TF Prime Toys- Spotty Distribution

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stygian360, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

In the Sightings thread a few of us have been talking about how spotty distribution has been lately for all things TF Prime. Yes, Target stores seem fairly rich merch thankfully, but Wal-Mart specifically appears to still be burning through what's left of their DOTM toys and (apparently) aren't committing fully to Prime until that stuff is out the door. As a side note I think it's going to take a fire sale to get rid of what's left, but that's another topic for another time. So my question is Hasbro .. when the heck does this happen-

[​IMG]

2. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

It won't cause there are other figures pictured besides bumblebee.
    On a serious note, its a bit soon to be complaining about spotty distribution. Walmart should be clearancing their dotm figures soon, nut they aren't Target and it seems that Walmart only recently cleaned out their warehouses of the dotm figures. Shelves that were virtually empty of dotm last week are suddenly fully stocked.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Soon people will be like "WTF TOO MANEH PRAHME TOIZ! CAN'T FAHND GENURASHUNS!"

4. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Happens anytime something new comes out.

5. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Be patient. The line just came out a few weeks ago. It's going to be a couple of months before it reaches saturation.

6. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

When pigs fly and hell itself freezes over...

Or maybe next week.:lolol 

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

That's the entire point.

8. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

I suppose. It seemed like DOTM merch hit all at once prior to the movie and good Lordy was there a lot of it! But with Prime it seems like a very slow trickle. I guess the main thrust of my question/argument has to do with why Prime merch is a slow trickle and DOTM was a full-on onslaught!

I get that the movie motivated a marketing bonanza of epic proportions and since the TV show has been on the air for over a year with no toys there's really no hurry, but why not make the onslaught a 'big bang' roll out versus the 'little bit here, little bit there' approach they're using currently? Just seems odd and I'm not sure I fully understand the reasoning behind it.

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Shouldn't be long before they dominate my area. Lots of DOTM Voyagers, but only like three pegs of Deluxes left.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I wish toy stores looked like that mock-up display.

11. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    If you can find it at all, distribution is not the issue.

I live in podunk region of the US served by a single Walmart and I'm seeing Prime merchandise.
    The issue is, people are *gasp* BUYING IT, so unless Walmart has more en route (which may or may not be the case given how much DotM they are still pushing), if they sell through the case or two they get...it might be all that store gets for a while.

Btw: Dont' expect Walmart to clearance DotM anytime soon. Considering they stuck with Iron Man 2's shelfwarming for almost TWO YEARS, I'm expecting Walmart to simply sell down DotM, at least until they need the shelf space this summer for movie tie ins.

12. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

THAT looks awesome, FE's out the ying-yang! Too bad it'll never happen, at least w/ the FE figs it wont.

I'd love to see that at my local Walmart, its like a "goldmine" of PRID figs!

13. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yes. I know.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Me too!:(  I wish my local Wal Marts and Targets will release more of the RID figures soon!

15. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

TRU's in my area seem to have the same problem, especially Times Square; they have a GIGANTIC wall of nothing but Wave 1 DOTM Deluxes that just do not want to move. Rego Centre TRU, on the other hand, seems to be slowly abolishing all Transformers in general. Its space on the shelves has been reduced to a single, tiny corner, while nearly all the space it used to occupy is now taken up by Star Wars figures.

Target used to have pretty great distribution in my area, until they apparently stalled in the middle of a wave of Bumblebees last week and stopped getting anything new.

What confuses me the most is how New York freaking City could have such terrible distribution. Wouldn't they make more money if there were more toys available in what's supposed to be the biggest and busiest city in the country?

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Most of the other TF lines have been released the exact way Prime has been. Maybe deluxes at a certain store who put them out early. maybe Voyagers at a different store. The Movie toys were all put out at once as marketing hype. Those three toylines are the only ones I can think of that were released in one giant onslaught instead of getting a slow initial release.

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Me too, but the only time shit looks like that is maybe for the first 2 hours after things get put out, and pretty only for very large stores that can actually afford to have relevant product & clean the store on a regular basis. TRU is probably the best at coming close to what their modules are supposed to look like, but even with them (being dedicated to this shit), it's still a daily game of chase. Granted, it's still easier with things that have variants (aka, more than one thing that can live in peg/shelf home) that with mish mash isles that you literally have to remerchandise every day because of how irregular they are, but when stuff looks too pretty for too long without constantly being fixed, that's usually a sign that its not selling, and that's not an issue with Transformers as a whole right now.

Moral of the story? Camp outside your TRU & be the 1st person to walk in the door every day, eat your lunch in the isle, and do your best to avoid gathering dirty looks from staff & customers.

18. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Distribution for the beginning of this line has been going fine in my area.

19. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Local Target has six Bumblebees, one Wheeljack, nothing else.

Cyberverse is just all Bumblebees.

Awesome.

<--- this guy sure seems happy about it though.

20. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    My TRU is terrible when it comes to PRID, they just stocked a crapton of DOTM deluxes....

As for wally world and target, it's been fine.