TF military move

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ExtremeGz, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ExtremeGz

ExtremeGz Autobot/Decepticon Spy

Ebay:
    Not sure what to do... This is ExtremeGz here again.... not sure of who is and who is not in the military but I was wondering if anyone has tips on moving TF figures? I have alot of them MISB but am considering opening them anyways being that I do not have the room anymore to store the boxes. And also, I am in a bind as the navy has said that I need to move to Hawaii. And I've never had good experiences with moving some of my other TF from overseas. If I was to open them...how should I store them for the move? And if I have to put them into a rental storage...what is the best way to store them longterm? I keep hearing of plastic baggies in rubbermaid storage containers...is that the best way?

As for the Masterpieces and japanese stuff kept in boxes, I find that the rubbermaids have rounded sides and bottoms and some of my TF boxes get dinged up a little bit. Plz help!

Again thanks in advance!

ExtremeGz

2. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

personally i would not trust misb transformers to military movers...i would be getting sterlite plastic containers and sealing all those TF;s in ziplok baggies and using package peanuts in the containers to get the tf secured ...then package tape the tops onto the sterlite containers...ship them this way and they will all get there in one piece....ditch the boxes and it will save you tons of space....

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Basically my packaging method, and it's worked for two moves so far, plus how all of my non-displayed stuff is stored.

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    when I moved across country, I packed up my figs and MISB boxes into extra cardboard boxes and used bubble wrap to fill in any empty spaces in the smaller boxes. I also placed each fig and their extra parts in ziploc baggies for extra protection. I then put all of the smaller boxes into the sterilite containers and everything came out fine. This kept them secure and kept the MISB boxes from getting all banged up since the cardboard boxes absorbed any impact. Plus those sterilite tubs are pretty durable. Try to get the ones with wheels (35 gal. I think); it makes moving them around much easier. Just one thing, this way is a bit more expensive. If I took everything out of the package and discarded it, I would have needed 1-2 of the 35 gal. tubs but I needed 8 35 gal tubs and 2 30 gal. tubs (stores ran out of 35 gal tubs) in order to get my collection packaged safely. in my mind this was worth the extra cost.
    Hope this info helps.