TF needs movies like Batman's Return of the Caped Crusaders/VS 2-Face

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimus4EVER, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    Imagine it! Whoever is still around and capable of doing their original season 1-2 voices. An animated movie! I am drooling at the thought! Been thinking about this for...a couple of months. Finally posted it here. Hasbro, if you are reading this...please!

Have a blessed day folks!

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I agree on animated TF movies but they need to be true to themselves and not be dark and gritty like Batman and stop with the unneeded realism of the live action movies.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Optimus4EVER

News Credits:
    No, no, you misunderstand. I am talking about the 2 that Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julia Newmar did, merely providing voices to animation.

• Like Like x 1
  4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I knew you meant animation , i was just pointing out Transformers need to stay true to themselves.

5. Optimus4EVER

News Credits:
    Good grief yes!

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Pretty much this, but replace it with season three, since that's my favorite season. :D 

7. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't think self-parody would be a good idea for a Transformers movie. And we already have Legends manga for that.

But movies as patches to existing media could work (which, I believe, is another aspect of this topic). Imagine a prequel to Victory, where Autobots track the Space Fortress and then an epic batle we've seen short flashbacks of in the series itself starts, and in the end Autobots honor their fallen warriors after depowering the weapon. Or a modernised version of "Secret of Cybertron", where not only Stripes, Stinger and the Anibots appear, but in the end Cybertron transforms into Primus and personally fights Unicron. Or just pick any plot holes/loose ends/offscreen events from any media and go with that. The potential for storytelling and diversity is unlimited, people would see their favorite continuities revisited. Maybe even some crazy crossovers, like "Kaijudo meets TFP Predacons" with some creatures secretely being Cybertronians. And make movies a big HasCon event with selling DVDs/BluRays after the premiere and streaming options months later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

We've only gotten 2 official animated movies from Hasbro over the years, the 86 movie and Predacons Rising and they were both great.

Hasbro should definitely do more of them as so far they've done animated movies well.

With classic comic book stories like Target 2006 and Last Stand of the Wreckers, they have a wealth of material they could adapt as animated movies.

Or produce new movies of different animated styles from different parts of the franchise. Maybe a movie sequel to Animated Season 3 based on what would have happened in Season 4. I'd settle for a feature length movie of the proposed Animated Shattered Glass episode.

The IDW prequel comic where Megatron discovers the Fallen was well written and could benefit from being tied to the Baymovies.

Adapt and update Five Faces of Darkness as a proper successor to the 86 movie with the same tone as the movie, leaving out the silliness like Goo.

A prequel to Rescue Bots featuring Heatwave and co before they arrive on Earth but with a similar tone to Prime. Possibly during the War For Cybertron era.

There's so much potential. It's a shame they don't.

They could be the first to do a shared Animated Movieverse. Like IDW, they could tie in Transformers of different series into one Universe, set on various Cybertronian colonies. One such colony could have evolved Minicons and a renamed Armada Megatron could used as the villain.

It might be a good way to introduce MASK, Visionaries and other Hasbro properties into the same shared animated universe.

Heck, a stop motion Animated movie would be great. There are at least 3 or 4 phenomenal YouTube channels that have already produced amazing work.

They're obviously fans. I'm sure if Hasbro approached them, they'd jump at the chance.

James Roberts and Nick Roche have proven how talented fans can be and become stars themselves working on officially licenced material.