Minor/Repaint: TF Prime Slipstream

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ChocoMochi, Mar 5, 2012.

1. ChocoMochi

ChocoMochi Member

This is my first post here at all, been browsing the boards for awhile though.

Anyway I started working on this a few days ago and I think its done sans a few touch-ups and I wanted to get some feedback on it. This the first time I've done any sort of dremel work, and I didn't to a whole lot of it, just rounded some edges and shaped the fins on the waist area.

Any sort of feedback or advice would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It really needs a new head, imo. Stock it looks more like skywarp.

The paint work looks great though!

3. ChocoMochi

ChocoMochi Member

Thanks, I tried my best to make the head at least a little different. I took a huge chunk off the bottom of the chin. Though was tempted to see if an Arcee head would fit but I think it would have been a little too big and would no longer be able to transform which is important to me when I do a transformer custom.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  5. ChocoMochi

ChocoMochi Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I can see the chest still being a bit to masculine, I shaped and slim'd it as much as I could without worrying about if I was going to end up punching through the plastic, when I started I thought the plastic on his chest was a lot thicker then it actually is. As for the other head, I've seen it before and I can't say I really like it.. just something about it doesn't sit right with me and if I do ever change the head I'd like to keep it in the prime aesthetic.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    hm... if you want to keep prime Aesthetic, why not use Arcee's head and mod from there? I mean that's the only girl prime mold we have, right?

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm doing something similar myself, Prime Starscream is the most feminine, but you need to make more structural changes to add to the female aspect.

[​IMG]

Work in progress, I'm not done painting or resculpting yet. But it will be fully transformable.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'd do something to those shoulders to slim them down, and try and take away the hunch. Anything to cut down the wine glass shape. It really just looks like a purple Starscream, but I think a few more mods and we might be getting somewhere.

9. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    All well and good, but you really shouldn't be advertising your own work in someone else's project thread.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I was trying to offer tips since we were using the same figure, most comments were saying it didn't look Female. I was trying to show a way he could make the figure look so. It was easier than trying to type out a detailed explanation. If I wanted to show it off I'd make a thread. As I said I'm not done yet. In the future if I do make another post along those line I say that's why I'm doing it, I wasn't trying to hijack the thread.

11. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

I'd say add a little topaz or dark turqoise here and there, other than that i LOVE it =D

12. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think she looks pretty good for all things considering...

1. Starscream already looks quite feminine.
    2. Slipstream IS a modified clone of Starscream.
    3. Not all females have huge breasts or a perfect figure... Especially warriors, they tend to burn off the fat through training and combat. Matter of fact having large breasts hinder the ability to fight, just look at Greek mythology, the amazonian actually cut off one breast so that they could properly use a bow and arrow.

Needless to say, I think this custom looks pretty damn good. :thumb 

13. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

This looks good but I agree that the head just makes it look like Skywarp.

14. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

To add to this, I have the shapeways badbabebot head. It's too big for the figure by just enough and won't fit in the chest cavity. It also looks just a bit too big (to me) overall.

Looks good otherwise. I actually like the choice of colors. I'm trying to do the same thing myself, but I'm stuck on what head to use. Maybe if we all put our heads together (yes, yes, I went there) we might come up with a nice solution. Depending what look we wanted to go for.

15. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The colors I don't have issue with, I've used similar on my classics style slippy. the WFC version of her leaves it open to interpretation on what color she was actually painted (I saw black and purple when playing her, others saw her teal).
    So that's never an issue for me.. Just the head looking like a guy still.. How would the mold look with a modified arcee head?
    Maybe trim off the things on the side of her face?

16. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    I think this works quite well. In my opinion, the only thing I would have done differently is to have used a flat/matte paint instead of metallic/gloss ones.