TF now with everything else?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KMills, Aug 28, 2009.

1. KMills

KMills Member

This maybe in an older post but i didnt find it. (new from Hisstank.com) What does everyone thing of the TF/star wars and TF/Xmen stuff. I myself dont like it. Not sure if its just how it looks or how the two have nothing to do with each other. What is every ones take on them? Thanks~

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think they would probably be pretty damn nifty if Takara was doing more of the engineering work on them. As-is though, I'm not terribly impressed with any I've seen. The Hulk/Tank and Darth Vader/Death Star ain't bad though.

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    They're hit-and-miss to me. There are some definite stinkers to me, like the Luke X-Wing. Though there's some pretty solid figures like the Captain America Hummer. I don't think there's been a truly "great" piece yet, but there's hope since both properties have some pretty cool TF potential.

Also, kicking this over to TF Toy Discussion.

4. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

They really don't do a whole lot for me. IMO, the Marvel stuff looks pretty bad, the Star Wars stuff never really grabbed me (the only one I have that I love is the General Grievous/ Death Wheel).

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    The transformer/star wars ones minus Cody/turbo tank and the two big ones are garbage

all the marvel ones for the most part have been pretty good, but the thing is the weakest of them all

6. menasor73ct

menasor73ct Well-Known Member

i dont like any of those,i like star wars,xmen,and transformers,but not to mix

7. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    i like the darth vader tie fighter and emperor palpatine imperial shuttle

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I think they're entirely uninteresting. Honestly, I tend to forget they even exist most of the time.

9. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    this

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I don't like the Crossovers. I bought one 3 years ago and it is my last but, I must admit, the Death Star TF isn't that bad at all.

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I only have 2 of the SW ones, Darth Vader/Death Star, and the Han/Chewie MF. I think they are both great, but none of the others really appeal to me.

I have the whole first wave of the Marvel ones, and of the set, I like Venom the best. The others are neat, but Venom's muscle car is just bad-ass.

12. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I love the Star Wars Crossovers. I used to collect the Action Fleet ships so these have an added bonus because they can also transform. I don't really care about Marvel but I do like the Spider-Man/Iron-Man combiner.

13. AMG

AMG Old School

I don't own any of the crossover TFs. Not really a big fan of how most of them look.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Only crossovers I have are the Darth Vader/Deathstar and the Marvel Hulk tank. Really not a fan of crossing TF with anything as TF and its characters usually get the shitty end of the shaft in the deal. Do you want fries with your TF? No, I just want my TF. And perhaps a chocolate milkshake.
    At the very least cross Transformers with Gobots.

15. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    SWTF have gotten better since they were first released and like TIE Bomber said, they are like Action FLeet figures that transform. The alt modes for the SWTF figures are really well done and do a great job hiding the robot parts but the robots are a bit weird and the early ones have horrible/weird articulation. I get them mainly for the alt modes. As for the Marvel crossovers, I've been pretty disappointed with the line as a whole. I only picked up three of them and I probably won't pick up any more.

16. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't care for them. They don't bother or impress me. So I don't care. Death Star Darth Vader is classic though.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I haven't cared for any of the cross overs and haven't purchased any of them as they just look forced the storm/clone trooper and other whose face is covered by a full helmet or are droids of some sort aren't too bad but other other that they are just a insult to the characters in my opinion

18. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Don't care for them. I'd probably like them more( at least in the Star Wars case) if they were normal robot characters who had the spaceships as their alt-modes.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

On paper it was a cool idea. Transformers has cool robots and Star Wars has cool vehicles so how could it go wrong?

But sadly it went wrong in a very big way. Instead of Prime that transforms into a X-Wing and Megatron that transforms into Vader's Tie Fighter we ended up with mechs. And not those cool mechs like you find in Japan. No in the world of Star Wars people are so vain and arrogant they want the mechs to have their face.

We get to Marvel and sadly once again no Transformers character just mechs.

Sorry but if it doesn't transform into a robot character then it's just not a Transformer to me. That would be like calling Power Ranger mechs or Robo-Tech mechs Transformers just because they change forms.

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    now you can't tell me the captain america humvee isn't awesome......that thing makes an EXCELLENT prime