TF: Prime Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    So far, we've seen alot of the toys for Prime, though I couldnt help but notice that we're getting guys like Wheeljack and Skyquake before guys like Ratchet and Breakdown. Is that so we get toys of guys we wont see again anytime soon before guys who will be around for a while or what?

2. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

This is exactly what I thought when I saw Skyquake.

3. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Well given that so far we've seen less than 20 bots chances are they're all in development at the same time and all at different stages. You'll probably find they're working on thier favorites first.

4. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Never thought about that but it's a good question. Or the other are made and going to be released as well be we just haven't been shown them yet?

5. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I was pretty disappointed when they announced Skyquake was getting a voyager before Megatron. :( 

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Well Megatron is a prominent character. Skyquak isnt. So by giving us Skyquake first, we're guaranteed a toy of him. and since its MEGATRON, theres a guarantee of him! works out perfectly that way. This makes me a little worried about Airachnid, as with her, it could go either way. She could be like any other Con, gettin a toy. Or she could be like the Animated Constructicons... hoping that she doesnt get screwed over...

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Since all the characters who haven't gotten revealed toys are all major characters such as Megatron, which Torque points out, having the one-shot characters get toys first not only expands the roster of figures to get early on but also might shut up those who would complain latter on about wanting a character who only showed up for one or two episodes, like Skyquake.

Plus, we still don't know the general order for a good deal of the line's size class waves, so Megatron might still be coming early, or even reserved for the Leader class, which would rock.

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No! Don't give them ideas! I want a Voyager!

9. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I wasn't. I love Skyquake! And as others have said, a Voyager Megatron is pretty much guaranteed.

10. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd say we will see EVERY bot in the show turn up as toys. There are so few at this point that they need to make toys to fill the shelves, so I'm counting on seeing them all eventually!

I'm super excited about Skyquake, wheeljack, and I didn't think I would be after seeing the concept art, but Soundwave has grown on me. Plus they are really nailing the toys! I can't believe what they are pulling off design-wise!

11. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    I don't mind Skyquake, although I don't get why he had a sword in the proto pics and not his mini-gun, but that doesn't keep me from wanting a Megatron NAOW! :D 

12. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

I might get Prime and Arcee, it will depend on reviews. I was going to get Starscream, but his jet mode looks horrible, who ever designed him didn't put enough effort into the job.

13. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    You could always get the voyager. Personally I don't care if he has a crappy jet mode. He more than makes up for it in robot mode based on what I've seen.

14. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When's the last time that Megatron didn't get a Voyager class in any line? I'm glad they're releasing the more obscure characters first. I'd rather have these then the typical bots and cons anyway.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I was disappointed with is how Skyquake didn't get his gatling gun. C'mon!

And I honestly hope Megatron reformats into Galvatron or something so he can have a chance of having an earth vehicle mode. I don't like cybertronian modes.

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    they are spacing them out, they want to do everything but they don't want to flood the market early on with just the main cast and leaving the other waves just full of repaints and characters that are barely on the show/non-show characters. we'll get them all eventually

17. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    The voyager is way more show accurate. I don't see any good reason to get that crappy deluxe now that we know the voyager is coming.

18. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Well I'm a bit OCD when it comes to scale and Starscream's pretty tall for a deluxe while still being really skinny like in the show. I know it's not a big deal for some people but for me it makes the deluxe more desirable.

Also if I don't get him then I'll go through the entire preview line with no one for my army of six to fight except for three Vehicons.

19. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    I just can't get over how bad the triple missile rack and that dookie cone between his legs looks on the deluxe. Also his hands don't look stabby enough. I'm looking forward to the voyager though.

20. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Who knows. I might change my mind and decide to get the voyager. However I'd need to see a colored version.

Are there any upcoming events where they could show one?