TF Pricecheck 1985 Soundwave Cassette Player

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BigBadBoombox, Nov 28, 2011.

1. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

So I'm moving to California from NH in the next few months and I've been putting together stuff to sell, but for the life of me, there is one piece i have no idea what it's worth. It the 1985 Soundwave Cassette Player, the big brick that actually plays tapes. It's in pretty much mint condition ( no sticker peeling, no scratches or paint wear), without a box or instructions ( i did find a pdf of the instructions online), but to this day i have no idea what it's worth. Anyone care to venture a guess? I only ask because this is my holy grail peice ( i'm a SW collector) and as much as it hurts, this could provide much needed fundage for the cross country move.

Here's a link for a visual. Image:SoundwaveCassettePlayer.jpg - Transformers Wiki

Any and all help will be appreciated.
    B4

2. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up one in similar condition on eBay not too long ago for $11.55, which I considered a steal at the time since I had seen some go for much higher than that.

Looking around though, I guess the market is down for them as here's one from June for $26:

G1 TRANSFORMERS SOUNDWAVE CASSETTE PLAYER 1985 WORKS! | eBay

But then again, here's one from just a few days ago that ended at $51:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20067540695...nkw=200675406954&_fvi=1&_rdc=1#ht_1592wt_1110

Where did you find those instruction online? I wouldn't mind printing out a copy for myself. If you could, please PM the details.

Thanks for reading,
    MIKE
    engledogg

3. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

huh...that is weird. I didn't see anything when i looked on ebay. Thanks!

Yeah i'll PM you the link when i get home, it's bookmarked and saved as a pdf in case i needed to email it to anyone.

Thank you again!

4. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was thinking about buy a another one and ripping the guts out and making him a Mp3 player or a blue tooth amplifed speaker system.

5. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

Do you know someone getting rid of theirs? I'd love to own one and keep it as is using it as a cassette player.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Considering it's not worth very much and it's a grail piece for you, I'd hang on to it. There's no demand for it but I get the feeling it is still quite rare, so if you do get rid of it it might be difficult to replace?

7. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member