TF Prime Takara AM-11 Arcee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by pingth, Jun 4, 2012.

1. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's a pictorial review / comparison of the TF Prime Takara AM-11 Arcee. This figure shares the same mold as the Hasbro version with a different shade of blue. In my opinion, the blue colour on this AM-11 Arcee is a much nicer blue compared to the Hasbro version. And of course, this Takara AM version features the Arms Micron.

So here is a picture of the Arms Micron in robot mode, which is a nice figure and it does show some form of resemblance to the Arcee figure.

[​IMG]

And the Arms Micron figure in blade mode in comparison with the blade from Hasbro version

[​IMG]

In vehicle mode, the left is the AM version and the right is the Hasbro version.
    The AM version has a pink metallic sticker pasted over the guard of the front wheel and you can see a deeper blue on the body of the AM version.

[​IMG]

The seat of the bike has black stickers pasted on the pinion rider seat section on the AM version, which I thought is a nice touch to the alt mode.

[​IMG]

And there is a "rear lighting" sticker pasted at the bottom of the bike in the AM version which again is a very nice touch to the alt mode as well.

[​IMG]

And this a picture of the AM weapon mounted in the alt mode. There isn't any other ports visible on bike except the ones on the front wheel which is consistent with the Hasbro version, so I guess that is a good thing as people has been complaining about these mech tech ports at the odd places of the other AM figures.

[​IMG]

And in comparison with Hasbro version, AM version only has the blade weapon whereas Hasbro has both the blade and the canon.

[​IMG]

In robot mode, again you can see the colour difference between the two versions. There are some chrome stickers on the AM version on the abodmen and knee caps of the figure which is kind of nice. There are metallic pink stickers on the wrist and the shin on the AM figure as well which I do like and I think it this pink metallic highlights do work for this Arcee figure and consistent with the pink Arm Micron weapon. I think the drawback of this AM version could possible be the pink mech tech ports on both side of the "wings". The pink used seems out of place on the figure.

[​IMG]

Here a picture highlighting the pink metallic stickers on the shin or lower leg area.

[​IMG]

And here a comparison picture of the figures in robot mode with the weapons mounted. Hasbro version has an additional canon weapon.

[​IMG]

And these are some pictures of the AM Arcee in some poses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Conclusion:

Overall, I do like this AM Arcee figure and I do recommend it. The colour on this AM Arcee is of a nicer blue. I have bought AM-01 to AM-11 and I have to say that the quality of the previous AM stickers were mostly terrible but for Bulkhead and Arcee, I feel that they have made some improvements, though I cannot say for very sure whether the stickers quality has improved or is it due to the "more flat" surfaces on Arcee and Bulkhead where the stickers apply. And I do like this Arms Micron that comes with Arcee as well, the resemblance to Arcee, transformed into a nice blade weapon.

The main drawback which I feel is possibly the pink mech tech ports on both side of the "wings". I'll see how it goes, I may end up using marker (or known as sharpie in USA) to colour up those ports blue instead.

And as we wrap up the main Autobot casts with the release of AM Arcee and Bulkhead, I think it is appropriate to post a group picture of the main Autobot casts of TF Prime in the AM version, each with their Arms Micron.

[​IMG]

And a group picture of the Autobot Arms Microns.

[​IMG]

And finally, just for the fun of it, I tried to connect these microns to form huge weapons for Optimus Prime........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Ugh, those wing tits ruin it even if one could get over the stickers.

Which I can't.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    +More accurate blue
    -Price
    -Tacky stickers instead of paint
    -Wing nipples
    -Oversized clunky weapon

As always, going with PRiD.

4. Dark Neptune

Dark Neptune Autocon

Not a bad fig to be honest. Wish the AM for Arcee turned into a gun instead.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the Micron group shot :D 

I don't understand the sticker thing. If they're going to include them, that's fine, but don't intend their use to be over bumpy parts molded into the plastic or where you have to apply the sticker to bend and form over a part

6. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

the darker paint and pink stickers help the figure

EDIT: are Cliffjumper and is Arm Micron holding hands:sly2: 

7. Thebricklord

Thebricklord The Brick

My god, and I thought the first editions blades were large.

8. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Digging the colors and I don't mind the stickers, actually. The blue and pink look perfect. The minicon is just blah though, as are the giant wing nipples. Can the pink pegs on her wings removed at all?

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I do love her more darker blue colors. :)  And I don't mind the stckers on her at all. The one thing that does bug me are the ports on her wings.

Her Micron's cute too.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Yay! I've always wanted a Transformer with nipple wings!

11. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The pink ports cannot be removed easily by means of unpegging etc and I guess I wouldn't want to try to forcefully remove it. Am still thinking if I'll use blue sharpie.

12. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That pic of Micron group shot sure look cute

13. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Got one this morning from RK. Micron is reaaaaally cool. But as usual, the stickers look like ass.

14. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AM Arcee with stickers on,it looks much better than the RID Arcee

15. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know this thread is over a year old and probably no one cares, but I have spent all night searching the internet about the exact issue and this thread was the only one that mentioned Arcee and her ugly AM ports!

Well after trying unsuccessfully to find any how to guides on removing AM ports, and then how to unglue plastic I decided to just use good old fashioned brute force with some pliers and surprisingly the pink AM ports popped off pretty easily.

It looks as though the ports are only glued on in a couple of spots. There are some minor white glue spots but I should be able to remove them with a hobby knife or acetone.

Anyways here's my results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So there you go. How to remove Arms Micron Ports, in particular Arcee's Pink wing nipples! :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I have to add that mine did not come off easily.

In fact I had to carve most of the plugs off. The glue was completely coating the outside of the post.

Looks like YMMV depending on how much glue was used. :( 

17. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah that's a good point. With something like hand applied glue, I should have added that YMMV.

Hopefully anyone else trying to remove the AM ports don't run into the same issues as you.