TF Movie reboot + Holomatter Avatars

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dinobot Snarl, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I think it would be a splendid way to introduce Transformers as characters, in a way that they can share the same places as the human cast. And alleviate the need for hyper expressive faces, bring back permanent faceplates.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Given that Transformers can mimic tyres and upholstery, why couldn't their faces be rubber like the animatronic ninja turtles.

I hate faceplates.

Movie Drift was a good way of animating a Transformer face while maintaining an expressive, metallic look.

Liquid metal faces could work too.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Permanent faceplates wouldn't work for some characters, but holomatter avatars would be a good way of developing the Transformers on a limited budget.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    I have nothing against faceplates, but I'd very much enjoy that Holomatter avatars and Facsimile constructs were utilized in the films. They could even reference how in the early Marvel stories some Autobots literally put mannequins in their drivers seats. :lolol 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I was disappointed the transformers pretty much never talked in vehicle mode. They could have added a ton to their characters and the stories if they have then dialogue in vehicle modes. I was thinking of how they could have added more to Starscream being a traitor and opportunist in the first movie with him getting a few more lines and not needing to add any more footage.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Wholeheartedly agree. The Transformers in alt. mode are treated more like props in their own movie than actual characters. And they even HAD holomatter avatars in the first film for Blackout and Barricade (appropriately, they were played by the same dude who in real life had been the pilot who flew in Blackout's prop helicopter)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

... yeah, Bay missed a golden joke involving officer Cade at the motorpool in a few movies.