TF movie prequel #4

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by KA, May 6, 2007.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    just got it (was there a thread for this?). pretty good end to the series, as we at least got a glimpse of TFs interacting with the fleshies and even a brief bot/con altercation. neeways:

- neat reference to actual events in regards to three mile island, so we know that the humans are actively baiting the TFs
    - chubawamba song reference FTL
    - neat sequence with screamer morphing into earth mode.
    - seeing the cons in earth modes together, these guys are gonna be badass.
    - don still draws weird humans.
    - not explained, but i gather the old house bumble visited used to be occupied by crazy old witwicky.

the comics (and novel) totally did their job. im totally hyped for the movie now.

2. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I liked it. Especially the main cover art. The pre-Earth forms in the earlier issues tended to look too much the same and it was hard for me to tell who was who. But that's a different discussion altogether...

3. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Ok the first issue Don drew pretty good humans. This issue though they looked all wonky again.

Other than that though it was great. I hope the script in the movie is this well written. The pacing and prose are great and really suck you in.

4. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Got it Saturday as well. This does a great job in setting up the movie and provides a wonderful backstory. It's nice to see Bumblebee getting around his handicap and what's better is Starscream's classic personality traits come to the surface. He just wants the power and could care less about Megatron. I love that these Decepticons are deadly and competent. Not like the ones we've seen in Energon and Cybertron and even G1 where they were comically incompetent. The only thing that bugs me is the artwork and I'm being nitpicky at best. Don draws some of the best bots out there and his humans are getting better, but his vehicle modes still need a bit of work. Bumblebee looked nothing like a 70's Camaro and Barricade was slightly better. Though his MH-53 and F-22 looked spot on. So maybe it's just the cars. Overall, good issue.

5. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I guess I'm the only one that's never had a problem with Don's humans. I've seen art that sucked more on main marvel and DC titles.

6. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

To me his Bumblebee looks like he is basing it off of the Deluxe toy and not an actual Camaro.

7. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I too never had a problem with Don's art.

As for the issue, very entertaining as usual. I can't wait to see the movie and see it all come together.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Not the only one.
    I mean, sure his human characters are not as "Wow! Look at that!" as the robots but they are by no means bad. His style kind of reminds me of the people in Battle of the Planets. They in no way detract from the book at all.

He can also draw boars, and frogs, and bears, and dinosaurs! (Remember Beast Wars?)
    Dude is crazy talented.

9. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Right, the last issue is out already! Thanks for remind me that. XD
    thanks for the spoilers too.