TF: Prime toys at Walmart, is there a number to check?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlockimus, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    I apologize because I'm fairly sure there's an answer somewhere in this giant website, but my Walmart is open (duh) and I have been Ratchet-less for too long. And I'm desperate.

The pegs at my Walmart are empty and I'm a bit worried they'll reset them and I'll miss out on the only Ratchet around, so I wanted to know if there's a number or UPC/DPCI/SKU I can call and have checked for them to find the Prime Deluxes in the back or something.

Please let me know, I appreciate any answer I can get, or even just knowing they don't use that system.

2. Kiddcade

Kiddcade Signal Lancer

Walmart doesn't have a "back" So to speak. Stuff comes off the truck and gets set out onto the sales floor to be stocked immediately. The "back" is mostly used for layaway/site-to-store stuff now.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, every store has a warehouse, but Wal-Mart's just very good at not keeping overstock, so what they actually have back there is pretty lean compare to most, especially considering that they carry pretty much everything instead of just toys like TRU.

If someone can get you a UPC number you can always ask, but chances are that new stuff will be on the floor if it's in the store. It'll be useful for letting you know if there's any order status related info however, which anyone who knows how to use the RF gun can tell you in 30 seconds.

4. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

I have a friend that works at my local Walmart, and I asked her the same question when the PRID toys first came out. She told me to get her the UPC number and she could look it up in the computer. When she did, the number was in their system but the store didn't have any figures yet. I haven't seen a Ratchet or Arcee yet either, so I'm tempted to get the UPC's and ask her to look them up again... I'm not sure if any random Walmart employee would be willing to look them up for you, but you can always ask.

5. Boricua Prime

Boricua Prime Prime

The only stores I've seen Ratchet is at Target.

6. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Be patient and frequent your walmart.
    They are appearing, 1ea per case, 1cs at a time, at wally, target, & TRU.
    If a wally has it, they put it out.
    Saw 2 wallys w/ratchet yesterday.
    Saw a different wally with 1 earlier in week.
    Just keep checking.

7. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I seen alot of Bumblebees,Primes,Megatrons, & others from Prime.

8. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2 of my local walmarts had ratchet and arcee yesterday.

9. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

My local Walmart just finally put Ratchet and Arcee out today.I don't think you have to worry about missing them.It's just a matter of time before you find them.

10. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Walmarts in my area do have that "back"......

Whether or not you can get an employee/manager to actually go check for you is another story. It all depends on the store, store manager, what the their specific store policies are and whether or not anyone is following orders. I know this because I've gotten in pretty good with the manager at my local Walmart. He sometimes gets miffed when he sees employees putting out stuff that shouldn't be out yet. So like mirarage said, be patient. Call down to your local Walmart if you can. If they can hold the toy for you (which most Walmarts in my area have no problem doing), then they'll hold it for you :) 

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Mine does. And it's near the toy section.

12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1.) Wal-Mart does have a "in the back" section, a stockroom. All stores do. To say/think otherwise is silly and it's a bullshit statement.

2.) Wal-Mart modifies their UPCs. They add a zero to the beginning and take off the last number provided by Hasbro. For example: Cyberverse Commanders with DVD: 6 53569 74137 4 (Hasbro's UPC), but modify it... 0 65356 97413 7 and it shows up in their system.

Works for all TF items. You'll need a Deluxe and Voyager UPC to make it work, but remember, zero before, drop the last number and it'll work.

13. oswaldCobblepot

oswaldCobblepot Well-Known Member

Uh. yes they do. If they didnt, my job wouldn't exist. I work exclusively in the backroom at my local walmart.

as far as checking for the product in the back, you should know that if the merchandise is put away properly, they won't be able to tell you whether they have a specific figure or not, only if they have an assorted case. but Ratchets UPC is 653569722342, for what its worth. Like I said, they can tell you if they have any cases in the back, but not Ratchet specifically. If you're at the store, just ask for someone with a gemini (also called a telxon depending on where you are) to scan the label on the shelf. that UPC is the assorted UPC that all the others are cross-referenced to.

I hope that made sense. >_>