Minor/Repaint: TF Prime Shattered Glass Drift

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Taiki, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

Hmmm... custom Mirage eh? DOTM? XD should be cool.
    no, actually... the red and green sections appear raised cuz they're actually sorta thick paint?... if you're patient enough with some rubbing alcohol or thinner, they'll come off...
    I decided to prime over the paint largely cuz of the fragility of the plastic. I've already had two Wheeljacks shatter on me while using markers or solvent-heavy paints - twice at the neck/chest assembly, once at the shoulder, and once at the leg.
    If you want to use the shell for Mirage, I'd say primer?... if you wanna strip the paint, just be patient and rub the stuff off... don't soak it. I have a feeling it'll melt, or become brittle and shatter.
    Alternatively, Cheetimus has been having very very good results with dish soap and acrylics, so you can give em a try. XD
    Hope this has been helpful...

2. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Yeah, thanks. I've been searching for months now for a TF shell that would make a decent Mirage, and TFP Wheeljack resembles a Ferrari. I just have to figure how to shorten his arms. They are way too long.

There's a guy in the customs who actually has a Ferrari KO shell that looks just like a 458 Italia, but he wont respond with where he got it from.

3. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

hmmm... mebbe wait for a bit and see if he gets back to ya?...
    for shortening the arms though... you probably need to custom engineer the arms and shell them, I'm guessing. mebbe making a ball joint at the shoulder, and customing forearms separate from his door panels?...

4. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

That's what I was thinking. My first impression was to re-shell another figure like Sideways since I'm using his head, but It wouldn't work.

If his door panels were in the back, it would be great. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to move them back there and still retain his transformation ability.

I might be able to use forearms from another figure. This mod is gonna take a while.

5. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

hmmmm... might be possible if you're willing to scratch build a series of posts and joints that would mount on the back of his pelvis. the doors would gullwing downwards then rotate to sit on the back... and that would be moderately hard. lolz
    /facepalm
    good luck with it man. XD hope to see it up here sometime. XD

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    That is frigging slick. Love it.

7. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

looks good

8. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

Thanx guys. XD

9. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I like this. And when the inevitable SG Prime figures go into Botcons. You'll be all set :) 

10. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

Heh. Thanx. :)  Already waiting on em...