TF Prime figures question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by metalalchemist, May 18, 2012.

1. metalalchemist

metalalchemist Well-Known Member

Hi there,

A bit late, but I am getting into collecting TF prime figures. I´ve been looking a bit on what I want, but have some questions that you experts might know.
    So far I am liking the first edition figures, but I know I read somewhere, that these figures would not be released in the U.S.A. How true is this?
    I know hasbro is currently selling a F.E. bumblebee so I don´t know if that contradicts my previous statement, any information will be really appreciated.
    Is anyone in this forum selling these figures for a relatively fair price or I´m just dreaming to get them for less than $70?
    Thanks for the help.

2. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Fisrt Edition Arcee, Starscream and Bee got a US release. The rest, not so much. :( 

3. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Keep an eye on the thread in news and rumors about Hasbro Asia re-releasing some FE toys.

If you're willing to import from Asia, even with shipping, you might beat $70 by a bit.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wave 1 was released to Toys R Us in the US. That wave consisted of Arcee, Starscream, and Bumblebee.

Canada and other countries got wave 1.5 and wave 1 of the voyagers. Wave 1.5 consisted of wave 1 plus Cliffjumper. The voyagers were Optimus and Bulkhead. Japan got wave 2 (I think it was wave 2) and had access to the FE Vehicon.

It is currently unknown if any of these figures will be released to retail in any way in the US. I would assume not but that is merely my opinion.

As for price, Bulkhead himself is selling for $70 or more on ebay. I paid $65 for my Takara version (basically a darker green) just as soon as pictures of the PRID version went online. That was retail for the Japanese version.

Optimus, Bulkhead, and FE Cliffjumper are the most expensive figures because they saw such limited release. All three are $50 or more each last time I looked. Bee is still available for retail of $12-ish. Arcee and Starscream go for about $40.

Now as for which figures I recommend, well my shelf is all FE excluding Arcee and Vehicon.

FE Bulkhead is toted as a masterpiece.
    FE Voyager Optimus is one of my favorite figures I own.
    FE Bee is extremely show accurate (or at least an order of magnitude better than PRID).
    FE Cliffjumper is fantastic and includes built in arm cannons.
    FE Starscream is one of the most pose-able and emotive figures I have seen, though honestly he falls over a lot.

As for Arcee, I compared reviews and pictures and decided that I liked PRID better. The FE Arcee is the same height as Bee (maybe slightly taller); has black forearms instead of blue; a strange expression on her face; and her chest is a little wonkey. PRID Arcee cheats for the chest but it makes her look accurate; she's not the correct blue; out of the box she has no pink on her (silver instead); and has a bigger backpack than FE. Personally the blue looks fine to me; a little paint fixed the missing pink; and her backpack is completely fine in person. Both versions seem very emotive but from first hand experience PRID Arcee is nearly a model. She can assume a huge array of natural poses and is extremely articulated. And the biggest point in PRID Arcee's favor for me is that between FE and PRID figures got smaller so PRID Arcee is a head shorter than Bee.

For Vehicon, again I went with PRID and do not own a FE. From all accounts the FE is a fantastic figure but the PRID version lacks the gigantic backpack and has a mind blowing transformation. The Vehicon, like Arcee, is a case where you can't really go wrong. Personally I prefer the PRID and since they are hitting stores now they will be easier and (supposedly) cheaper to get.

The PRID versions of the other characters, Optimus, Bulkhead, Bee, Starscream, and Cliffjumper, are all supposedly very solid and enjoyable figures. I haven't really anyone who had one in hand bash the figures other than to say "Get the FE if you can". Personally I have no interest in those figures what so ever but they aren't awful apparently; I just can't stand them myself.

I hope this has been helpful.

5. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Well i have FE Bulkhead which is an awesome figure. I went with PRID Arcee & Starscream mainy because of size. I like my stuff as in scale robot size as they are in the show. With Arcee that's obviously not possible but the FE Starsream is just too small.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  7. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

My point is SS is supposed to be taller than Arcee, so I went with the Voyager SS. Although looking at that scale i thought SW was a bit smaller than SS in the show but i guess i was wrong.

8. metalalchemist

metalalchemist Well-Known Member

But I saw somewhere that RID Starscream is taller than megatron, that wouldn't make sense.
    BTW Thanks to all for the enlightment.

9. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    The only Prime figure I have so far, is Soundwave. I highly recommend him though. The only problem I have, is the legs. Based on video reviews and recommendations from some fine folks here, I'll be getting deluxe Arcee next. Her transformation looks fun and I need me a motorcycle bot.

10. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Depending on how picky you are, or if you can stand to have an inferior toy (Prime RID, since it has less money put into their molds), then you could get a nice set of figures for not too much. Now, if you want the superior FE figures, then they will cost more, since 1. They are rare and 2. They cost more because more money went into making them. I'll break it down like so:

Prime RID (U.S. figures)

Deluxe Cliffjumper $14
    Deluxe Wheeljack $14
    Deluxe Soundwave $14
    Deluxe Bumblebee $14
    Deluxe Arcee $14
    Deluxe Ratchet $14
    Deluxe Vehicon $14
    Deluxe Hot Shot $14
    Deluxe Knockout $14
    Powerizer Optimus Prime $20
    Powerizer Megatron $20
    Powerizer Starscream $20
    Powerizer Bulkhead $20

Total- $206 (13 figures)

FE Figures (Non-U.S. figures)

Optimus Prime Voyager $80
    Bulkhead Voyager $120
    Entertainment Pack (Deluxe Optimus Prime, Megatron, and the three kids) $40
    Deluxe Vehicon $90
    Deluxe Cliffjumper $40
    Deluxe Starscream $ 35
    Deluxe Arcee $35
    Deluxe Bumblebee $10

Total- $450 (9 figures)

Now, there will be other figures in the Prime RID line...while the FE line is dead. Takara is making their figures with the same molds of the Prime RID line, but with stickers (to replace paint), more ports (for the mini-con) and of course the mini-con that is a robot/weapon. If you're into that, prepare to spend about 30 bucks per figure (some in the 60 range).

11. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    If I had known Scream had gotten a US release, I would have bought him. Now I'm contemplating killing one of you and taking yours.

12. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Nicely said and informative. :thumb