TF Prime Cyberverse Energon Driller with Knock Out

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Longwaysouth, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Longwaysouth

Longwaysouth Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I found a bigger and clearer picture of the recently revealed TF Prime Cyberverse Energon Driller with Knock Out! Looks quality! Can't wait to get one of these! :D 

[​IMG]

Can I get a news credit for this? :wink: 

2. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Noyce! Very intimidating playset! Though I bet the tip of the drill is soft rubbery plastic. Wouldn't want kids to poke their eyes out. I'm suddenly very very glad I picked up a few driller minicons in Japan (along with Throttler from PCC Sledge) to give to my Cons too for that whole energon miner theme. XD

And Knockout looks boss! Somehow it fits him too, haha, "Let's put it this way.... size DOES matter!"

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I'm not sure I can adequately express how much I want this set, actually a few of them to link together. :drool: 

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I also saw posted the driller pic earlier at practically the same moment it seems he does give a nicer look see at the Knockout though :

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...e-uk-argos-catalogue-scans-7.html#post7145353

I wonder if that bar on the side of the vehicle is a Cyberverse Action Playset connection bar or a 3mm clip point bar ?

Also little Jackie comes with 2 swords does Knockout come with any kind of hand weapon ?

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    isn't Knockout's weapon a spear?? in the show i mean

6. big hank

News Credits:

I believe it is. I noticed on Wheeljack's ship there is a "male" bar on the left side and "female" groove on the right. Which works with the DotM linking convention. And I don't think aesthetically they will clash (aside from the vibrant paint)

I can't wait for ScrambleCity Cyberverse style!

7. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

That's impressive. If it had tank treads, I'd be completely sold on getting this set.

8. big hank

News Credits:
    Well, the sides are in the "open" position obscuring the total view of the side so it may indeed have treads molded on. Doubtful they are functional if there.

9. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So they give the most brazenly homosexual Decepticon a giant drill to ride on? This must be deliberate.

10. nonexistent

nonexistent Well-Known Member

Another reason to extend the cyberverse collection which i am falling in love with. This set look impressive. I would prefer a vehicon with the energon driller instead of knockout. At least, it will give one more reasons to buy a few of this playsets but not having replicate knockout figures. At the same time, it helps with army building. But still impressive. Will definitely get 2 or 3 of this.

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yes now you mention it I do remember the bars on Wheeljack's ship.

It's nice that they may still link to the Cyberverse Actionsets then.

I have been chin stroking wondering if they'd make more of them - perhaps non- movie ones.

I guess they did that as The Decepticon Miner has no shown alt mode as yet and both Knockout & Wheeljack are unique to the vehicles they come with (so far they have not been listed as single carded releases as far as I know) if the driller came with a Vehicon - people would be annoyed and as the Vehicon is sold separately it make it easier to army build him than if he was only sold with the driller.

Though If you wanted several Drillers I guess the vehicon might have worked too. - Perhaps they need to make another class of vehicon for the show with a driller/tank mode then that can drive the drill by default.

If you have to get a lot of extra Knockout's to get the drillers in multiple then I guess you'd get at least a decent portion of the cost back selling him on to those who only wanted Knockout - or think he might make a good custom into say Wreckloose, Dino or Overrun.

12. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Oh Knockout, you are so overcompensating.

But yes, nice toy set. :D 

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I wonder if you could unscrew the base and take the treads and side pods off so you get 3 individual vehicles ?

Also if that thing has 5mm screw holes on it's underside you might be able to stick it on things like a giant powerlink connection.

If you notice it looks a tiny bit like one of G1 cartoon Megatron's comedy laser cannons.

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/.../250px-Mirage's_Betrayal_Megalaser_Cannon.jpg

14. big hank

News Credits:
    Dammit, nothing good can come from your statement. I wonder if there is a "roll me and the drill spins gimmick". I'm sure to get 3-4 of these now. A couple to disassemble......those manned cannons look sick too......Have they confirmed lights and sounds ala the Ark?

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WTF? how is ?? Damn, people see what they want to see

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yes seemingly so this is why the Cyberberverse Legion and Commander figures come with guns that are clear plastic (or in some cases chests) so the playsets can light them up.

One of the Hasbro slides shows the feature off on the Wheeljack space ship I believe. If I had to guess I would say that the light bulb on the driller is the purple clear part just above the drill itself.

Naturally Poweriser Megatron or Optimus or Starscream could also light them up too - and their light pack/weapons are seemingly removable for that reason so you can use them like a little hand held torch (Flashlight) on the smaller toys.

17. big hank

News Credits:
    Damn, look at Hasbro putting fun back into Transformers.........

18. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I want this! And Wheeljack's ship. They both look so awesome.

19. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I love that it's Knockout of all people driving the Hugely Phallic Object. Hasbro's idea of a joke, perhaps?

He's just showing off.

"I've got a Drill-Tank. Bitches love Drill-Tanks."

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I got Bulkhead and Optimus Cyberverse figures today and they both have light piping in the chests.. Optimus has a very odd shape in his back too I wonder if this will reveal itself as having some future function on a repaint.

I also note he has a trailer hitch already moulded in so he's "Trailer ready".