TF Prime full release in March 2012, all DOTM to be released by end 2011

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    TF1 wasn't released till 07; and I think the Cybertron series was still going strong back in 05...

The way they've half-heartedly done the DOTM line, i'd say there's no problem by having it conclude in December & just trundle on until March. As long as it doesn't get in the way of Prime availability, of course! :p 

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a leader Megatron. It's all I want from DOTM at this point, we get that, I'll be happy.

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hate having to wait this long for Prime stuff :( 

4. Transformers991

Transformers991 Some guy

Hopefully there will be a DOTM subline like HFTD was for ROTF. But at least this means I could probably get some of the DOTM figures, like Soundwave and Wheeljack, earlier than I thought.

5. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haven't they done enough?? :lol 

6. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To whoever it was who mentioned Warpath, he's in the case assortment wiht Black Shadow and Junk Heap due out late this year.

I'm willing to wait on Prime toys. I'll likely pick up the "Entertainment pack" for the Megatron and the kids. I do want Deluxe Starscream, Arcee and Bumblee though. Then we get to the other stuff revealed, which i want. I can already feel my wallet crying next year.

skimping on the movie stuff has helped me so far, so i look forward to Prime and the continuation of Generations. That being said, i do want a Deluxe Mirage. I dont like the look of DOTM Wheeljack. HA soundwave is a bit "meh" for me

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    The DOTM line ending this early is unexpected, but I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced a subline like HFTD.

8. Riptor

Riptor Active Member

C'mon, this DOTM line is the weakest of the three movies! We need more movie characters in plastic form!

Bring on a new subline with Dino, leader Shockwave, leader Megatron, deluxe dreads, cyberverse Brains, Wheelie...

I think TP line is great so far, but I prefer movie aesthetics.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's really interesting that the DOTM toyline will be ending in December. On the surface it looks like Hasbro really wants to push the TF Prime toyline. I don't think it's a bad thing at all, but very interesting to not see Hasbro milk the movie toys. Maybe we're transitioning into another new era of Transformers. Who knows.

10. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Glad to hear that prime as a full line starts in march. As awesome as the voyager prime is I was hopping for a leader class version of him, as well as Megatron.

Sorry to hear dotm line ends for the movie collectors, it sucks guys I know:( .

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    We're going to have to wait that long for Prime toys?? Something tells me Hasbro screwed up a bit on the timing of the TV show. Product is going to be on the shelf more than a year after the series started.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I'm sure there's still some things Hasbro has planned they didn't tell us. I mean, there were pictures of an Orange deluxe Roadbuster that we didn't see at SDCC, and there's that crappy looking Shockwave repaint as well. It is nice to hear Hasbro doesn't appear to be pushing the movie as hard anymore with sublines, it's almost as if they've realized most of the population probably already owns some version of Movie Bumblebee by now. Almost.

Really? I'm pretty sure Animated and Universe 2.0 fell right inbetween Allspark Power (end of movie 1) and the start of ROTF's toyline.

I have to agree with you there, the only thing stopping me from picking up the deluxe Wreckers now that we have a confirmed deluxe Leadfoot coming up is the hope of an HA Topspin.

True, this is starting to look like Animated all over again, but unlike Animated I can understand why Hasbro had to release the show so early. With the Hub getting started, they needed some big programs of their own in order to get it going and Prime was one of the three toylines with a cartoon slated for the Hub (along with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and G.I. Joe Renegades). Additionally, Prime also has a fair bit of the movie look going for it so it's not as much a design change shocker that Animated was, and Prime also isn't subject to being put into really bad timeslots in regards to the intended audience compared to Animated, which Cartoon Network did put into bad timeslots again and again.

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I'm now having doubts that they will ever release weaponized Roadbuster .

14. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    We need merge!

WE NEED MERGE!.Thats cool NEWS!!!

I HOPE WE GET MERGE CAUSE HE WAS A SWEAT CHARACTER IN TF: DOTM

15. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, keep in mind that Animated was supposed to launch both the toy line and show at the same time. It just got held up because the retailers said "we don't want this, give us more of the movies toys - maybe with some half-assed bright blue paint aps." And the original plan for Prime was also to have some preview figures out now in Generations - plans that probably changed when it turned out that no store was going to bother stocking new Generations stuff until every last Skullgrin and Thunderwing got sold (which at this rate will be sometime around 2037).

16. RedPrime

RedPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fixed it for you, and I believe your caps lock is broken.

17. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Bye bye DOTM :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry , damn you tf prime!

but i thought there were going to be toys in 2012 for DOTM

18. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Well I'm glad the movie line isn't going to be ruining things for too long. Shame about Prime not coming till March, but that's not too much later than the first editions. The november/december Prime includes the first edition voyagers, right?

19. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Totally agree, MERGE was badass :D 

20. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Movieline end totally or just the dotm line?