2D Artwork: TF:P Stunticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by soymonk, Oct 25, 2011.

1. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    The Stunticons with Transformers: Prime aesthetics. This version includes the image of Oil Slick in the background.

I chose pre-existing body types for the team because I wanted to mimic what a customizer or Hasbro would do if they were to use molds of preexisting characters to retool them into the Stunticons.

The idea here is that before he joined the Decepticons, Breakdown was part of a group of rebellious anarchists, called the Stunticons. The team, except for Motormaster, was eventually caught by Cybertronian law enforcement. In time, the Stunticons were released from their prisons by Megatron as he and Optimus began the civil war that would render their planet uninhaitable. The team was disbanded and each member went their separate ways until they were reunited by an odd, misanthropic scientist, named Oil Slick.

Oil Slick used his resources and knowledge to collaborate with Knockout to form a Decpticon super soldier who would rival Optimus Prime in strength, courage, and skill. The final creation named itself Motormaster and asserted its leadership over the Stunticons, a group separate of the Decepticons. After Motormaster was created, Oil Slick disappeared back into the shadows, which allowed Knockout to take full credit for the monster’s creation. Megatron despises the Stunticons, though he admires the group’s tenacity.

• Although Motormaster is similar to Optimus Prime in many ways, he lacks the wisdom of the Matrix of Leadership that Optimus possesses. He is violent, merciless, and arrogant, traits that Knockout finds unsavory. All of the other Stunticons obey Motormaster out of fear for their lives except for Breakdown, who challenges his rule.

• Reluctant to reunite with his teammates, Breakdown was secretly ordered by Megatron to rejoin the Stunticons and act as a double agent. Breakdown loathes the artificially-created Motormaster and believes that he should lead the team. Knockout is unaware of Breakdown’s true intentions and wonders where the Stunticon’s true loyalties lie.

• Wildrider is psychotic, reckless, and extremely trigger-happy. The maniac loves to drive through the streets at breakneck speeds with no regard for whatever, or whoever, is in his way. Wildrider is highly competitive with Drag Strip.

• The gloomy Dead End adopted his nihilistic views when he discovered that he was nothing more than a highly specialized drone. He feels that nothing in the universe, not even his own life, has meaning and although he’s a mopey and sullen kill-joy, the other Stunticons tolerate him because of his complacency and skills in combat.

• Drag Strip is a proud and highly competitive individual that has a small rivalry going with Wildrider. She trusts no one and believes that she is the only competent member amongst the Stunticons. Drag Strip is a vicious warrior and would rather die than let herself be defeated at the hands of an Autobot.

Attached Files:

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You could try merging aspects of Prime and Bulkhead together if that can help.You took some inspiration from the TFA stunticons is that right? I can see that with Dragstrip.

3. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah. At first, I hated the idea when I saw people were portraying Drag Strip as a female, but it grew on me by the time that Wyatt made it clear that Drag Strip would be a repaint of Arcee. I wanted my design to be an homage to Wyatt's.

I'm not sure how I'd merge Prime and Bulkhead, they have completely different body aesthetics. I'm liking the idea of using Bulkhead for his body and alt mode, but Prime works just as well, as he always has.

4. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime...just sayin'.:) 

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Good work. You've managed to maintain their personalities as well.

6. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Thanks, though I kinda switched the facial expressions on Wildrider and Drag Strip. It would've made more sense if WW was the one smirking while DS was scowling.

An update of the picture has been added to the attachments in the original post. I decided to go with the Optimus body type for Motormaster, complete with an altered helmet and lip scar.

Attached Files:

7. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    The picture so far looks pretty sweet! You done a great job on Motormaster too. I can totally see rest the Stunticons except Breakdown as repainted/remolded figures!

8. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Thanks, that was what I was aiming for.

The completed version of the drawing with the inclusion of Oil Slick has been added to the original post. The original post now also contains the backstory for the characters and mini bios for each member of the team.

Attached Files:

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Wow! So does Oilslick had anything to do with the Stunticons origin or something?

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wonderful job! I like the bios too. :thumb 

11. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That is awesome...and the bios are great!!!

and one thing to Dead End...look on the bright side....you're a SPECIAL drone....that's a some-what good thing....:) 

12. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks cool

13. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Adding some detailed drawings of their faces to the original post. We've got Dragstrip today.

Thanks, guys. Glad you like it.

Attached Files:

14. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Detailed portrait of Wildrider.

Attached Files:

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Dragstrip looks very pretty for a con!!! Wildrider looks tough but his TFA version looks even more insane!!!

16. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I love Wyatt's take on Wildrider, but it wouldn't translate well to Prime aesthetics due to it's super-cartoony look. Aince all of the character we've seen so far in Prime mostly have human-like facial features.

It would also be difficult to find a mold of an existing character's toy that would resemble Lockdown's body and alt mode.

Motormaster portrait is up.

Attached Files:

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I can see why the cartoony aspect won't work for the TFP universe but it's still cool! And great job on Motormaster too! The Optimus Prime aspect does show on his face!:thumbs2: 

18. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Final portrait. After finding better reference photos, I tweaked Dead End's face to make it more accurate to the Vehicons seen in Prime.

Attached Files:

19. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Very cool!:thumbs2:  I can totally see Dead End looking like this if he ever has a TFP toy of him! Are you planning to do a TFP version of Menasor?

20. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Not really. Since they're all different sizes and proportions, I don't think a Menasor with a streamlined look would be plausible.