TF: Prime original characters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Kaymac, May 9, 2011.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

While certain characters use names previously used, some seem pretty interesting and new in their personalities, like Arcee, Knockout, and Breakdown.

If one of your favorite characters was introduced, what kind of twist or change would you like to see done with them? For example, if they introduced Lugnut, it'd be cool to see him as less of a mindless Megatron follower and more as his propaganda minister, keeping the Decepticons in line and being the glue that holds the empire together while Megatron is gone.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Waspinator that would lead the Insecticons and would be a powerful foe, unlike his BW version that was a walking junk pile.

A Grimlock that isnt a powerful idiot, but much like BW Dinobot as a brilliant military strategist.

A new Vehicon Jetstorm that would be general of the air forces and be more like BM Thrust as a loner.

A new Nemesis Prime that would start off as evil and then starts to become good and switches sides to help defeat Megatron and his forces.

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    What about a new Jazz that was younger, quick to act and liked to party.

4. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

it would be cool to have some insecticons lead by Waspinator :p  a different one, more agressive and powerful, but still blown to pieces (only when he dies... xD)

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hard to say, as my favourite characters I like because of their distinct personalities, so it's hard for me to imagine them different. However...

I'd want Sky-byte, but as a powerful, competant fast talking gallant pirate of the stars, happily singing and reciting poetry even in the midst of feirce and horrible battle. He'd take over as Megatron's second but turn out to be just as big a backstabber, but instead of just waiting for a lucky break, he actively works behind the scenes to screw Megatron over.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Get on it writers. NOW.
    Seriously, I was just thinking of Sky-Byte as a pirate that recites poems in the heat of battle. Not even kidding.

7. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

So kinda like an evil Cyrano de Bergerac? 'Cause that would be pretty cool.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    That Sky-Byte idea sounds cool to me. :thumb 

And I would like to see Lugnut not as a propaganda minister, but a member of a cult build around Megatronus Prime, one of the Original 13, maybe even the leader. He could consider Megatron to be the reincarnation of that 'demi-god', or his chosen one. Then when the real Megatronus (aka The Fallen) turns up, things could get very interesting.

Since Wheeljack is now the brooding swordsman, I'd like to see them go all the way with it and make a new character based on Armada Wheeljack...Who would be a scientist/inventor with a love of explosives. Still a white robot with black and yellow kibble, but since Wheeljack was made to be bulkier, this guy could be lankier, to give him more of a nerdy build. And hell, name him Downshift, as a reference to the Energon/Cybertron character. You could also have a bit of potential drama by keeping his faction switch, only instead of going from Autobot to Decepticon, he has done the reverse.

I would like there to be a Scourge that's a mix of G1 and RiD. A tanker trucker with a robot mode that is based on those two versions, with the G1 version's elements manifesting in the wicked claws, collar and wings that could be formed by parts of the trailer. Maybe a beard too for when his mask is down. If done right he could look badass, and if he has a personality too match...Don't know what his origin could be, though.

He could also have his Sweeps, or rather a team based on them (the Trackers?). Perhaps elite Vehicons who turn into SUVs rather then muscle cars, so that they'd be a double homage to the Dreads from DOTM.

9. thespaniard

thespaniard Well-Known Member

im tired of characters used over and over. Knock out is brand new and that makes him interesting. another jazz, another prowl, another ironhide no. use some imagination instead of recycling characters

10. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to agree. I'd love to see some completely new characters.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to see an...original character.

Why must they all share a name/likeness to Transformers from years past? Sure, it's nice to see familar faces, but I like new and original ones too:D 

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I like a balance between old and new.

There's a place for returning characters, homage characters, brand-new original characters, reinterpretations, and even the odd obscure reference.

I'm not so keen on a show centered around mostly all-new characters, because there've already been hundreds (maybe thousands?) of nobodies; here today, gone tomorrow transformers over the years. Why add to that needlessly.

But I'm all for new characters that really bring something unique and interesting to the table. Lugnut, Bulkhead, Lockdown, Barricade have been some great additions in recent years.