Tf: Prime v.s. The movieverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by megapork, Sep 10, 2011.

?

Which has proven itself to be superior in writing and style (referring to designs).

1. Bay's Transformer Films

8.8%
  2. Transformers Prime

48.6%
  3. Both are awesome.

32.4%
  4. Batman. In other words: I DONT GIVE A DAMN

7.4%
  5. BOTH SUCK. Animated is better.

2.7%
  1. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Is it because audiences are ******s, or because, in a very very unlikely possibility, the movie get turned into Ergo Proxy?:inquisiti 

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently Sentinel was going to talk to Sam about some human philosopher (forgot the name, but how the fuck would Sentinel know about human philosophy? It is a mystery), so I think it's more like the writer tried to translate the theory into character dialogue and failed. Ending up with confusing lines that simply did not translate well into a message.

Either that or Leonard Nimoy recorded the lines while eating peanut butter and they literally couldn't understand what he was saying.

3. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

What Spunky said on the first page. Prime.

4. megapork

megapork Cheese

I cannot believe someone answered option 5. Whoever you are i wil hunt you down to ends of the earth and send you to a dark place right underneath the movieverse's devastator.

5. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    TF Prime because the TFs are actually characters and not just walking 'splosion generators.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The problem with the current Hollywood business model is that they have to grab as many people as they can to buy tickets at certain times of the year. To make it an every person sort of film they often over test their big films. With the fear of losing any sells at all they will dumb down a film until the most dim witted person in the test audience can get it.

Bold, innovative, or film making that challenges the audience in some way gets thrown out in favor of something rather bland and predictable so a trip to the movies in the summer time is the equivalent of what McDonalds is to dining out.

Until Hollywood starts losing money on predictable bland films that don't require your brain to work past oh pretty then Hollywood will stick with the safe buck over taking any chances.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Problem is some people just want dumb entertainment. If I want to be challenged I have books to read. When I go to the movies I want pretty pics that keep me entertained for two hours.

8. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only the most recent episode of Prime has been really good. 2 of the 3 movies have been really good and the other one was good so I'm going with the movies

9. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that but at least Sentinel actually had a degree of DEVELOPMENT. Everyone else pretty much stayed the same throughout the 3 movies.

And I'm betting they couldn't understand it because the writers probably made up some post-modernist shit and put the label "philosophy" on it. I'm betting that's it.

10. megapork

megapork Cheese

Did i seriously just read a post complimenting ROTF? as in give a positive commen on ROTF. Worse yet TF1 And DOTM on the same level. I must have taken marijuana today. No dude you took meth. Thanks man, i was wondering what i injected into my blood stream. :wtf: 

ONLY THE RECENT EPISODE HAS BEEN REALLY GOOD???????? :wtf:  This is the time when i refer you to my sig.

11. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

Design wise? I'd have to go with the movies. The amount of intricacy and detail is astounding.

Character Wise: Prime. Even though some charcters do nothing, *cough* Soundwave *cough*, and some are boring. *cough* Optimus *Cough*, those who do something actually have a personality.

Story Wise: Animated. Something that I wish Transformers cartoons and movies had is that it had plots set for an episode, but also had an ongoing story for the season and show. Animated had some very well written story. I almost wanted to vote Animated for character wise just because Animated Optimus had brilliant character development.

In conclusion, each are good in their own way.

12. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I voted both. And I say that by not counting ROTF..so..yeah :) 

And Prime is such an amazing show it's one of the best on tv!

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Or maybe television. Since the TV business model is different they can do things that movies aren't willing to risk. With more competition between networks it seems like TV can go for the sort of niche markets that films can't capitalize on. Thus TV can make a profit on Steven Hawking explains the universe to how drunk is Snookie on the Jersey Shore this week.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :banghead:  That would have been awesome.

They better have it on the DVD. Sentinel Prime is the best Bayformer charecter ever.

15. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I like both, but I voted TF Prime because I feel like the writing is better.

16. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

PRIME for me.

BAYMOVIE 1 did at least give the feel of what a real TFer would look like. Though I didn't like how overtechnical they looked. Anyone who's seen the CITRON TRANSFORMER advert will know what I mean.
    BAYMOVIE 2 stank. Ok to begin with, then plots and actual sightings of the bots were almost censored.
    BAYMOVIE 3 at least did better than the movie 2.

PRIME saga was set out to do what the movies didn't... Please TF fans. It combines elemants of ANIMATED, G1 and the movies and gives us what we want...mostly.

Though I did find TFAnimated a smarter saga.

17. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Designs? Movieverse. Writing? Prime.

Overall my vote goes to Prime. Cool designs alone don't make a continuity superior as seen in ROTF.

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both are pretty good.

19. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Unicron Trilogy is the worst in my eyes! It was a blight on Transformers that ended my love for TFs until the Movies.

20. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Bayformers & Animated ftw