TF Prime Speculations and Theories

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by darksage78, Dec 4, 2010.

1. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Did this the last time before Animated aired and surprisingly hit the spot on about Starscream's clones and some minor plot elements. Since it was more ambiguous going into Prime this time, I saved it till the end of the 5 Part miniseries. I think the writers dropped PLENTY of tidbits and I'd like to see what others thought of.

Please, please, please do not let this degenerate into a wish list of things you want to see or guesses without facts which to be based upon.

Here are a few of mine:
    1. The War
    Though they haven't explicitly said it, I think the war is over for the most part. Cybertron is devastated, Autobots are traveling the galaxy in search of safe harbour and we know of conflict on Earth. Now pertaining to the actual conflict, it could either be in the recent past or the distant, distant past. I'm thinking it was a combination of both. Those undead zombie corpses, there were just WAY too many of them for their war to be un-noticed by the humans. I think conflict was brought to Earth long ago. This is probably when energon caches started building up on Earth as Prime mentioned. Now the other thing is the Autobot involvement with the Pentagon. Either some humans stumbled across Cybertronian bodies or the conflict returned to Earth in present-ish time is not clear. But I don't think Prime was actually there where the zombies were buried since he seemed to be going of what he may have read or heard rather than the experience himself. If he did experience that battle himself I think there would have been a lot more grief in slaying his undead brethren. At the moment I think this is the most interesting plot line, we know its based off movie concepts but not precisely so I'm interested in seeing how this unravels. I wonder how secret the Autobot and Decepticon war was three years ago.

2. Breakdown and Knockout
    So far the Decepticon cast has been extremely limited, particularly only to Starscream, Megatron and Soundwave. With no Space-Bridge left, Megatron's disappearance, no life giving artifact, I think at least one of them will be a "sparked" Eradicon. I doubt Decepticons arriving to Earth because we don't know anything about the state of Decepticon affairs. Autobots are roaming the stars but Megatron came back from his 3 year absence without so much a comrade en tow. Either that or they may have Decepticons in stasis onboard the Nemesis to conserve energon as they don't seem to want to waste it.

3. Megatron
    I think we can all safely say he's not dead. But as to what happened to him, I'd say he went through the bridge last second. We saw him reach out to the bridge but I think he knew that his chances of survival were slim even to retreat. Probably went straight through the bridge and is contemplating on someway to return to Earth with the undead army. And its not like the army is gonna harm him since he has supposed control over dark energon.

4. Time Skip
    Now this is far off and is just a result of feeling out the characters in the series. Hasbro has said that they want this series to be lasting and I think if they handle it correctly, a time skip could be done well. I'm sure the humans will be more integrated into the cast and have roles that are not always sidekick like hacking or recon. I'm sure they'll eventually help take on larger responsibilities and perhaps some combat. This is because we can really see the maturation of Jack into a leader. He was unwilling at first but we saw him come back. But I think he's going to have trouble making tough decisions, I'm guessing one of these decisions may lead to a casualty, maybe Autobot, maybe human. I'm sorta looking the way of Raf at the moment since he's so innocent or Arcee if it were Autobot. But post time skip we'd see him as a hardened leader willing to make the tough decisions to put down the 'Cons once and for all.

Anyhoo that's it from me for now. Love to hear what you guys think and your own speculations. =)

2. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I like the idea of a time skip, but eventually - like two or three seasons away. Right at the point where things start getting a little stale: kill someone, shake up the cast and then skip forward a decade. Might breathe fresh life into the show at the time when most shows start getting samey.

3. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Most definitely, thinking it'll happen down the line though. With the dark tone of the series I could see them still push that envelope a bit more. A human death rather than a robot one would mean they have the intention of delving into a whole new world of storytelling for Transformers fiction.