Heavy/Scratch: TF: Prime Knockout's Bodywork Tools (Shapeways)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fakebusker83, Jun 10, 2012.

1. dremel

dremel ___________

Id lean towards A myself.

I think option B should be out. Thats what I hated about Cliffjumper. Having that port on one side of the car mode.

Option C would be great too, I know it is repeated, but i think it'd make everyone happy.

Does this mean they're close to be available for purchase? =D

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Oh definitely do two sets if you were considering it. I know you dislike cluttering your store so I assumed you wouldn't want to release it twice.

3. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My ordering finger is poised at the ready to pounce on placing said order once these go up on Shapeways! Thanks again FB!! I'll keep checking the thread to see when they go up for sale.

4. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

Can I add another vote for a separate set with just the weapons? I just don't like the idea of the body panels and the shoulder spikes aren't a big deal to me.

If not, I vote for having the ports; removing one hole isn't gonna make a huge chunk stuck on the side of the car any less of a huge chunk stuck on the side of the car, but it is gonna remove some of the weapon storage and stealth mode-y functionality, which is the only reason it has to exist.

5. Ash-T

Ash-T Well-Known Member

Oh Primus - I want this set so badly... Pity that shapeways doesn't ship to Russia... :( 

6. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe you can pay a board member to order extra and ship you one? I might have to finally make my first shapeways purchase since I plan to repaint KO anyways.

7. Ash-T

Ash-T Well-Known Member

I'd really do this but I know nobody around here...

8. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the idea of storing the weapons on him in robot mode. So I say keep the ports. As far as car mode, I NEVER put the weapons on a car, it never looks right, unless the weapons cannot be seen, as in storage... so that's my vote..

I'll also ask, is there a place to see the differences in the types of plastic you can get these made from? I don't like the weird look of some of the plastic, like the way the scraplings looked in the painted versions, I like just the plain smooth plastic.

9. ThatOddGuy

ThatOddGuy That Odd Guy's title

Holy heck, YESSSSSSSSSSSS

I like the ports as is, I mean, why not? x3

10. Stygian360

News Credits:
    I'm of the same mind Erland, but having purchased different types when ordering from Shapeways in the past I can tell you that most mold types have that 'powdery' look. You can offset by getting clear (I have not tried this type, but pics seem to indicate as much) or going white, but all seem to require some level of sanding once received. Wish this wasn't the case, but alas.

11. shapercreator14

shapercreator14 Vae Victus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Why not have sunken ports? That way you still have the ports but they don't mess witth the sleek style

12. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    I just like how you designed it, I want what's in the pictures in the first post.

13. crazyjeffy

crazyjeffy Hammertastic

I like this idea very much. It satisfies people who want the parts and the people that like the streamlininess

BUT! I desperately need this because Mr. Craig Eastley is finalizing the Knock Out Reprolabel set and IT. LOOKS. AWESOME!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

!!!!!!!!

Please, FB, I'm dying here :(  Any word on the release?

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    At first I was going to say "arrgh! Stop bumping this thread til these are ready, it's such a tease!" til I saw the reprolabels set above. You're excused :p 

15. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah well LOL...Since you want an update...

I've ordered my test sample and it's due to come to me by July 9th. In such cases, once I've verified that the set works perfectly (no reason it shouldn't...version 2.0s usually are close to serviceable) I'll release it within 1 or 2 days after I take photos and update webpages and stuff.

It's still a wait, sure, but you can be assured I give the best results as I'm able.

Also in the same delivery, I'll receive my test for an unannounced design you guys will be very excited about...

Yea, the reprolabel set looks nice. I like how we can finally have a good looking, accurate side car decal. Not a fan of the face sticker though.

Edit: Also, I'm going to put an end to the port/no-port debate. When I started this Shapeways thingamajig, the purpose was to provide parts and add-ons affordably and conveniently to fans, and providing you guys the freedom of choice was one of the top considerations. To do otherwise would be horribly selfish of me.

Hence in conclusion, I will be releasing both versions of the Knockout set, both the ported and non-ported versions, and you guys just pick the option you want. Of course, there will be a slight price difference because of the additional material in the ports, but that shouldn't be a big issue.

16. crazyjeffy

crazyjeffy Hammertastic

ONE WEEK!!! WOOOOOOOOOH!!!!! At least, anyway. lol. Thanks for the update :D  I'm also very intriqued on this mystery piece. Is it perhaps a weapon? Or a head? or some other body part? Could it be an Iacon Relic? That'd be pretty cool.

And the RL set comes with 3 different faces. One is a smirk (that's the one in the picture [not my favorite]), a "shocked" face with an open mouth (that's what it looks like to me, anyway) and a regular expressionless mouth (my favorite). So there's those.

And I like the call you made on the ports :)  Thanks for pleasing everyone haha

17. Stygian360

News Credits:
    You're a true champ FB, and thank you! Can't wait... only a week to go.

18. bumbleblogn

bumbleblogn Banned

Must buy right now !!! Need like!!! How much is it ????

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Awesome Ariel, thanks!

20. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Nice! Good decision on the ports. With this and the Reprolabels, Knock Out will look 1000% better.