn't got these yet. I understand better than people from most countries what it is like to look online at what people are buying and want some too. However, personally, I get really hacked off when some US guys seem to imply that the UK shouldn't get these first and that they are being personally screwed by the situation. This is a once a year deal, tops.

For example, we have not got a single First Edition figure over here at all. The entire wave was skipped - including when it was released, before Christmas in the US (so, over a month ago) and went on sale to be heavily discounted. The store in the UK in question is a major toy retailer over (although density is not great, which tells you something else out the toy scene in the UK) and releases a catalogue twice a year. The rumour is that they made a deal with Hasbro UK as they carry a lot of toy-buying weight. The result is that they feature the RiD wave one in their catalogue and they get a few figures. Understand, each store has about 3 Deluxe figures and wont be restocking them for a while. Its a taster release, not a full release.

Next week, things will go back to normal. We didn't get any DotM beyond Thundercracker, no DotM HA figures past wave one, at either size, no Generations beyond about wave two or three tops... I could go on.

I wonder how many US guys would want a swap, giving the UK not just the advanced orders that the US gets so often that some people think it is their right, but giving the UK figures that are not even released at all outside the country, just so that the US can get Prime RiD wave one first? If I could make that exchange you better believe that I would in a heartbeat.

(Not to single you out here, as you have not been jumping up and down, but your post gave me something to work with.)

12. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

It is? Well, that's reassuring...I'm probably overreacting, but I was somewhat afraid that just BEING American and complaining about it was grounds enough to be denounced as some kind of jingoistic moron. But I'm actually annoyed at the people you mentioned as well; to claim that it's somehow "wrong" for the UK to get the toys first is just plain mean, plus it's not helping the online image of people in the US at all.

And thank you for explaining the situation; I had no idea it had to do with this particular store and their policies, nor that the release was just some kind of test thing. I appreciate answers like that. It's not often that one can ask a question on the internet and get such a straight answer-- thank you again.

And once again, I must reiterate that I'm not at all in favour of any of those people in the US who think getting toys first is somehow their "right". I myself wouldn't have even complained if not for the fact that my particular area in NYC has had such poor distribution that I would go as far as to compare it to what the UK has had up to now. Seriously, there's only one TRU within reasonable distance of me, and for the better half of the last year, it's had nothing but wave 1 DOTM and some lingering ROTF shelfwarmers; I haven't seen hide nor hair of Prime First Edition. I'd really like to know where these other places in the US are that managed to get everything already.

13. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

Hmm, Ok thanks for clearing that up. And I forgot to mention I got Commander class Prime, that is a cool figure, I highly recommend the the prime Cyberverse Commander line.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we get some pics of him in robot mode out of the box?

15. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

i'm sure there is a little bit of jealousy and envy to go around here for everyone! lol. What's clear is that hasbro/takara don't seem to have their crap together or they have some release strategy we don't understand. heck the US still hasnt' seen the first editions, canada oddly enough has. The Uk gets the entire toy line basically but no first editions? Japan has its own first edition decos. its all very confusing. wonder what teh hasbro asian market gets?

16. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have just got back from Singapore and they had the full FE Deluxes (4) and Voyagers (2) and the Entertainment pack from Hasbro.

I am going to keep this thread bookmarked, so that in about two months, when the UK still has wave one and nothing from wave three while the US is on wave four and beyond, I can point to it again. :D 

17. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    Picked up a Wheeljack today, he is ace! Sadly there weren't any Megatrons or Soundwaves at the two Argos shops in my area though. To those who have the Megatron already, what's he like? Worth it?

18. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Seconded, I am hopping for a case of Lockdown at a voyager scale, or maybe just a bit bigger then the average voyager, but of a scale nut.:) 

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Man Megatron is AMAZING!!!!:thumb  He'll look great with my First Edition Optimus figure!:D 

20. Axelle

Axelle Total Loony

Ebay:
    Sooo jelly of the UK right now. I'm happy for ya'll, really I am, but I do have to wonder what the hell is going on with these wacky release schedules. Canada gets the First Edition stuff in full, the US gets less than half of that, the UK gets nothing, but then suddenly gets the 2012 stuff months ahead of time. Not complaining here, just thoroughly confused.