TF Movie Trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by strscrm, May 9, 2007.

1. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

Since there will be two more live-action TF after this summer's blockbuster, this is how I believe that the general story will be covered.

Movie #1 - Intro to world of TFs. TFs bring their war to Earth and are first introduced humans. Mass audience is introduced to world of TFs.

Movie #2
    - War shifts back to Cybertron, Witwicky goes there as well. First human to set foot on Cybertron. Introduces Cybertron to mass audience. Many new
    characters are introduced as well as 'Seeker-style' repaint characters. Film delves much further into TF mythos.

Movie #3 - Intro to Unicron, Earth is destroyed, only a few humans along with
    Witwicky survive. Story becomes much more focused on TFs and interactions between themselves. Witwicky wants to fight but is forced to be isolated with other humans to ensure their survival. Prime wouldn't want to be responsible for wiping out an entire race. Alliances are formed and alliances are broken as the war against Unicron begins. Film ends with a conclusive ending, but leaves room open for further seqeuls. Third film appeals much more to hardcore fans than previous two, done so because casual fans would be up to speed by that point.

2. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

I hope the TF's stay on earth for the second movie, hope they save cybertron for the third one.

About Unicron..

I really don't like that character...

The second movie should be about the autobots being on earth for a while and the humans coming to terms that the autobots are good guys and here to stay.. Then, the decepticons arrive.. for revenge... Led by badass Soundwave and generally f*ck everything up (global attack!)... Grimlock arrives, obtains battle damage (brain damage).

(Tf arrivels: Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Skywarp, Astrotrain, Ravage, Tidal Wave + new decepticon).

I'd love to see an (academy award winning) underwater fight scene between an autobot and a decepticon.

For the third movie, i'd like to see Scourge (aka Nemesis Prime) as an evil Optimus Prime Imposter (colors: black, purple).. (have some ideas that i think could work in a live-action movie).

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    no way they would destroy earth if they continue the movie as prequels. the whole premise of the autobots is that theyre on our side to protect earth. earth loss = no dice.

that said, i think itd be cool to see unicron as a cliffhanger in movie number 2, but i'd doubt they introduce unicron/matrix into the movie continuity. theyve been consciously avoiding previously done plot elements. key word here is reinvention.

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I'd love to see some heavy CYBERTRON stuff, but it would have to be almost 100% CGI by the time the 'bots were added. That would be too expensive I think, and take the movie too close to a 'feature length' CGI animation. The STAR WARS prequels proved that no matter how much money is thrown at it, a fully CGI scene just doesn't look 'right' somehow.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering the amount of human content, I kinda doubt the Earth will be destroyed.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Putting aside the fact that this is the totally wrong forum.

Introducing Unicron would be a horrible move. It would be too costly to animate, and thus, Unicron would look dumb.

I say, keep things how they're going now. Not Unicrons or Galvatron, and save Cybertron for the third movie.

Plus, it's a live action movie too.

Too much focus n the bots would be way too expensive.

7. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Very valid point.

For the second film I think Yurre hit the nail on the head. As for the third I couldn't say.

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Ugh, no Unicron please. No direct lifting of plot points from animated movie or 3rd season at all would suit me fine.

9. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Definately no UNICRON. I used to think he might work, but recent reflection has convinced me otherwise. I just can't see it translating to live action (I'll have to see how GALACTUS is treated in the new FF movie first)

I would like to see some kind of "common enemy" introduced that was unique to the film franchise; something that compelled the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS to form a very uneasy alliance to defeat it.

10. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

What I really hope (apart from no unicron or quintessons) is that they won't do the classic trilogy trick of having a non-ending (a la matrix 2, dead man's chest, empire strikes back). It becomes frustrating after a while.

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That would probebly either be the Swarm, or Unicron. Unless Sector Seven tries to do something underhanded.

12. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    this would never happen in a million years, firstly one of the reason why it's more about humans than the cartoons is because of cost, secondly movies don't get made for hardcore fans, they get made for the general audience. sorry to break it to you. theres no way that they would take a (presuably) successful franchise and strip out one of the key elements that allows the audience to relate to it.

for example, my girlfriend was raised on transformers and loves the original cartoons and movie. in the context of cartoons and toys, stories revolving purely around the robots is fine. however, she was not interested in seeing a movie version.. that is, until she found out how big the human element was.

and thirdly, going from the general feeling on the boards to the movie at the moment, it appeals to hardcore fans just fine how it is.

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I love that though Wheeljack could create the exo suit in secound so spike is more usefull

14. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

Movie ideas #1 and #2 sound great, but #3 sounds like WAY too much. Yeah, seeing Unicron in physical form, but Earth being destroyed ould be a little too... "scary". Maybe he could eat mars or something to show what he can do...

15. SDL

SDL Well-Known Member

I'd like to see them include the ark into either the 2nd or 3rd movie.

Maybe have it that they find the Ark early on (Which would be a easy way of quickly introducing new TFs) and that in finding the ark they either find a new threat or something that would save the TF race from dying out.

if they get a third then maybe they could include some kind of storyline that uses Cybetron in some way.

But mainly i'd love to see the Ark included in at least one sequel if they can.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd be willing to bet that they will, though. A major character loss in one way or another; death, missing in action... it'll happen.
    As long as they get the same sort of feel to it that Empire did, I don't mind. If it's as soulless as The Matirx though... ugh.

17. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Indeed. Personally I don't mind a middle movie ending that leaves a thread hanging for the third flick but only if that's movie's story has been properly resolved (I'm looking at you, Dead Man's Chest.)

18. renegade_cavalc

renegade_cavalc Member

No unicron please.
    Ever again.
    It's such a cop out, plot wise.

I reckon that they should keep it on earth and introduce some more TFs on both sides, make it a bit more like a war. Plus, Grimlock could have been chasing Megatron when he first left Cybertron after the Allspark, and instead of landing in ice, he manages to land ok, but it's the Jurassic era, so he becomes a T rex. He then gets stuck in a tar pit (poss G1 reference?) and is found in the present day, but he has suffered brain(?) damage and gets the speech problem. Could become a mustang as well, given the way that the Movie TFs can scan and change Alt. modes. Really want to see some Grimlock.

19. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1st movie: Autobots win.
    2nd movie: Decepticons return and manage to put their hands on the Allspark.
    3rd movie: Starscream consumes the Allspark like he did in the Underbase Saga, goes insane and that forces both factions to join forces in order to stop him. They succeed, the Allspark once again disappears in the universe, and the Transformers leave Earth.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That'd be cool, as long as there's a "final" reckoning between Prime & Megatron. Even if neither dies, there has to be some closure to their story arc.