tf movie shelfwarmers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by awesomem131, Sep 5, 2010.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

i was at my local walmart the other and you guys know i go every sunday but i noticed that the same ravage and megatron toys on the shelf since july.so any suggestions on why these two particular toys arent selling so well?

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    They're not that good of toys...?

Area demand...?

It could be several things.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Any number of various reasons. From lack of popularity in the area to over saturation etc.

4. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

That orange twin from Rotf isn't selling that great in my areas stores.

Everything else appears to be selling out a decent paces

5. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Also a lot of those toys are already owned which there isn't any demand on them anymore. Around my area, Tuner Mudflap is a big shelfwarmer. I wouldn't be suprised if Sea Attack Ravage & Jetblade become shelfwarmers in the near future...

6. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

here too, way too many ravages, lockdowns, mixmasters, stratosphere and even more legends (wheelie, bs sideswipe and the bee/prime normal and repaints...) I think there were many of those figures made... and the people doesn't like those too xD

7. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

My area seems to be clogged with HA Skids, The fallen, Demolishor, and of course Tuner mudflaps. With Jetblade and sea attack ravage quickly catching up.

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    target here cannot get rid of jetblade, sea attack ravage or the cybertron optimus and bumblebee....and all the 1st wave power combiners are stuck to the pegs and shelves with super shelf warmer glue

sucks...it has been weeks and nothing new past wave 1.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Because people are fools? Low demand? They suck (not my case, Megs <3)? Lots of reasons.

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OP, are you talking ROTF Ravage or the one on the yellow card? At least in my area, ROTF Ravages have been long gone for months. They were on the pegs a few months after being released but sold through. No Megatron's around here for a few months either. The black repaint sold pretty well. I see a few ROTF Leader Primes now and again but not common.

Just like everywhere else, Mudflap seems to be the common ROTF figure every store has. Both 1st & Tuner version. I still see Gears around quite a bit as well. All others seem to sell well.

11. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tuner mudflap is all the rage on the peg's here in MI. 4-5 row's of em at majority of the stores.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It seems like Tuner Mudflap has been a near-concensus peg/shelfwarmer for RotF, outlasting virtually everything else, from accounts of many around here in the occasional "Is Toy X a shelfwarmer?" threads that pop up now and then. Beyond that, it seems to vary greatly among toys up for general release.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Wave one Legends are still warming bigstyle all over here in the UK. I'm sure it's really affected us getting later waves. I don't think we even got the last two waves here.
    Not too happy to see the new Sea Ravage thingy on shelves when the ROTF one is still clogging right alongside it.

14. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ROTF leader Optimus Prime seems to be a major shelfwarmer at my local Walmart (scratches head).

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well ROTF Leader Optimus Prime is a big expensive toy, not many kids are gonna get one unless it's for Christmas. Also there's the HFTD Leader Battle Damage Optimus Prime also......

Tuner Mudflap and few FAB Arcee are the only things ROTF that shelf-warm at the Inness Wal-Mart.

16. jazz89

jazz89 i'm rockin' moon base 1.

oh heck yeah man, Mudflap is a really bad shelf wamre, especially the tuner mudflap repaint lol

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I think the first movie had more Shelfwarmers because of the glut of obvious repaints and the lame drone heads some characters had. Swindle and Payload come to mind as obvious shelfwarmers.