TF prime cartoon designs look like Animated G-2 toy designs.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

TF prime cartoon designs look like Animated G-2 toy designs.

HubWorld Official Launch - Transformers: Prime Character Renders, Games And More - Transformers News

I'm just trying to figure out hasbro/takara will transfer these TF Prime cartoon designs into toy form. It's kinda exciting to see how takara/hasbro will design the TF Prime toys. will they look more like the live action movie adult themed toys? will they look like the animated toys? will they be a fused animated+live action movie designs merged into one?

Either way,I'll most likely get TF Prime Megatron as i'm a megatron character/toy fan. the others i'll decide on when I see actual toy pics.

I'm just hoping the TF Prime toy line is a full blown toy line with all TF toy sizes. like legends,basics deluxes,voyagers,ultras, leaders & supreme sizes.

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to create a on-line petition. and ask Hasbro/Takara to make a toy out of that animated season 4 leader sized maruader megatron. then put maruader megatron into TF prime as a season 2 or 3 updated megatron body design. since the cartoon designs from animated & TF prime look so similar.

Attached Files:

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I dont see these similarities people keep saying they see, other than maybe in the faces with the lack of noses.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Y'know, most Animated guys had noses. They were just (usually) part of their helmets.

And Prime really isn't Animated. It has shades of it's tyle, like Optimus having about the same build as Animated Optimus, especially in the legs and there's obviously Bulkhead. Starscream is like a skinnier, more ghoul-like version of Animated Strascream, but again the styles are different even if the detail are similar.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    They look anorexic.

Maybe hints of Animated in there, but G2? Dude, what are you smoking?

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's just using "G2" as shorthand for the "second phase" of Animated that got canned.

It's mostly in the body weight, and the overall curviness of their designs. They've got the same "swoopyness" and strongly-defined heroic silhouettes that Animated was going for, but given a somewhat more movie-style slant. And we've got the large-chinned, helmet-integrated nose head designs again.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't like Marauder Megatron. Another reminder of Beast Machines, like Prime.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    And this is somehow a bad thing?

Beast Machines had bitchin' designs. The vehicons were awesome drones.

Or rather, like cartoons.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

exactly,more like animated designs taken to the next level.

similar to when bw season one,went transmetal in season 2.

similar to when some G-1 toys got re-designed a bit for G-2 like optimus & megatron.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's my preference. Somehow, it's permitted for me to have one.

And it took a year for the toys to finally look like the animation models. As well as physics could allow, of course.

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I love those maruader megatron designs. they look so incredible,powerful & creative in all 3 modes.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It has the BM Megatron head, which I dislike. And the new Marauder toy isn't bad, if you compare it to maybe Cybertron Galvatron it's nice. But the Animated Leader is so iconically Megatron I don't feel it's a design that can be improved on.

The Marauder by contrast is an homage to lesser iterations of Megatron, in my opinion.

12. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I am so sorry this is the wrong thread.

I'd buy the Cliff Jumper if it's any good. I like the alt mode.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Um, okay? I'm allowed one, too, right? That was less a statement directed to you and more a seque for me about how I like the Vehicons, and Prime's designs are like that asthetic applied to non-drone characters.

Gotta say, I did not care for the toys bar a few. They were cool on their own, I guess, but they seemed over-detailed compared to the clean, angular animated models, and there wer a lot of weird choices that made them look a lot different from the show models when they didn't have to. Prime seems like a happy balance between the two and I like it quite a lot.

May I ask how? I mean, you're inclined to your own way of thinking, but "these guys look like ass" isn't a very convinicng argument or statement as to why they in any way are bad designs. They look fine to me. Nice, characterful people.

You're supposed to think that. He's obviously a nerdy character, with the short legs, glasses, sweater vest, long arms. But he's obviously still a bit of a child, as I can tell by the self-styled hair, the untucked shirt and loosely tied shoes. It's part of his personality. I can tell that just by looking at him, which means the design has done it's job.

14. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    These are going to be an easy pass

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got more of a movie feel than Animated. There are elements of Animated in there, but it looks more like Movieverse Transformers: The Animated Adventures as opposed to Animated: G2. I don't consider it a bad thing, but that's what the designs make me think so far.

As for Marauder Megs and online petitions...I probably would've picked it up if it had been released, but I don't think Hasbro/Takara care much about some online petition for Random Toy X to be released so even if one was started I doubt that would be all Hasbro or Takara would feel it would need to justify releasing the toy, even by backdooring it into a TF: Prime toy line. If online petitions worked, we'd have a full roster of Animated toys we never received (including Marauder Megs, which we didn't even know about until well after the cartoon and toy line ended), tons of reissues, all the Classics-style toys fans want that haven't been announced yet, and who knows what else.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It should be remembered, however, that this was because Mainframe went off and designed everything for the show and started production without waiting for Hasbro's finished designs. It's not the fault of the BM toy designs that they looked nothing like the show, it's the other way round.

17. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I think in the first year BM case it's neither's fault. G1, BW, yes it's the shows fault for not looking like the toys because the toys existed. But for BM I think the toy designs and show designs were going on at the same time and they just diverged a bit from each other. One wasn't first for the other to copy or fail to copy.

Not "or rather"... they look anorexic and like cartoons.

18. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Awful designs. The humans look like they'd kick the TF's asses. When they sat down to make some sketches; I wonder if they said, "let's make all of the TF's look like fembots! ..yeah, that's the ticket!"

19. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Yeah, Cliffjumper looks like a cheerleader!
    Hasblow ruined Transformers forever!

:rolleyes: 

20. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

:rolleyes2 

Don't jump. I didn't say Hasbro ruined anything. I said I don't like the Prime designs.