Heavy/Scratch: TF Prime Powerizer Megs Fusion Cannon.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by tb-1599, Mar 7, 2012.

1. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

TF Prime Powerizer Megs Fusion Cannon. W.I.P.

First things first I need to do is give credit for this idea to ichnach, I saw his thread which can be found here.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/560134-tfp-megatron-arm-cannon-wip.html

I loved it so much I decided to try it my self so I went to my local Target and grabed a book light for my self..

First thing I did was shorten the stem of the light, well I am sorry to say I cut it to short. So damn what was I going to do?? Well they say necessity is the mother of invention, I had a brain stom (the first of a couple). So I decided to use the peg off of the original cannon. I cut it off along with part of the base. The I removed the rest of the stem and cleaned it up.

[​IMG]

Then using a lighter I heated up the peg and the pannel and molded it to the book light.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (testing fitting)
    [​IMG]

For the front of the Cannon I decided to trim out the Clear plastic part so it matches the contour of the light it's self. (I know its not exactly show accurate but I think it looks cool).
    [​IMG]

After double checking the fit I superglued the post to the light. After the glued dried I trimmed and sanded down the post pannel so it would blend in with the light.
    [​IMG]

Now ichnach used clear colored paint to put some color on his lens. I decided to merge another hobby I have (lightsaber building ) with this one. So I grabbed a couple of colored lenses I have and trimmed them down. (one Purple and one blue) (that was my second brainstorm)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its kinda hard to tell by these pics
    Purple lens with cannon front
    [​IMG]
    Blue lens with cannon front.
    [​IMG]
    Here is what I have so far attached to megs. So this is where I am stuck I am having trouble figuring out how I want to do the side decorations. I have never used Styrene before (I dont even have any, (if anybody wants to send me some I can pay ya for it). I do want to incorporate the back purple button from the orginal cannon in with it. (I just have to figure out how to do that...
    Comments and Constructive Crit is always welcome...

Attached Files:

2. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    looks good, I like how you cut out around the tip.

3. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

Looking good. I like the toothed contour.

4. tb-1599

thanks guys.. Other than some light painting this is the first custom anything I have built.. Any ideas where I can get styrene? I just need a small square of it..

5. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. tb-1599

7. tb-1599

8. tb-1599

this update is more of a survey question. I added the purple button from the orginal cannon just to see what it looks like I am kinda up in the air. Would like to hear opinions.

[​IMG]

9. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    maybe a small part of that big purple head can be used to finish off the end, but that much makes it uh... Too phallic.

10. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

I'd keep it as-is, because the tapering rounded end on the light itself is both more appearance-accurate and scale-accurate to the show model; it shouldn't stick out much further than the back of Megatron's elbow. Great work, btw.

11. tb-1599

Didn't even think about that lol.

12. tb-1599

Good point what I may try is trimming it down to the "triangle" part that you can see in the pictures and see how that looks. Cause I know with the deluxe version it does look a little pointed comming off of the back..

13. tb-1599

finished Cannon on last page.

I totally forgot to post finished pics here. I decided to go with a different back and I found a book light at the dollar store so I sacrificed it to the mod gods. I added some paint and voila this was my finished product. I also used my extra fusion cannon and made the sword..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

Wow, that looks fantastic. Great job!

15. tb-1599

Thanks this will tide me over untill I get one of the custom jobs I have seen floating around here.