TF Prime: Thats it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by seeker311, Mar 25, 2012.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Is it me or does this line of figures just not have much to it? I know they have been trickling in and maybe it has to do with DOTM being canceled, but I remember that when TF Animated came out, there were more figures initially out and in better supply. To me it just feels as though a gap was really left at the beginning of this year and supply-wise it has not been filled....

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I was thinking the pace seems darn slow too.

Can't see it as anything other than Hasbro playng it softly-softly.

3. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I agree the pace does seem slow, but my wallet is fine with that. I guess the change of the Movie trilogy to Asian market exclusives left a gap. Of course, when Animated came out, they didn't have a main focus line like a movie line at the time, just Generations (a great line but not a main focus line since there was not any fiction to go with it).

4. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I just find it weird that the toys are just NOW starting to come out! This cartoon started back in (goes to IMDB)...Late November 2010. So a year and three months later, we get toys from the cartoon?! Is this normal for today's cartoons/toys? I would have thought that as soon as the first five episodes for the first season aired, you would find toys in the stores. Seems like a smart business move to me. Then again, we are talking about Hasbro here. -_-

5. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I guess for TF TV shows it is. Animated went through a season and a half on US airways before the toys hit.

6. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

When Retailers want more Movie Product and are not willing to support a toyline, that's when you see things like this.

It didn't used to be this way. Back before the 2007 film all Transformers television shows were on the air with their toys a month or at least three weeks available at retail prior to the premier.

These days, due to the abundance of movie line product the television toylines are getting shafted off to the side due to retailers failing to understand the product they are willing to sell.

The first wave has only now started to hit saturation I believe, at least for the Deluxes and possible Cyberverse Legion. Commanders and Powerizers/Voyagers still aren't as numerous, and DotM figures continue to eat up shelf space.

As long as this line is allowed to live it's planned length and doesn't get shafted off to the side due to Retailer incompetence/demands for more movie products, we should at least get all of the main characters in the first three to four waves, provided Hasbro doesn't act stupid with their case assortments. Oh... Well too late for that. :eyeroll:

7. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Interesting. Thanks for the info guys. :) 

Shame that the Movie toys are more important than the cartoon toys...since it was the cartoons that made them money before the movies became big.

I just couldn't remember how it was back in the 80's, if the toys were out just after the cartoons began...or if it also had a year or so delay.

8. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    It was all at the same time given that the cartoon was basically just a toy advert.

The reason the movie toys received such a big push was to try and feed into the market created by the movies. Its a load of high value cross advertising that a tv series based line just can't get.

9. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

Perhaps more importantly: Everything was available for at least a sizeable chunk of the year, if not two full years.

That's what rankles me... they ship a toy for a few months, and then it's gone.

10. At0mic Cav3man

At0mic Cav3man Well-Known Member

I think part of the problem is that TF: Prime airs on a second or third tier cable channel. That means that a lot fewer people see it than if it aired on basic cable. If it were on Cartoon Network, we'd probably have seen more interest domestically, imo.

11. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Most stores around me don't even have much DOtM stuff left. They just aren't stocking much Prime stuff.

The Avengers and Star Wars seems to be the focus of the figure aisles right now.

12. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    It's a combination of things.

DOTM still clogging shelves, so retailers can't order that many Prime waves.

Toyline just came out, I mean, seriously, it's not even a month in. Yet by this time next month we'll have deluxe wave 03 out.

I distinctively remember Animated debuting late in comparison to the tv show. Wave 04 [with EG Bumblebee, Swoop, Sentinel and Jazz] came out in August of that year.

Movie lines throw the release schedule out of the window for the "next" mainline. Back in Energon\Cybertron, this sort of thing did not occur.

Thankfully, due to Prime having a small cast, most of them are beefed out by the first few waves. I mean, counting deluxe wave 03 in, we're only short of Dreadwing, Breakdown, Airachnid and possibly the Insecticon.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

You mean retailers have finally figured it out and aren't completely overstocking on cases of wave 1 and 2, meaning when wave 3 and 4 come out they'll order it since they won't be completely swamped with stock?

About. Damn. Time.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Because they're making a TV show, not a commercial.

15. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Unless you really want that Bee.
    But for the toys some places have had row upon row of all the figures most of which have gone (2 voyagers, 1 of each, a few Bee's and 1 of each of the rest of wave 1 we have yet to get wave 2 in the uk )

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was thinking they don't have very much more to release especially as Deluxes. So perhaps they need to include things like Barricade & Prowl from the new Videogame too. Or do what they did with Beast Wars and start making up new character toys.

It might also be worth doing a Prime style version of the Rescuebots too. It looks like generation is going to be a bigger lump of 2012/2013 than I first thought. Perhaps hasbro had it right all a long and their shouldn't be a specific Prime toyline but just a RID line that includes other sort of things too.

It seems especially dumb when there's so many Movie toys sitting in limbo.

17. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The visibility of the Bayverse movies are done for the moment, and TF Prime is only on the Hub network, which not everyone has available to them since it's considered a premium channel. That and you can also blame the still-weak economy and the waffling of retailers as they shift from Bayverse stuff to the new toy lines.

In addition to the TF Prime show, we have Fall of Cybertron video game to look forward to to give the franchise a shot in the arm with new FoC/Generations figures.