Minor/Repaint: TF Prime Googly Eyes Edition

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Thighmaster, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Thighmaster

Thighmaster Active Member

So I've been staring at my recent TFP hauls and there's something... hollow... about them. Their eyes lack any soul or spark in the name of light-piping (which naturally doesn't work all that well on some figures). So I figured I'd spruce them up a bit by trying to give them some show accurate peepers. Note while I've had experience painting WarHammer miniatures I'm actually not a great painter thanks to unsteady hands and extremely poor "how can they let me drive" vision, so be gentle.

It started off with Megatron because his face is god-awful. The first thing I did was tone down the brightness on his face a bit and then I decided to try and paint the eyes. The first run of it (not shown) was just red with a white dot in the center. While it looked creepy it wasn't very show accurate so I tried to give it a pupil like he does on the show. This proved to be pretty difficult and the end result is a bit messy but I can't be buggered to fix it anymore.
    [​IMG]

After being satisfied with Megatron my eyes turned to the other bland figures on my shelf, and a bit of a flurry happened. Here's Optimus who was much easier and produced a much more pleasing result.
    [​IMG]

Here's Dead End looking delightfully spooky
    [​IMG]

Ratchet was a pain in the tuchus. See he has these white "pupils" in the show and it was really tricky to try and figure out how to paint them on. If you can't actually see the white pupil I don't blame you. I might try another whack at this one later.
    [​IMG]

Here I tried to paint up Arcee but realized that she too had the white pupils like Ratchet (despite watching the show I'm apparently not too observant) so I have to repaint her eyes over again. But for now enjoy this picture of her with a look that says "Amber Alert" (and this is the toned down version after shaping the eye a bit, the version prior had even more of a statutory look)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    Other than Arcee, they all look great. TBH, Ratchet as is is my favorite.

3. crazyjeffy

crazyjeffy Hammertastic

4. Thighmaster

Thighmaster Active Member

Yeah that method is more or less what I did, with the exception that he painted the areas OUTSIDE the iris while I tried to paint the iris itself. That reminds me though I should locate my Knockout...