Minor/Repaint: TF Prime Powerizer Megatron fusion cannon mod.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by tb-1599, Feb 7, 2012.

1. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

So I grabed TF Prime Powerizer Megatron I really like the figure but I HATE his fusion cannon so I decided to mod it. All I am am doing is adding some Sculpy to it and sculpt it to a shape I like. This is the first time I have EVER done anything like this so I am in new teritory. I plan on paiting with silver and purple but I know I have to get the Sculpy to dry and I know I cant bake it in the oven so I think my my only option is to let it sit in the sun. All comments,suggestions and constructive crit is alway welcome here is a picture so you can see what I have done so far.

Attached Files:

2. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

What are you using to sculpt it out of. Aves has several products that have fairly fast drying times. looks pretty good though.

3. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

I am using Sculpy

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    You'll have a hard time drying sculpy in the sun, I know from experience. An alternative to baking is boiling the piece. It gets the same results without melting the plastic, just don't let the plastic touch the sides of the pan :lol 

5. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    looks nice! i might do something similar either with apoxie sculpt or just styrene.

only think i could change are the sides, i would have cut those two pieces of the gun thats stick out so its more straight and smooth.

but still a great idea!

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot