tf movie packages

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jacer, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm thinking about re-buying the transformes movie toys and leaving the figures in the packages for displaying purposes, along side opened counter-parts. doyou think it'll be worth the money?

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    As long as you think it's worth the money, as far as collecting goes, probably worth it for you great great grand children, if they are AFA graded

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    In a word, no

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I used to do that. Then once the line is over and the next is coming out you are left with a feeling of why. If you want to though, go for it. I don't open toys now so if you enjoy opening them and still want pristine figures like I used to, go double.

5. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

As someone who has collected a number of sealed toys over the years, and still has a large number of them, I'll say yes. However, I'll also warn you that you're going to get jumped all over for bringing it up here. There are some folks here who seem to believe that you are somehow committing some horrible crime against humanity by keeping toys sealed, or that you are abusing living entities because obviously the toys want released from their "plastic prisons."

The only question you have to ask yourself is, "do I like the looks of this in the box enough to want to keep it that way?" If the answer is yes, then you should probably keep it in the box. If the answer is no, don't. Don't worry about value down the line, don't worry about resale value. The only value of those toys once they are out of the store is the value YOU place on them. And that's the only value that should matter to you.

What we think of the toys you own should mean next to nothing to you.

6. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Set the toys free man!

WHY MUST WE ABUSE CAGED TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you set them free...and they love you...they'll always be able to go back in the box!!!

7. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    It's a waste of money. You're either all in (MISB) or all out (of box).

8. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

They're TOYS. They want to be played with. What's more, they have a purpose; a destiny to fulfill: to transform into badass robots and/or innocuous looking machines. You would deny them that? Why so selfish? Would you buy a puppy, only to keep him locked up in the box he came home in? You need to take a good long-hard look in the mirror, son. Down with plastic prisons!

9. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think most people would say that if you want to make money, invest in the stock market, not toys.

As far as future value of these toys, take a look at the SW Episode 1 figures. They're worth NOTHING due to the volume produced. I believe TF movie toys will follow a similar pattern.

11. Night Flame

Do people honestly believe the only reason to collect MISB is for monetary value? What if you just really dig the way a bunch of sealed toys look? I have a full set of Classics that will remain sealed forever simply because they look incredible in package.

We really can't dictate the way others collect. Like I said before, the value of the toy is the value YOU as a collector, place on it. Packaged, opened, whatever. Unless it's valuable to you personally, it's not valuable.

12. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Autobot_Jacer, you must remember the wise words of Optimus Prime:

13. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

I'll just echo what others have said: if you like the look sealed, by all means. If you're doing it as an investment, however... I find it difficult to believe that, due to production and market trends, that these things will ever achieve G1esque values. There are simply too many of them running around and they'll have a difficult time achieving the same rarity due to the MISB collectors that have developed over the years.

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, I completely agree with you, Night Flame. I'm not one to question an individual's collecting preferences... but in his first post, Autobot_Jacer had asked "do you think it'll be worth the money" - assuming he's talking about the movie toys accruing value over time, I'd have to say no to that.

15. Night Flame

I figured that meant "worth the money" as in, will it personally be worth putting that much money into it. That's a personal question that only the person asking can answer for themselves. Which is why I keep coming back to, the only value the toy has once it's purchased is the value you personally place on it. Anything beyond that simply doesn't matter.