TF Prime toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey guys,

I wanted to start this thread to see what yall think.As we know TF Prime did not start with the launch of the new station,when early this year it was implied that it would at Toyfair and Botcon,but all we got was just the pilot episodes in 5 parts.

Anyway why I'm here is to see if you think I'm crazy or not that TF Prime will see an early release in figures due to the delay in the shows release?. I really hope so since Animated ran alongside with the first movie and some of ROTF. What do you guys think,crazy or not?.Also forgot to add that lack of news of it and DOTM makes it seem possible.Let me know what you think guys.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    The toys will come in October of next year, probably a bit sooner in some areas. Hasbro isn't going to change their plans because fans are impatient.

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    It did?

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I dont remember seeing animated along side movie 1 stuff except for the tail end of the movie 1 toy line. It did run along with ROTF for a fair amount of time. ALthough dont count on Prime toys any time soon. October of next year sounds about right for a new toy line starting.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just curious, but where are we getting a date of October 2011 for Prime toys? The last official word I remember from Hasbro said they weren't planning to do Prime figures.

6. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I beleive that a Bulkhead prototype was shown at SDCC this year. I most certainly could be wrong, though...

The toys will not be released early. With DOTM being released this year, the focus will certainly be on the toys from that line first. I will say that I'm eager to see what these Prime toys will look like. I really like the character models from the show and would love to see Bulkhead, Starscream and Megatron in toy form!

7. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    I agree, I think there is a good chance the lines will run together, as long as hasbro produces the TFPrime line, (and if they have any business sense they will) I notice the movie and animated lines ran together in my area as well.

8. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I dont know if has ever announced oct 2011. It just sounds like a reasonable time for the toys for prime.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There was an investor's event where it was announced they would follow on after the Dark of the Moon toyline, around October 2011. Presumably the show's first season will be completed and in daily reruns by that point, giving it the maximum exposure to drive a toyline. I'd imagine the actual release might be closer to December, when Dark of the Moon undergoes its subtitle reset and starts to become a secondary line.

10. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Hasbro always says "We're not planning on stuff AT THIS TIME", which means that stuff won't be out within the next few months. Which is true. Hasbro works well in advance, so they probably have the release of Masterpiece Rodimus lined up, but because he won't hit until next fall, they will ALWAYS respond "we have no plans for this product at this time"

They did NOT say "We will never do Prime figures". And seriously, do you really think Hasbro would go to the effort of making a new Transformers cartoon and NOT make toys to tie in?

October 2011 was stated by Hasbro in the most recent batch of Q and A answers.

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah I did not know that... I thought it was strange that people were talking about Prime Toys debuting in October when the third movie line would have only been on shelfs for 3 - 4 months. I guess Hasbro wants to get back to making TF toys that they don't have to share the profits on.

This begs the question, will Hasbro have three lines on the shelf (Generations, DOTM and Prime), or will Generations go on Hiatus again till 2012, when Hasbro finishes with all of the obligatory repaints of the movie toys? Perhaps the DOTM line will consist of lots of repaints with only a few new figures so they can be phased out of stores by Christmas 2011?

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i think Gen Will go in hiatus Becuase Classic and Universe Ended Before the Movies Came, So Generations Is gonig to end Before DOTM Comes

13. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    I'm well aware of how they speak with "at this time" being a common sort of disclaimer statement. I'm also well aware of the timeframes involved. It's obvious that they will make toys at some point to go along with their most widespread media vehicle for the brand. I missed the Q&A answer and the above mentioned investor info where they announced anything different from "no plans at this time", so I did not know where people were quoting a date from.

I'll thank you not to treat me like an idiot for simply asking to be filled in about where and when they changed their answer and actually revealed something about their plans so I would know where the info came from. Not everyone can be constantly on top of every last tidbit of information we get, things slip past even the most involved.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  14. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That was my thought as well, yet the DOTM line is more direct competition for the launch of the Prime line. I think we'll see the last waves of DOTM in Late November in hopes to "clear the shelves" by the end of the 2011/start of 2012, with hopefully the return of a classics inspired line for Spring/Summer 2012.

15. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm happy with my G1 Ratchet and his custom head and blue 07 Arcee to represent their Prime counterparts for now. Now if only we get a head remold and bonnet horns on Generations Windcharger to give us Cliffjumper, I'll be very happy. We better get the horns!

16. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I don't see three toylines on the shelf. I see Transformers Prime incorporated into Generations just like the WFC figures were.

17. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    I'm kind of thinking the same thing.

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    so if it is October, then when do you think we'll see prototypes and whatnot?

19. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I would agree that there wouldn't be three lines at one time, but I think that Prime will have it's own line and not incorporated into some generic catch all line like Generations or RTS. The reason why I don't think this will be the case is that Prime has it's own series whereas the WFC figures are based on comic and video game interpretations.

I would be more inclined to think that the "classics" line would be put on hold until movie figures are depleted from the shelves. I could be wrong, of course.

20. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Absolute truth. The G1 cartoon obviously worked out well for them. :D