TF:prime (FE clifjumper)vs (RID cliffjumper)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transfan681, Mar 6, 2012.

?

best TF:prime cliffjumper

Poll closed May 7, 2012.
  1. TF:prime (first edition) cliffjumper

50 vote(s)
    78.1%
  2. TF:prime (RID) cliffjumper

14 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. transfan681

transfan681 Retired TF Collector

News Credits:
    RID cliffjumper my olny way to get a prime cliffjumper he looks good but the arms and size bug me
    so just wanted to know who the best cliff

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I have neither, but they seem to both have good points. FE doesn't cheat, has the cannons, awesome engineering, a more neutral face and doesn't have holes in his alt mode. PRID has an accurate chest and legs, fun transformation, really expressive face, has a weapon that while not show accurate, really suits Cliffjumper with how it looks as if he made it himself and the car mode may have holes, but it could still be the better of the alt modes.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  3. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

I have RID CJ, I have no problems with him... Fun to transform, looks good in both modes.

If it were a more central character I might care more... He was in one episode for like 5 minutes...

4. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    i have both, i have takara fe cliffjumper and rid cliffjumper who is getting turned into his zombie form. they're both great toys imo. if you can get fe cliff easily enough then go for him but if fe cliff is too pricey or unavailable to you the nrid is a perfectly good substitute.

i personally dont see why people are raggin on the rid toys. the fe toys are only marginally better than the rid toys and they have a far more intricate transformeration than the rid toys.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Yeah, but the PRID figures are so intuitive. I cannot stop transforming my new Wheeljack.

6. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    This poll is going to be a landslide.

We know the fandom mostly prefers the FE Edition Cliffjumper.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I didn't know about this First Edition Edition Cliffjumper. Please elaborate.

8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to agree, the mold is lots of fun, huge play factor. It gets way too much hate IMHO though I do agree it isn't perfect.

For me it boiled down to $12 for RiD or closer to $60 for a FE. Considering how much fun I am having with RiD Cliffy, I REALLY glad I didn't pop for a FE.

Edit: I didn't vote as I only have the one.

9. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    I will vote for FE but RID is not a bad figure at all. Definitely still worth it if you do not get FE.

10. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    i think maybe you misinterpreted my statement about the rid toys. i'm not putting them down, i really like the rid toys.

i think people are just getting bent outta shape because they compare the fe molds to their rid counterparts, because of this i think the same people are overlooking great toys like wheeljack and soundwave or they may think the rid line in general wont be as good as the first edition line.

i think we should look at the rid line from a perspective as if the first edition line never existed. if first edition cliff was never made how much better would our opinion of rid cliff be?

sorry to be going off on a bit of a rant.

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I meant that they are a cool alternitive to First Edition. I know you agree.

12. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    I have both, and far prefer the FE figure. It's just a better overall package to me. The sculpt appeals to me more, the arms and legs appeal to me more, the head appeals to me more, the alt mode, transformation, color of the windows...pretty much every single aspect of it appeals to me more.

that said, RiD Cliffy isn't a bad figure at all.

Oh, and the Legions version is my favorite of the three, so my opinion probably shouldn't be trusted. :p 

Not much better for me. If FE Cliffy didn't exist my opinion of RiD Cliffjumper would go from a 6 to a 7. Or in other words, from an "Cool, but will be tossed in the heap next month" to a "Cool, but will be tossed in the heap in a couple months."

Wheras FE Cliff is one of my favorite deluxe figures from any line and is likely to be on permanant display.

13. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    FE isn't that big to begin with. It is, however, superior in my opinion in every way but the legs. I prefer the legs of RID better, but everything else, the FE does it better.

14. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I picked up RiD CJ last night. He's not a bad toy, he just doesn't look near as good as the FE. I hesitated buying him in the hopes i'll have a FE someday, but the prices will only go up.

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Lol at the smiley face poll :lol 

I prefer the PRID version. Its fun transformation seals the deal for me. The FE is more screen accurate and doesn't cheat the transformation, but as a whole the PRID CJ is more appealing to me.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate how Cliffjumper (in robot and car mode) looks significantly smaller than Bumblebee:(  I only have the FE version of this guy, and Japan won't be seeing the Arms Micron version until the end of the month; however, I wouldn't be surprised if the size issue continues still. I don't care that the two cars are completely different vehicles, Cliffjumper's car mode at least looks too damn small next to Bumblebee--it looks like it should be just as big.

I definitely prefer the hand canons on Cliffjumper than his engine block or whatever he has in the RiD line, Takara's AM or Arms Micron version of Cliffjumper looks pretty cool to me, as his AM looks like his hand canon, only bigger.

FE Cliffjumper gets my vote because he is armed on both sides of his body. I always hated how FE Bumblebee only came with one gun--the same applies to the two new Cliffjumpers too.

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First edition. Alt mode looks nicer. Solid arms but boxy legs is better than show accurate legs but weird gorilla hollow arms. Show accurate weapon. Way better looking face sculpt. Not cheating as much is a bonus.

18. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    You must live under a rock.
    FE hands down is better in both modes.

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was a joke because he accidentally said "First Edition Edition" rather than "First Edition"

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I know of the First Edition. I am not aware of this First Edition Edition!