TF: Prime Cyberverse Cliffjumper

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Rewind, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    Original thread here:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ers-prime-cyberverse-ratchet-cliffjumper.html

I figured I'd start a thread just for Cliffjumper.

Alt mode:
    Looks pretty much how you would expect a cyberverse/legends version of Cliffjumper would look like. Holds together well, rolls, has plenty of detail considering the small scale - they even painted his hood horns. I don't know if they needed to put three weapon ports on him (roof, both sides) but I wont complain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Transformation:
    Cliffjumper has what could be my favorite transformation for a TF of this size. I love how his back end looks like it should turn into his arms and his front looks like it should turn into his legs, but it does the opposite. It's an incredibly clever design and it's nice to see so much thought put into something this small and cheap. It's especially fun folding up his arms.
    [​IMG]

Bot mode:
    Where deluxe Cliffy seems on the short side, Cyberverse Cliffy is nice and tall. Proportions are great. Articulation is excellent for a toy of this size with ball shoulders, ball elbows, ball hips, pin knees and ball ankles. He could use a rotating head, but I'll gladly sacrifice that for the fantastic arm articulation.
    [​IMG]

The only problem is that his thighs are too thick to allow for much outward movement. Fortunately there is ample plastic there, and after a few minutes with an Xacto knife he can go from this:

[​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

Overall he's a solid Cyberverse/Legends release. One of the best in my book. Very cool that they're giving them weapons now, even if they are rubbery candy-like tidbits that look like they belong in the Energon line. I'll take 'em.

Attached Files:

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Funny that you should say that. Because when I saw that thing he was holding, I had a sudden urge for a Sour Power.......... :D 

Other than though, for a budget piece he is not bad at all. These little runts are really giving their larger counterparts some hefty competition.

3. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

As I posted in the Sighting thread, it begins! Found CJ and BB at a local Target, went for CJ. In short, I dig. Car mode is solid, bot articulation is great for a legend, weapon looks good. About the only ding I can put out there is that the rooftop weapon storage is a little loose - understandably, since it's on the join of his legs.

Redeco thought - given the 3mm holes on the rear fenders; turn red plastic to green, paint eyes orange and horns either orange or dark gray. Instant Cybertron Downshift homage.

4. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    YES PLEASE. After all these years, Cybertron Downshift is still among my top 5 favorite TF toys ever.

5. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Cyberverse Cliffjumper owns, I'm so glad I got him. I scooped up all 5 of the little legion bots the other day, he's easily my favorite of the bunch.

6. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

He's a fantastic figure. Legion figure with shoulder, (terrible) hip, elbow, and knee articulation? Yes please!

Seriously though, he cannot move his legs forward even slightly without modding. I cannot for the life of me comprehend this decision, but... ah well. Like OP said, plenty of plastic to shave off, but it's absolutely ridiculous.

I also really like his gun/sword.

All in all, a stellar representation of a cool character.

7. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just picked this guy up yesterday.
    Absolutely fantastic toy for the size and price.

8. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love this guy and with a few paint touch up's he's even better!

Did some by sharpie silver on his rims, some black on his windows, some red tail lights, and some yellow on his headlights.
    Need a few touch ups.. but other than that looks good to me!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    Very nice. He looks better with the windows fully painted.

10. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    definitely! NEed to touch them up a tiny bit. but the end result is much better.
    the pipes also need some love to bring them out from the mold.

11. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Oh wow. I REALLY like this guy. I may like him even more then FE or RiD Cliffjumper.

12. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably one of the best legion size in this wave save for the derped leg articulation.

13. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wasn't going to go out of my way to get this guy, but I'm fairly glad I did...his transformation is pretty out-there and amazing for a Legion.

15. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    For more pics, click on the image above

I’m going to try something new here. Activating my alter ego: Fanboy Phil! Who digs the Prime cartoon, like totally!

Oh my God, did you know? The Prime TV series was barely on the screen – like, five minutes, dude – and Cliffjumper here totally died! It was sooooo badass right from the get-go. He talks like The Rock, he kicks Decepticon skidplate like a boss, and then Starscream just plain murders him, fatality-style. Forget about all the old Transformers stuff, this here is so rad, I can barely find words. Five minutes in and one of the main good guys totally dies, this is so cool. And later on he totally comes back zombie-style and tries to eat brains. Zombies are so cool, man!

And, like, they did that even though Cliffjumper was super-important to the cast and all. I mean, he gets three – count’em, three – toys right at the start of the toyline. The First Edition toy, the RID toy, and this Cyberverse Legion toy right here. And he still totally dies! How cool is that, dude? Man, Transformers has never been edgier than this! Five minutes and the first good guy dies, pow, spark crushed by Starscream’s claws. I can’t believe it!

I mean, yeah, this Cyberverse toy here is totally for kids, yo! Small, real small. But can, like, move pretty well for the size with elbows and knees and stuff and looks a lot like the guy who – did I tell you about that? – died five minutes into the pilot. So badass! Got a cool sword, too. Guns are for lame-os, right? Did anyone ever die by gunfire in the Prime series? Claws and swords, man, claws and swords! That’s how you kill in a cool way, dude! So Cliffjumper got a badass sword to slice up Vehicons with. Okay, he didn’t really have one in the cartoon and just shot them... and then he died. He totally wouldn’t have died with a sword, man! He’d have carved the slag outta Starscream.

So, where was I? Oh yeah, this toy here. Like I said, totally for kids, man! But given that, pretty cool. And you can totally assemble a Legion-class Vehicon army for this guy to carve through before he gets killed off real bad. That’s pretty rad! Oh, and he becomes a kick-ass car, too.

Rating: C+