TF: Prime episode 28 description (from Zap2it)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Arsenic, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    So it was only a one episode thing... Or is it? o_O  If he learns how to restore Prime's memory, does he do it in part 3? I wonder...

3. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zap2it's wouldn't happen to know what the third part's description would be would it? :D 

Thanks for the update. Really wanna see these episodes now.

jD001

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd imagine on the current pattern, they are updating around about a month before airing. So perhaps the next part's description will be next week?

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    And in the third part, his memory will probably be restored. :rolleyes: 

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Good bye last hope for Transformers. This series had waaayy too much potential compared to what they are doing. I'll watch Orion Pax and if there are no more plot twist and Prime gets his memories back, that will be the last hope I had for this franchise gone.

I mean honestly, how the hell is that meant to tell what it means to be a Prime? Just have the info shot into his head by (what I assume will be) Vector Sigma. Sure, that tells us a lot. I wanted him to have to relearn everything. That really would tell us a lot and would be an interesting story.

This series is becoming as bad as Energon. When ever an energon character got complex development, he got his mind wiped. This, ironically is the same thing, the other way round. having no memory would lead to complex development but they just give him back his boring mind to be the same old boring TFP Optimus.

If the series stayed the way it was at the beginning (not great but very good) I would have liked it. But now they promised so much but delivered so little. And while they didn't promise how they'd handle this, they did say this series would explore what it means to be a Prime and they just wasted the best opportunity to do so. They also indicated characters would die which they are yet to live up to. They also said that every character has a chance of dying but until Optimus or Bumblebee dies, that shall forever be viewed as a lie by me and many others.

But there is still hope, the Orion Pax story arc is yet to air but every bit of info I've heard so far has been disappointing. Although, the trailer was awesome. But that wasn't info.

7. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    I'd have to disagree, if anything it could mean this will span an entire season. I'm my guess is right.

Optimus lost his memories from losing the collective wisdom of the Prime.

Matrix is Empty

Solution?

Fill the Matrix with the wisdom/power of the Primes by finding their old stuff, refill the matrix, fix Prime.

This would be the way I'd like to see it at least, gives you a race against time scenario, backstory and history of each Prime as they find artifacts and weapons associated with them, and takes you off Earth to find more locations. characters, etc.

Just because Jack finds out how to restore Prime's memories, doesn't mean it's going to be easy, or take one episode.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I really, really hope you're right.

But unfortunately, given this series' past track record of resolving situations way too ridiculously fast, I kinda doubt it.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The pessimism in the Transformers fandom makes me want to shit blood sometimes.

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I kinda hope they do to Prime what they did to Olivia in Fringe. It was a few episodes until she got her memory back. Since it´s the same show creators, I hope so.

11. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Even though the actual Orion Pax situation will only span three episodes (given the title), it's possible that this season will have a big story arc throughout it involving Optimus. Unlike the first season having a couple little story arcs, many somewhat standalone episodes, and the sort-of bookend story involving Dark Energon, this one could have many episodes just devoted to Optimus and his place as a leader and what-not. Sure, the promise that this show would explore "what it means to be a Prime" would be about an entire season late, at least it could finally be starting to do that.

12. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

QFT, dude. I mean, can't we hold off on the bitching until we actually know what we're bitching about? :rolleyes: 

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not being pessimistic (or bitching, as you so eloquently put it). I'm being realistic.

If other stories in this show had lasted longer, there is no way I would be saying this. My prediction is based on past events. Nothing more. I think the fact that they will apparently be discovering how to restore his memory in this episode only helps my case.

Of course, I'm hoping they prove me wrong and make it at least a half-season lasting story-arc.

14. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you dont like ti anymore, you dont have to watch it. Just sayin'. In the time it took your to whine about it here, you could have easily deleted it from your DVR or however you watch it and forgotten about it.

also, the death thing isn't a lie, Cliffjumper died right out of the gate in season 1 and we've heard his character will get flushed out more in flashbacks. Also, they said that "every character has a chance of dying" largely when asked about where the show was going looking forward to season 2-4. For all we know season 2 could see a lot of poignant death. So they didnt fully "lie" as you claim.

Just my 2 cents on your rant.

Also, more generally speaking, i feel the whole "what it means to be a prime" thing was an idea they had going in and somehow thats what we all expected the show to be about, without fail.

sometime i hate the angst and pessimism on here.

15. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    It's really all up in the air, the creators could go either way with this. But I will say this, the resolving situation thing doesn't concern me all too much, mainly because the issues that were resolved, kinda were just one episode issues.

The only ones that seemed to be worthy of their longer resolution were the Unicron and Megatron's awakening parts, and each of those got a multi-episode feature to have the characters deal with it. (Please no Ultra Magnus jokes..)

The Optimus memory situation is in my opinion, the first major issue they've had, this isn't something they can shoot at and call it a day, and that's not even to mention how they're going to get Optimus back, let alone restore his memories.

As I said, I think my theory could be correct, the show is suppose to give us in detail what it means to be a Prime, well, perfect time to do so, by showing us the details of each of the original Thirteen
    Show us their values and skills etc etc etc

Or, my secondary thought. Megatron kills Bulkhead, Orion sees this and leaves, knowing that killing innocents is bad even as Orion, yadda yadda yadda. And Wheeljack is back.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, you're bitching, Mech.

Heheh, I'm just messin' with you, man. :lol 

I just think the show is still miles beyond anything we've seen on TV (with the exception of Animated and BW), and even some of the Adult shows out there tend to be pretty predictable, while still managing to entertain.

Hell, I liken Alcatraz to Pokemon with Criminals, and it kinda is, but it's still enjoyable. I only shit blood because people just immediately jump on the negative.

For example, I really expected Prime to die in the finale. Everyone did. He didn't, his memories went with the Matrix. It's not like everything they do is 100% predictable.

17. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I don't see it as a spoiler since is bound to happen.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I definitely hope you're right, although I kinda think Unicron is (or should be) a bigger threat than Optimus reverting into Orion Pax.
    Oh, I agree. What's funny is, for all the "bitching" I do, I still think TFP is the third best TF show of all time. I just think it has the potential to be a hell of a lot better.

19. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We saw the commercial yesterday where Optimus gets a Decepticon insignia. I am looking forward to a new season.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if the resolution is quick, if they do it with the right direction, drama and action I think it'll be satisfying. Ratchet's roid rage lasted one episode and it was still a blast. My favorite subplot in TFA was Waspinator's deal and it was over in two episodes. It's all a matter of execution rather than lenght.