TF: Prime "Orion Pax Part 2" Clip

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sockie, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Again, given he is about to travel across space, I wouldn't say he's just throwing around a military salute for the fun of it.

It's not like a military salutes is somekind of secret handshake, either. Most people know how to give a salute. I also believe it's even expectable for civilians to give salutes to those who are military personnel. In this case that would be Agent Fowler.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm damn excited for this episode.

3. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gots a question: How in the high holy hell did they convince June to let Jack go?

Awesome clip, looking forward to tomorrow. I got my shift changed so I can read all about it as it airs. :D 

jD001

4. Laserbot

Laserbot Ask-Dr-KnockOut

News Credits:
    I am defiantely looking forward to this eps.!

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    June's lust for Optimus is more powerful than her motherly instinct to keep Jack safe.

Obviously.

6. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  totally walked right into that one. :lol 

jD001

7. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Some pretty cool build-up there.

And here's what I have to say about the complaints toward Jack's salute: He may be growing into a rather mature and responsible young man, but he is sixteen (or perhaps now seventeen) years old, after all. That's something of a reasonable excuse if the salute is seen as dumb or over-the-top; some awkwardness is still acceptable, in my opinion.

8. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Even if the kid is very serious and mature and he's saluting an actual government authority? Also you make it sound like this is a secret. Everybody freaking knows how to give a salute.

Really this is big stuff. Jack is like the first ambassador to another planet. I think the formality is necessary.

9. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Some of the things you post are just over the top. First off it's a KIDS CARTOON...it IS NOT insulting to actual living people in uniform. Secondly you had better check the definition of "soldier":

Jack falls into both 1c and 2a and by that definition he deserves to salute. Being a soldier has more to do with what actions you take and not what oaths you take. It also is ALOT broader than the military in the good old US of A....to assume otherwise is arrogant.

Here is the definition of "militant":

He is learning from the Autobots and is becoming a skilled warrior and is a leader who is aggressively active in a cause. That is the true definition of a soldier....and soldiers salute.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Please don't "again" me, because it's going to make me want to repeat my reply, too, and I don't want to draw out this debate over a tiny issue and overshadow the rest of the trailer, which was pretty strong.

But I disagree with you. I'm not disagreeing with the seriousness of the situation. I'm disagreeing with the appropriateness. But IaconStargazer makes a point that Jack still being a kid and maybe a bit awkward or ignorant kind of excuses it.

Yeah, I guess it works a little better if you take it as Jack saluting only Fowler. When I first watched it, I took it as him saluting everyone (since he didn't make any individual good-byes), which made me groan.

I'm sorry, did I not acknowledge that?

And as far as falling into both definitions 1c and 2a, lol what show are you watching?

11. trizeo

trizeo Well-Known Member

I love how the music was setting the mood.... I can't wait to watch this episode!

12. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

LAUGH MY ASS OFFF

tell me about it man that boys mother throws a even worse SHIT STORM fit over any matter concenring her grown/growing son jack then chi chi ever did over any matter concenring gohan when he wasa little child in dbz

and here i was thinking chichi was as hard core as the mother character gets in a animated series

as well meaning brutally overly protective smothering mother bear types of mothers go june puts chichi to shame in that regard

13. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Jack looks like a Kreo man.

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

question

with the U.S. governemnt obviously knowing about the autobots existance on earth and their war with the decepticons what with agent fowler being there in the middle of it all i got a question

how might it go over with the fanbase if over time in the transformers prime universe theseries was to explore asa side story line a truly unprecedented idea over time

one that would successfully explore the origin and the earliest beginnings of a truly multi national world army

one that would be created and funded by the governments of north america/canada

great brittain/the united kingdom U.K.

central america/The United states

South america and each of their allies havign rallied together interantionally to create and fund and manage over time

but with it being expanded to include all governments and their nations through out the world

a turly ultra elite beyond top secret world wide army made up of the most intelligent, smartest, brightest, most talented, craziest and daring S.O.Bs that the entire world and the human race had to offer

these people coming from all sides of their societies governemnts and coutnries and communities variouse armed forces and from all walks of life and levels of society to be rigourously trained ina all manners and various types of combat all around and being especially trained to work together throughly asa well built cohesive combat and also anti terrosit unit. know only as Globally Inegrated Joint Operating Entity

for all intents and purposes it would literally be in every way possible the transformers prime universe G.I.Joe

with it beng revealed over time as transformers prime would proceed season by season that in the long term this version of G.I.Joe would actuallly go on to eveovle over time to become the Earth Defense Command of the transformers prime universe

but with the larger part of that gijoe side story between the present day and that far off future being explored in its own series on the hub over time

basicly while this version of gijoe would have originated in its origins from transformers priem it woud be spun off as its own series over time in the long term but with events in each series being reffernaced in a sort of connected manner as each series would play out onits own parallelelto theother over time

say a character from gijoe crossing over to the other series to over time go beyond being a mere government agent to the autobots to beign a ful time autobot ally on transformers prime

or a decepticon or autobot character starting off in stasis foudn by the joes and eventually bidding their time to make their way to their respective side asa member of the autobot decepticon forces in transformers prime

or even cybertron tech findingits way into silas hands and being sold to the cobra force over time crossover storyline wise betwen the two seris

15. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jack is the choosen one,cool

16. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Ew, more humans? No thanks.

17. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Well then I won't waste time reading the rest of your post, and just assume to agree to disagree.

*Salute*

18. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

A cameo by one very old cybertonian would be cool, perhaps A3? Still, I guess this whole Orion Pax thing might be a pretext for Optimus Prime to get a bunch of character development as he fills the role of Prime all over again. It could also be a good excuse for some exposition on what Optimus and Megatron's respective teams are doing on Earth, for instance.

19. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Man Miko annoys me still.

20. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Hey, they can still talk in vehicle ode and they dont even have mouths!! they dont use air, its electronically synthesized, like them microsoft voices
    plus, where does it say no atmosphere? maybe they have an atmosphere than isnt breathable by humans; i.e. fish can breath underwater and water is liquid. its not that theres no atmosphere, its just humans can only tolerate certain atmospheric conditions