TF Prime Season 2 on Itunes...Nope, not yet.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by PRIME TIME 89, Feb 27, 2012.

1. PRIME TIME 89

PRIME TIME 89 Dancing Bumblebee

It's been 2 weeks since season 2 of TF Prime started, and Itunes hasn't put either Orion Pax part 1 or 2 in the store. What gives!?:mad: banghead:

2. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they're waiting for the third part so they can lump them together.

jD001

3. walnuts

walnuts Well-Known Member

This is my biggest gripe about media in this day and age, especially as an Australian. Season 1 isn't even available on the iTunes store here, let alone season 2. All I want is to watch HD Prime. I will pay you money for it. But alas, you do not give me that opportunity, so I resort to pirating it.

Heck, just to get an idea of what they're missing out on, let's say each episode is $2.50 in HD, right? 2.50 x 26 = ~$53 of mine that they have lost because they stick to rigid, barbaric and downright archaic distribution models.

4. Vector Squidma

Vector Squidma Smalltime Casual

News Credits:
    Well according to wikipedia at least the soundtrack is going to be up on March 6th (yeah I know wikipedia isn't a reliable source, but it's the only source I know of), so I would be flabbergasted if season 2 wasn't up at aroundabouts the same time. It will be up sooner or later, I'm sure.

5. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here in Canada. About the only thing Transformers-related I can find on iTunes are the live-action movies.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I've been wondering about this myself. I imagine once the three-parter is done it will be made available. Season 1 didn't appear until after Darkness Rising was complete.

7. jbellanca

jbellanca Well-Known Member

I've actually emailed them after each episode so far to ask why they're not available, and here's what I've gotten back so far:

First:
    "Generally, the television networks provide Apple with the latest episode of each show within 24 hours of the original air time. Occasionally, there can be a delay. You can rest assured that Apple is working to make this episode available on the iTunes Store as soon as possible."

Second:
    "Apple is working to make this episode available on the iTunes Store as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. Apple appreciates your business and loyalty."

So, sounds like they'll eventually get posted... I hope... It's the only way I can watch in HD - DirecTV only carries The Hub in SD.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I hope you're right. I DL this show on iTunes religiously.

9. Rosakai

Rosakai Artist in Disguise

I think they're waiting until there's more than a measly three episodes before they make it available.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    FWIW..I just checked Amazon.com and they don't seem to have them either. :( 

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. I was getting used to downloading these the day after air in nice 720p. I only get the hub in sd so this was my only way to see them this way. Hopefully it comes soon.

12. jbellanca

Got a response again, after the 3rd episode:

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if they actually know which show you're talking about, or if it's an automatic response to all shows.

14. jbellanca

It's not automated, it seems to come from a person... it's signed "Amit" and his language in the opening & closing (that I didn't copy in) seem like English isn't his first language. It _think_ they know what i'm talking about... I emailed them back before the first season was put up, last year or whenever that was, and got a decidedly different response, about how they can't comment on when/if shows will be on iTunes, etc. I feel like this response acknowledges that it will be up, just a question of when. I think, anyway. Maybe Apple's just waiting on new seasons to go up until the iPad announcement tomorrow and they'll be in 1080p. (I can dream, right? ;-)

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for spearheading this battle, man. iTunes is the only way I can watch this show in HD, and it had become somewhat of a pattern that I would buy the HD episodes the following day. I know I'm considered stupid for buying them individually, but 9 bucks a month isn't as bad as 60 bucks all at once, and sometimes, when there were no new episodes, I wouldn't spend anything. It was worth having them available on my phone and iPad.

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Prowl, you're not alone. I buy episodes religiously as they're released. Gotta have my HD Prime fix.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:

Dude, I'm sorry, but when I read that response, all I could think of was Optimus telling Ratchet..."You're opinion is noted" :lol 

I was reading an article today about how more shows than ever are starting to hold back on allowing downloading until the season is over or worse, until it's off the air...not saying the HUB is doing that, but apparently CBS, HBO and Showtime are getting worse about that.

18. jbellanca

No, you're definitely not alone. We have DirecTV and only get The Hub in SD (and bad SD at that), so last season I subscribed via iTunes and watched them every Sunday morning instead in HD. If they're not up tomorrow morning with tonights episode, I'll email again. Now that the new iPad's out and iTunes is officially 1080p (which btw, I redownloded Season 1 in 1080p - theres an iTunes preference to set whether you want 720p or 1080p - not a huge significant difference, but it's sharper), maybe we'll see them soon. I hope anyway!

lol. So, I was reading that there's some contractual agreements with HBO that's caused some iCloud issues with Apple and other networks (like Fox) regarding when they can release certain shows. Don't know the details, but I've read that it all should be ironed out this year. Personally, this is speculation, but I'd expect some changes when/if Apple releases an actual TV and starts to offer more subscription a la cart TV offerings.

19. jbellanca

Ok, time for everyone to start emailing iTunes... you can do it from the link below.

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Done