TF:Prime Cyberverse Legion Vehicon.

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Soundwinder, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I feel like for most people, their decision was made when it was the only version released thus far of a very popular army builder. But that aside, I really liked the figure.

The transformation is ridiculously simple. Just tuck the arms in, put the legs together, and fold in the head. Really, depending on how he was posed before transforming the only step may be folding the head into the chest. With the grill of the car behind/above the head, he does look a bit more alien with his proportions, but I think it looks good. The colors work well, though he could use more in robot mode. A bit bulkier than the in-show counterpart, but just a good looking figure.

His gun is neat, and surprisingly character-specific. It has a blade/shield/bludgeon on the side, which goes well with the gun/sword that Ratchet and Cliffjumper have. But that's unmistakably the Vehicon's signature triangular barrel.

Side note: He has shoulders, hips and shallow knee movement. Ben Yee (Transformers Prime Vehicon Toy Review | BWTF) completely neglects the knee articulation, for some reason. Take a look at Ben's post for pictures, he does a better job than I would.

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man...I think it should be against the rules to make a review thread without pics!

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    He's also tiny. I'm not talking just because he's Cyberverse, but in comparison. Next to DOTM Crankcase and Barricade, next to Legends G1 Megatron, he's like a kid with adults around him.

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I love this little guy and I'm going to get at least two more of him. The only real complaint I have is the serial number on his arm, but a little rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab solved that problem.

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my 2nd today
    I think I'll be buying 1 every time I don't find something else while hunting

6. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Damn, you guys like this turd? Vehicon and Ratchet are both obscenely simple, but at least Ratchet has the courtesy to not be loaded down by kibble and have legs with a nice range of movement and an ankle joint.

There's no excuse for Vehicon having a design this lazy. He's as close to those non-transforming Transformers car toys with the pictures of the robot modes on the bottom as you can get and still be an actual transforming figure.

7. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Gonna agree that his design is amazingly lazy. I don't hate him, but he's definitely the weakest of the 5 Legion bots out so far.

8. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    RPMs, I was thinking about RPMs.

9. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Well, sometimes simple is a good thing. The sheer army-building potential makes up for his shortcomings.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Vehicon is pretty...meh. All of the other Legions in his wave impressed or at least surprised me, but this guy is a stubby hunchback who doesn't really peg together that well. Still, no regrets, nice to have a cheap Vehicon.

I'll try and have some pics up later.

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't have all of wave 1 of the Legions yet, but so far he's the weakest of them. Unstable in alt mode, small footprint in robot mode, and the kibble bangs up against him way too much. Bumblebee has some bad kibble issues but it doesn't really bang up against his body. Not a horrible figure I think, but definitely not my first choice for Cyberverse Legion. That distinction goes to Cliffjumper.