TF Prime thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by rossifumi, Sep 19, 2012.

1. rossifumi

rossifumi New Member

Love the way the series and season 2 is playing out

- solid characters and trying to round out their stories.

- I like the way they're trying to show more of the Decepticon side, and how the Autobots are perceived from their P.O.V. and how the Autobots are as dangerous to them, as the Decepticons are dangerous to the Autobots.

- Relics: Overall great idea and it works out. The only cheese moment was "..the spark extractor..", but these relics and how they're working them in is all aces. A great way to also dig into the myth and lore of cybertron.

- the humans: great job working them into the stories

- Great story telling, rock solid, great for adult and kid audiences alike.

- I think it's great they've introduced some of the more uncommon characters like Smokescreen and hope they keep going in this direction. It really rounds out this universe and injects some fresh blood, so to speak. Really hope they keep introducing the uncommon or unknown characters.

My only 2 wishes - seeing them dig more into the decepticon p.o.v. and showing how they view the autobots as 'aggressors', and also, giving everyone's weapons a distinctive sound, handing a feeling of power/speed. On this last point it would never happen, but it would bring a whole new level of texture to this show.

my overall feeling is this is an all-aces bang-out-of-the-park iteration of Transformers, that is worthy of suceeding even G1.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Season 2 started off turbulent but I think after Tunnel Vision it got really interesting and then after Hurt. Solid home runs.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Season 2 had some bump roads but its getting better with time.

Overall, its not a bad show.

4. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm a hardcore TFP fan. Love everything about it. It's not perfect but I love it despite of it's imperfections

5. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Season 2 started out disappointing but it got a whole lot better after Triangulation.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    :thumb  +1

7. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    You are a true fan :D 

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Really sick of it. It's reptitive, plot lines are underused, no sense of threat and the first half of season two really screwed up Arcee and Starscream and had a huge lacking of personality from most characters.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I take it you're not watching it anymore.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I've given up before only to crawl back so I'll see what happens the day Legacy airs before I say I've quite watching.

11. LotusoftheLeaf

LotusoftheLeaf Well-Known Member

I've loved nearly every episode of this show. There were a handful from the beginning of season two I don't care for much, but every episode has at least one scene or line that I enjoyed.

I also love the characters. Even the ones I hate, I love, because certain characters (Airachnid, for example) I feel aren't meant to be liked. The fact I don't like them just means the writers did a good job of making them despicable. I even love all the human characters. Yes, that includes Miko.

The only thing I'd change about the show is the number of characters. I'd add in some more Decepticons and at least one more Autobot. And I agree that an episode from the Decepticons' point of view would be interesting, especially if it involved the Vehicons and how they see and feel about things.

12. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

I'll bet you give up just to crawl back all over again. I do the same thing more or less only it isn't a love/hate thing. I just lose interest after a while and then something happens to rekindle it.

13. ThatCrazyGuy

ThatCrazyGuy Well-Known Member

I have always hoped they would go into the Cons point of view more as well. It will never happen though i would think.

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm enjoying it but it could really use a sense of direction and over arching story. It didn't surpass Beast Wars as I had hoped it would for these reasons.

But I still enjoy each episode.

15. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

o3o Now, if only we could get this thread to encompass the general discussion of the PRIME forum...

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I’m really enjoying it.
    As has been said before it’s good for kids and adults.

I really like the way Prime has shown Megatron to be evil without having him be a maniac.
    Has this version of Megatron done a maniacal laugh yet?

I think the human element (see what I did there?) has been good; although I did get tired of Miko’s running headlong into danger over and over last season.
    And I don’t like it that no one has ever questioned how Raf can understand Bumblebee.
    Fowler is fantastic.
    I also wish the weapons had different sounds.
    And I don’t like it that the robots have Earth mode parts before they ever arrive on Earth.
    They could make small changes to the character model and that would be enough for me.

But those small gripes aside, I think it is a great show and I can’t wait to see where it’s going.

Could we get toys of these Cybertron Relics, please?

17. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

I like it, but I think it is sort of stuck in a rut. Characters come in and die or leave before I can become a fan. Everytime I think something drastic is going to happen like in "Orion Pax" or "Toxicity", it goes back to status quo. In summary, I still like the aethsthetic and the show at large, but the characters need a lot more development.

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The Autobot forces have been largely the same, but I don't think the Decepticon side has been status quo at all.
    For instance, Starscream has gone from being the Decepticon leader to being a rogue element.

19. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love it!! Me and my son's favorite show. The animation is great. You really get to know the characters. There have been a few episodes that have let me down...but overall...I am excited to watch the show whenever it comes on

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

He gave a fantastically manic laugh while witnessing all the Dark Energon from the volcano fall around him, just after Prime was rescued.