Tf Prime Deluxe Rumble

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by DecepticusPrime, Sep 1, 2012.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Three odd things I noticed about Rumble.

1) His arms slide inwards at the shoulder just above the elbow joints Then slide out again for the transformation too car mode (not so clear in the instructions).

2) This then allows you to combine his guns with his hands and fold his car kibble fully down and make a perfect complete arm transformation for cannon or piledriver arms with the guns filling in most of the gap and providing nice decoration from the fins.

3) You don't actually need to fold his head up at all to transform him to a car - I suspect it only folds up at all as he's a "Revealer".

I also Swapped the feet I prefer the flat fronted foot he posses and stands better that way too.

Looking at the front of the car art it seems the piple drivers rough spot near the fins was colour keyed to the body colour. I'm not going to paint that part though as it would stops the weapons from looking decent if used with the Tomy-Takara Red Rumble if I paint part of the guns blue.

But the way I mentioned the window kibble folds down and his arms slide on bars makes me think his fat little squid micron should also be able to form a pipe driver too using that technique - and that is perhaps even the reason both toys have identical microns.

2. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Yeah they do! Thanks, didn't know that... interesting about the feet too. His heels actually look like typical TF feet. I may switch them around myself as I too am not crazy about the clawed feet he has... Does he still transform OK without switching them back?

3. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    He transforms perfectly with the feet switched around.

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Can he use his guns like piledrivers at all? To date I haven't seen a pic of him actually looking like he's piledriving anything, all pics seem to indicate they're just vaguely piledriver shaped guns.

Could someone post a pic of him in a piledriver-y position? If it doesn't work then that's even more reason for me to go with AM Rumble over Hasbro.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the pile drivers can cover his hands and yeah you can pose him like that, im at work now so cant take a pic.

but why would you think the AM would be better for that than Hasbro? As of now he only gets a Micron and nothing else.

if anything the guns with the hasbro now work better for that effect.

6. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Most excellent find.

I like this one a HELL of alot more now. You take the hollow halves of the pile drivers, and rotate them so the car side hides the hollow part, and it all fits together like an easter egg plan.

Head can tilt up for a decent "Let's Rumble!" pose

I will swap the feet, just havent got there, yet. After looking at them more, It seems natural flipping them. I dont care for the birdlike claw feet much.

I just snapped some quick pics from my workshop, so I dont wanna hear hear shit about cheap shelves..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Because I like the head and colors better. And if the piledrivers don't work as piledrivers on the Hasbro one, then all the Hasbro one has for it is that it has two guns instead of one... that turns into an Octopus. Which is awesome.

But, sadly, they work as piledrivers so I return to my indecision. Alas.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Much like Sgt. Kup, it looks like this mold was also produced with the Generations line in mind. The first B&W scan TCracker posted seems indicative of this.

And weirdly, I'd like to see this mold painted up in Gaiking colors.

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Word of warning, if you are swapping the feet don't do it too much, I've just had one balljoint snap off clean at the foot.

Personally, I want to like this toy but even at 1/3 off he's not warmed to me as much as Arcee has.

10. jametron

News Credits:
    Yeah, they're tight... Switched mine around yesterday. I won't be switching them back so no worries here. Thanks again RedAlert Rescue... they look great like that!

11. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Got him today off HTS.

12. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    I actually like him a lot more with the alternate arm transformation and the swapped feet. Before this, I only bought him cos he looks quite a bit like my real car.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I was going to swap the feet but it felt too much like I was about to break the sockets when I tried. I guess I'll have to stick with the pointy feet, which is a shame since the square-foot look is far nicer.

I had to shave the taba little that clips the roof onto the left shoulder as everytime I used it it felt like I was stressing the clear red hinge and I'd not be happy if I broke that.

Otherwise, really nice figure.

14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    trust me, the black plastic on the ball joint will give before the blue plastic socket

15. jametron

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think he's pretty solid... I actually had to REALLY press his one foot back in. So hard in fact I thought it was gonna break then, but no, he's sturdy!

16. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    How timely. I was swapping the feet around on my Rumble and one of the ball joints snapped.
    DAMMIT! I really liked that figure, too.

17. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Finally found this little bugger. Of course, it was when I wasn't really looking for TFs I come across him...

He's pretty cool. Not quite "damn, this is the best TF ever" cool like Prime Dead End, nor $16+ cool, but still pretty cool. The thinness of the car parts worries me; I must have a bunch of other figures with just as thin parts (Movieverse Dead End and Hubcap spring to mind), but it's still a little unnerving.

19. jametron

News Credits:
    Son of a!
    <--- adds Rumble to Yaujta's "want" list.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was really crossing my fingers when I swapped the feet it takes a lot of strength to the feet off - if you going to do it I suggest pulling straight out and not wiggling the part it may be the wiggling that is causing ball joints to sheer off.
    They are a lot easier to get in that get out though - I'd suggest only doing it once so check out some images to see what you prefer and only due it if your sure and if you do change the feet it's probably best to resist the temptation to swap them back.

I wonder if heating the ball cup with a hairdryer might help a bit or just weaken the foot even more causing it to be more likely to break ?

Yep to The above images that was what I was suggesting for a pile driver mode... as I said before I hope with the kibble like that the same transformation might still work with the Microns too.

Hopefully Fenzy & Rumble's Microns will be ones they issue individually too so you have the chance to give them 2 each or try them out with Hasbro Rumble too.