TF Prime RiD Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DrTraveler, Mar 26, 2012.

1. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone else taken the plunge on this pile of junk?

I'm curious if anyone else is having problems with the auto morph? Once he is in Bot mode, his head refuses to lay flat and looks terrible. I can "fix" this by forcing the gear to skip a notch in the track, but then the alt mode looks terrible as the hood now fails to lay flat.

At this point I'm considering flat stripping the gear mechanism in the auto morph after taking apart the fig. However that would mean the hood/head assembly would be held in place by friction only, which seems like a recipe for disaster.

Anyone else have issues with the head/hood assembly?

2. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I just manually move the part that his head is on. I don't have to make it move a notch or anything. Looks fine to me minus the flap hanging over his head.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The auto-morph on mine actually isn't bad at all. I just need to fiddle with the head panel. Flipping it down manually usually works; I need to fiddle with it more to get it right in alt mode.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The head flap can move independently of the gear. For fine tuning, I just stick a fingernail against the gear to hold it still, move the head flap into position, and there we go.

I don't like the toy as much as the FE, but I don't find it terrible, either. It's certainly not as finicky

5. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was trying to get the head flap to move independently myself. I'll have to try it again.

This was the third PRIDE figure I bought. Wheeljack and Cliffjumper were awesome and Bee was the only one left at the store I didn't have yet. Glad I didn't start with him.

I'll try manually moving the flap and see how that goes.

6. oswaldCobblepot

oswaldCobblepot Well-Known Member

What I did with mine (before I ordered the FE and returned it) was used one of the clear rubber bands they use to keep the bots together in the package. Wrap it around the neck piece, and loop it around the roof kibble on his back to make it tight. it kept his neck pressed down and helped a little, but once I got the FE, there was no competition.

7. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Manually moving the flap wasn't easy at first but did fix it.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Can't say I have that problem as I honestly don't transform my figures to and back ever.

I transform a new figure once or twice, then pose it, put it on the shelf to display, and leave it... until I don't want it in the display or want it moved elsewhere, needing a new pose.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I pity your toys...

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked him up last night at Target (with the $4) because I felt bad for him (3 full hooks of BB and this one was on a peg all by himself).

After doing the head mod, he's not bad.

Under the panel the head rests on, there's the teeth that the gear moves on. Cut off the back two teeth and his head will rest nicely.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    to me its a inferior mold for collectors. The head is obvious, but the arms are meh, too. At the shoulders, its terrible. I will say the bottom half is fine, and his weapons are better than FE's, but that's where it stops.