TF Prime Dreadwing - Retail Release??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stygian360, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

So, in the display case at 2012 SDCC Voyager Dreadwing showed as a July '12 drop date for retail and yet there has been zero news recently as to when this figure is supposed to actually show up. We've seen Prime Breakdown and now even Jet-Vehicon from Takara being shipped from RK and TFSource... and yet no news regarding US Dreadwing.

Anyone heard anything as to release date at US retail? Hasbro seemed very proud of their display case lineup, containing what many originally thought might be Takara foreign only releases, so I find it hard to believe he may have fallen out of the lineup somehow. Just looking for a little clarification.

2. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    The figure will be coming out.
    Breakdown is a completely different case. But yes, the figure will be out, with patience. Possibly next month, the month after that, don't really know. Though with Kreo and new botshots coming out, may be soon.

3. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I would think it should be soon, but usually we get signs and smoke signals by now as to when he's coming. IIRC BBTS doesn't even have a pre-order available for him, which is highly unusual for them, with BBTS being a barometer of sorts as to how soon they might be hitting retail.

4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    A pretty good source said Hasbro purposely put the liine into a lull for the summer, and that we won't see much more until the second part of S2 is in full swing.

So i'm thinking Dreadwing will be more like Sept?

5. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If season 2 doesn't kick off again until late August, then September sounds reasonable. That's fine with me. It means I'll only have 2 deluxes to buy between now and then.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Meh, the stores in my area are still loaded with wave one Voyagers anyway so wave three will pry never make it over here.

7. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

It makes good sense, but I also wonder just who this "source" actually is.

8. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    I am looking forward to Dreadwing (or any new Voyager for that matter!). I have only seen Ops and Megs on the shelf for a couple of months now. A few sightings of Bulkhead and SS awhile back, and then nothing! Is it only my area, or have others also not seen Bulk and SS recently?

So, it is confirmed that Breakdown isn't making it over to the U.S., eh? Does anyone know why?

9. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. I just finally finished paying of my Green Giant preorder and a bunch of Reprolabels on my CC.
    Now I have to tackle paying off Zombie CJ, SDCC Bruticus, AM Breakdown, and my Jet Vehicon preorder. (and maybe start to save for G2 Bruticus, and MP Sideswipe preorders)
    my wallet could use a nice long retail vacation.

Although, isn't US MP10 supposedly coming out soon?

10. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One good, and bad thing, about Captured Prey is they charge for pre-orders right off the bat. My jet vehicons are paid for. Still have a wave 5 case from BBTS to pay for next month though. Hopefully I'll have some saved up come the fall for some Dreadwings.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You won't be seeing that for a long time......trust me.