TF Movie Sequel: Reign of Starscream (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Lumpy, May 8, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up cover B with the Marvel comic homage. Great story. I like how this time around the bots on Cybertron are more distinguishable than in the prequel (Cosmos FTW). It was nice seeing Dreadwing, Payload, and Wreckage. Can't wait for issue 2:) 

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think Pat also has a foot fetish.
    [​IMG]

I can't imagine what Optimus Prime in this image would look like in truck mode.

3. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I loved seeing Starscream's perspective of what happened in the movie. It was also nice to see the Decepticons get a few lines besides "All hail Megatron!"

I was also thinking that Starscream was one of the jets that shot down Megatron. It's cool that he at least thought about it. He seems to be a lot more level headed than he is in some of his other incarnations.

Also, I abolutely loved the line on the last page.

"We all know what conquest is made of." Of course we do... "the ashes of one's enemies!"

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    No people wonder because its more creative to add your own twist to something you are referring to, rather than copying it. For example, Brian Bolland's cover for Batman:The Killing Joke looks different than his reference photo.

I wasn't trying to take a stab at Alex, I was just asking a question out of curiosity, and he already answered it. I also understand his decisions too.

I got my issue, the Rodriquez cover variant. Why does Starscream think Prime is a fool? I know why he thinks that way of Megatron, but I couldn't figure out why he thinks Prime is just as selfish. Is it stated in this issue, or will it be revealed later on?

It was great to see Starscream's point of view with regards to his stance on the war. It was great seeing offscreen characters put to use too. Thats something I love about offscreen continuations. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see Thundercracker sometime soon, and Starscream in the Target exclusive movie color/retool scheme before the series ends. Its off to a good start. Starscream is one of the more interesting movie characters, and this comic builds on that.
    Definitely. He also seems to have what most other incarnations lack; patience.

Too bad Wreckage got killed off so soon though!

5. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Given Starscream says "barely", that suggests to me that Scorponok is badly damaged but still functional. Although, later on when Starscream finds Barricade he says they're the only two that remain. So really I think it could still go either way for Scorponok...

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Come to think of it, I wonder if Starscream will get heavy reinforcements in the form of huge, powerful Decepticons that will appear in TF2. Hopefully the creative team was given the greenlight to use those characters.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm usually critical of milne's work, but i think this is his best work thus far. usually his stuff looks rushed/inked poorly but i cant complain here. maybe dude had more time to spend on it this time.

8. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

VERY cool issue. Great new perspective on the movie, tie-ins to the prequel comics (poor Wreckage), cameos from other toys, and that last line at the end? Mwah!

I egearly await the next issue.

9. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I enjoyed this issue very much. I didn't mind the recap of the movie from starscream's perspective either. my favorite scene was where Starscream flew back to the highway to check on Barricade. Awesome panel.

Alex Milne did a great job on this book. His does good work. My only complaint is that the inkers and the colorers don't seem to match up well with alex's pencils sometimes. (in other words I think they should find inkers and colorers who enhance his pencils, not deminish them)

Just my 2 cents anyways. Good stuff.