TF Prime AM Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by pingth, Apr 5, 2012.

1. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the above pictures, I did cut up some stickers, more specifically the stickers for the front grill and headlights of the ambulance, otherwise it would have been one whole piece of chrome sticker pasted over the uneven surface of the front grill, which in my opionion is not so nice, from what I saw from the recent Cybertron Con.

With the stickers pasted, it still do differs from the Hasbro version in that the bumper of the Hasbro comes with matt silver paint and this AM version is white. On the chest portion, Hasbro version has some blue paint as well but not present on this AM version. And of course the Hasbro comes with twin small knife but this AM version got a giant arm minicon knife. This minicon knife is probably too huge for this figure, perhaps look better for the AM Optimus Prime instead. I did some painting on the ear portion of the figure to make it more cartoon accurate but of course the figure on the whole (whether it is for Hasbro or AM version) is far from accurate to the cartoon with many portions of red not reflected in robot mode. It does have a life signal sign stickers to be pasted on the body of the vehicle which is not present in the hasbro version, but that is probably not too great a disadvantage, maybe reprolabels may come out with something later on.

I thought I wouldn't like the ports on this figure but for having it now, it didn't take away too much. Pasting the stickers do take consume time and patience, it does take quite a bit of effort to paste the stickers well so that your figure may looks good. I guess the most difficult part for me is the cutting of the stickers to customize. Some stickers aren't that bad at all, it gives the figure some subtle chrome look.

2. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no comments?
    Really wish this wasn't so sticker heavy. Were they easy to apply and align?

3. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry, time is a little short on my side these days. some of these am figures have more stickers to paste, some lesser. but on the whole if u want the figures to look good, it does consume time and patience on pasting the stickers. in my case, i took even more time on that cos i cut up certain parts of the stickers, ie customizing from the standard stickers they gave before i pasted them on the figures. i did some of that work on ratchet, bb and cliffjumper.

4. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think for the stickers,once you paste wrongly,that's it,if you peel off again & repaste,there will be crease on the stickers,make the figure look ugly.

5. miruku84

miruku84 Member

ratchet's red color seems more "heavier" than RiD's, that makes me feel good
    seeing RiD ratchet's red color so light... and the white color quality is very bad

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe because Hasbro's is pre painted,that's why

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Until I got him I was so worried, but turned out he is quite fun. My 13 year old son assembled Micron and he thought it was quite fun. He was a bit stressed with stickers because he is much more fussier than me with that sort of stuff. I applied stickers on Ratcher myself and except for the bits that go to his chests, it was easy enough. Then again I don't mind if the stickers are crooked or wrinkled :lol 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also these come with character codes which you can enter to play some sort of game. (not open yet)
    Arms Up Missions

Attached Files:

8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stickers on convex or concave surfaces is just a plain bad idea.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    ^This.

10. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

That mini-con is a whole hell of a lot better than the shitty safety scalpels the US version has. I hope it gets a separate release.