TF Movie Featurette spot from TFTM 20th DVD discussion NO LINKS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by IACON, Nov 11, 2006.

1. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

For those of you that have watched the special Movie feature on the new 20th dvd:
    If you were a movie "nay-sayer", did you change your mind about Bay's transformers ?

I saw it (The featurette) several times and paused on ciritical places in order to see all the small details and I am sorry to tell you all that IMO I still think its gonna bomb and be a disapointment. It didn't change my opinion about Bay's Transformers at all.

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Not surprising

That's not surprising, I mean you strongly disliked the movie from the start even before we saw any of the designs. IIRC you disliked how this movie was being directed by Michael Bay. I say that you disliked the movie because Bay was directing, since that's the impression I get from you signature pic

And the majority of the time when someone dislikes something so strongly. There's really nothing that'll change that person's mind.

Although it should be noted that being a box office bomb and being a disappointment aren't always synonymous. As plenty of box office bombs can be enjoyable. The original '86 movie was a box office bomb, yet it's still enjoyable for what it is

3. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    He's not the only one with the same sig. *Points below*

4. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, there wasn't a lot to see on the featurette, but seeing Police car-Bot chasing Bumblebee was fun (can't wait to see driverless car chases!) and Ratchet in real-world lighting and flashing lights was neat (I hope he turns those puppies on when he's in robot mode!) Guess those shots will have to tie me over until the next trailer...

- L -

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I always find these sigs funny, because I see something entirely else then your "inner childs".

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

im still gonna see the movie and the featurette just made me more excited

7. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Imagine if we were discussing the original movie months before it was released

"Yeah, they kill Prime and there a huge planet that can Transform and a crystal inside Optimus prime"
    That combined with drawings of Wheelie and Arcee

You would hate it

Seeing static drawings and reading rumours months before a film is complete are one thing, watching the final product is another

Hitch

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The featurette was useless in regards to providing any kind of information that'd change someone's opinion in either direction, far as I'm concerned.

It was very cool for the altmode shots, though. :D 

9. IACON

Actually for me, it made my stand even stronger, but that is just my opinion.

10. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good point Paul, I never thought about it in that context, but I'm not one of the vehemently opposed either.

Good point regardless :D 

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    ... how?

12. Shaun_C

QFT Paul QFT

Although I wonder about that, because taking your analogy as an example. Most of us were younger then 10 yrs old when we saw the movie. So I doubt the average 6-8 yr old would go online on a message board/newsgroup blasting the direction of the '86 movie

13. IACON

I felt that they tried to 'force' you to love the new movie.
    "Car transforms into robots in 80 mph..."
    "Never seen on screen..."

No thanks, I saw and read the leaked stuff on the web and what I saw was total crap for me.

14. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I think we can all agree that this movie will have cool action, but action a movie does not entirely make. you need a good story. especially if its sci fi. you can get away with it if its pure action, but for a sci fi action fick, you need a good story.

15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yes, we all know by now you won't ever see the movie, and that you absolutely hate it...SO WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE IT ALONE? We GET it now. Why continue all the mudslinging and the annoying sig pics with crybabies in it? Seriously, WHY?

16. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Funny, I showed it to my room mate kevin, who has always thought I was a little goofy for being so into Transformers (they're ALL over our apartment) and his jaw dropped when he finally saw a little bit of footage and heard Bay talk about the film. And then he wouldn't shut up about how "oh man NOW I see why you're so excited, that looks totally bad ass" (that is a direct quote!) for the next two or three hours.

Maybe the footage and ideas were good, and you could tell it was good, but because you're so against the film, you interpreted that little voice inside that said "coooool" as an attempt by the film-makers to manipulate you.....Cuz to be honest, it just kinda sounds like you will be offended by anything that tries to sell the film. Every preview and interview on pretty much every movie is positive like that. Do you hate ALL of them for it?

I'm not tryin to be an ass, so if you are offended by the above, I'm sorry in advance, but really. I don't understand (well ok I really do, damn psych degree) how people can see the exact opposite of what I see when looking at the same thing, and it makes me sad that a few people here aren't going to enjoy the movie because of it.

17. Shaun_C

I'm inclined to agree with this.

It fits in perfectly with how there was a "theory" floating around a few months back that a majority of the new members who joined and posted positive feedback regarding the movie was a studio plant.

Is that how you feel about any form of advertising, that they're trying to FORCE you to buy into their product?

The only reason it feels like they're trying to force you is because you've been so against the movie from the start. So you interpret this as trying to force you

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I've kept an open mind the whole time about this movie. Sure, G1 is my favorite and I'd like to see a true to G1 live action movie. I'd also like a million dollars. Since I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not gonna get either of those, I'm gonna just view this as I would any other sci-fi flick. I'll judge it for what it is.

That said, I did like the little promo bit for the movie. I plan to go to it opening night and I really hope to enjoy it. *Goes to watch promo on DVD again.*

19. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since that's a given in any medium, there's a reason why I specified it "changing" an opinion. :D 

20. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I always thought that the baby image = new begining ?:confused2