Minor/Repaint: TF: Prime Voyager Megatron Finished (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pimptimus_Prime, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

I finished Megatron so here he is in robot mode. I need to work on my photography and lighting. I was originally going to paint the lens of his cannon in the light blue of the show, but it's been a while since I used my paints and my blues had dried up. If you want to see the W.I.P. of this guy, you can view it here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alt mode pictures to follow. :) 

Attached Files:

2. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

This is VERY nice :D 

It's been a long time since i've done any model painting (and that was just basic War Hammer stuffs)

Is that a different sword he's using? I don't see the seam in the blade.

How did you manage with the 'Con insignia? I'm guessing that was pretty hard to paint round.

Loved the glowing eyes (LED?)

4. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

Thank you! Believe it or not, a lot of Warhammer painting skills transfer to tranformers. :) 

It is the same sword, but I glued the pieces together and sanded the top smooth. You can see the process in my work in progress thread. LINK

The Decepticon badge I did with a fine tip liner brush very carefully. I did actually mess up a few times, but that why I always keep a cotton swab handy. Every time I got paint where I didn't want it I quickly wiped it away with the cotton swab, mildly moistened. If you really want to make sure you don't paint on the symbol, you can cut tiny pieces of masking tape to cover the symbol, or just use larger pieces and paint one edge at a time.

As for the eyes they are in fact lit by a red led and an Ultraviolet(Blacklight) Led. I am still figuring out this whole photography thing, and I needed to take better shots because the Decepticon symbol lights up as well... So here they are!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It really does show up better to the naked eye. I really wanted to take some photos of him next to a stock Megatron, but nobody I know has one, and I don't have the money to pick one up. So instead I took some pictures of him with a (nearly) stock Optimus.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was originally going to keep this Megatron and pick up a second as I plan on doing another one where I break down everything I do and will be changing a few things now that I have hindsight on my side. However it looks like the majority of my next 2 checks are pretty well spoken for, so I plan on selling this one. I always planned on trying to sell my work at some point, and would like to get to a point where my modding hobby funds itself. If you are interested in him, send me a pm with an offer. I will create a sale thread and update my signature when I do. If I haven't sold him by Sunday I will put him up on ebay on 1 week auction.

If there are any other pictures or poses you want pictures of, let me know! I'll be glad to take them. I also have all the wave 1 and 2 deluxes if you want to see him with any of those, though Arcee is in pieces right now for painting. :) 

I look forward to hearing from you! Have Fun and Happy Modding!

Attached Files:

5. tigerhawk16

tigerhawk16 Transmetal

Ebay:
    Looking forward to having my voyagers gun commission!

6. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

And I'm looking forward to working on it. :) 

I managed to get my hands on another Megatron so I got to do some comparison pics. I had to put it in story form though. (I took more pictures, but these are the ones that came out well.(

Megatron, preparing for his Stasis in Bubblewrapium Ore for his trip to conquer the East Coast, decided he should crack open one of his Life Model Decoys so that there was someone competent around to try and defeat the Autobots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Hmmm..."

[​IMG]

"I don't remember telling Shockwave to use any of this..."

[​IMG]

"Why didn't anyone tell me I was so overweight. Oh, I guess Starscream did..."

[​IMG]

"Drone, activate Mimic Mode and commence Personality Download!"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Take care of the ship while I'm gone. And don't believe anything Starscream tells you. Especially about your weight! Your just fine the way you are!"

[​IMG]

"I packed you some Energon Goodies for your trip."

[​IMG]

"Well, that's done. Time to make some improvements around here..."

[​IMG]

Coming at Some Point, W.I.P. 2.0!

Attached Files: