TF Headmaster Casting call (Need GOOD Voice Actors)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Jul 15, 2010.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Believe it or not, Grimbot wants to be part of this!
    I rather go in competition I can handle....!
    Unlike againist TF Abridged... x-D
    But either way, Hikaru still has a dam good dub... =-D

2. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  3. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    are you two working on the SAME series or two different series? cuz he approached me about working on headmasters on tfcog.

4. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really have no idea.... Drew is on TFcog more than me....
    All he said is that Grimbot and Cypherplex want a part in this series.... Because they think that a Fan dub thats not from TFcog may be a successful.... That all I really know at the moment.
    Drew can answer these questions.

5. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Your Scourge was good!

6. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmm... honestly I don't know? I asked Gabe to get involved.. and he's helping us with footage and a character he did in the french dub. my conversation with Grimbot was mostly about intros and not much else. yet. I was hoping he might want to help me with effects. but he may very well be talking about doing his own.
    if there is indeed ANOTHER one too, then we may need to look and see what we can all do together.

I can say that we would love to have you aboard for some roles. but. you'd have to commit to them and not back out.

I know you are semi pro... and that's fantastic! but you kind of jumped into our abridged and right back out... which kind of put us in a hard
    and we were in a hard spot anyway since the other abridged had us on star power from day 1.
    this might should be a PM but hell. I am not saying anything new that no one knows.

your talents are numerous. but if you do get involved then it will be small roles that will be easy to re-fill.
    that is if I have anything to say about it. which I might not if grimbot wants you in... he's very talented. and may get about whatever he wants if it means he's helping us.

7. Sorrow Six Star

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    okay now do it again with more emotion.
    wheelie needs to be higher.
    and grimlock needs to be more boisterous.

and We want a Welker styled Galavatron.
    which is why kickback pointed out that we need a description for the characters... so I will work on that.
    there is a learning curve to being on this side of the casting desk...
    so forgive me for using you as an example.
    but I need to get the point across..

remember your character. Scourge is a coward and a kiss ass.
    feel it.
    you are getting the impression part. but not the emotion part!

good emotion on Triggerhappy you must know this character fairly well.

8. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    no, i'm full-pro these days. that's why i had to "jump out." i'm doing voiceover work full-time now. it's my career so i had to put the unpaying jobs on the back burner. just so you know, i "jumped out" of the other abridged series as well. they just had all the scripts already written ahead of time so i could record them. they are just using audio that i previously recorded. i only had a few lines to do for other projects that had been waiting a LOT longer than you guys were. i do favors first come, first serve. just so everyone knows, i am not saying this in anger at all. just telling everyone the facts. max and i discussed this in a very civilized manner.

also, i'm not even offering to fill any roles, i was just letting max know that there are other series being dubbed right now and that you might want to look at that. i would love to help you guys out, but i don't have the time to do auditions right now. if i have free time, i would be more than willing to fill roles if you needed it. the BIGGEST problems with all youtubers is that they are in MUCH TOO BIG of a hurry to get stuff recorded and uploaded like it's some kind of race. check me out! i only have 59 videos in almost two years, but i have a half million total views. there's no hurry! in fact a GREAT video takes TIME to make. just wanna help you guys out so you make a GREAT video instead of just a GOOD video. take the time to get the right voices. run the pre-production video by some unbiased critics to see if it can be improved - MORE than one time - before uploading the video. then promote the CRAP out of it. post it on every transformers site, message board, tweet, toot, whatever you guys call it, every cartoon site and as a video response to a video that is HOT and getting lots of views.

9. Sorrow Six Star

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate that you say ALL youtubers. but you are right.
    but on that note who wants to be 50 and wondering when headmasters 8 dub is coming out. lol
    part of the reward is seeing the video and having others see it.

I mistook your comments as being interested. my bad.
    and honestly you not being available for amazing adventures forced me to step up and try somethings I probably wouldn't have (I failed at starscream but I tried it!)
    so I'm not mad. I just thought you wanted a role and wanted to explain why I wouldn't be offering you any role that required a long term commitment.
    in the paying world I would do just as you have. and honestly I know it's not likely in my future and I am a bit jealous. ;)  so maybe I was being a bit harsh and apologize if it came out that way. (at the same time I have creative freedom you might not ever see again)

we are not going to rush this too hard. but I don't want to be here in 2 years saying "oh here's ep 2" lol so yeah we're going to rush it a bit. XD

and we were discussing this a little before we knew about the dub you are in.
    and seeing it's pace and problems we thought we might have a go.
    (when I say this I will also say that I like James a lot and know that he was handed something that was a mess and he is doing a good job at straightening it up)

I have contributed to Hikuro's dub and had a blast with my 2 lines. and wanted to see some of the characters played differently.
    I want this to come off as light hearted and fun like the japanese series does.

10. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And thats what I've been trying to do....!
    Its going to be the same for this Headmasters series....
    I'm not going to truly start working on it till I finish Transformers 2 G1 Style.... =-P
    I think that will give me and drew enough time for auditions to come in.

11. Sorrow Six Star

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    to clear things up Grimbit told me he was redoing ep3.
    that was what he asked you about, Jon.

now! send in the Auditions!

12. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm incapable of getting my voice to the high pitch Welker sound.

As far as me putting more emotion into it.. some lines would be nice. All I did for Scourge was have him tell his sweeps to transform. Nothing cowardly can come from that.

13. Sorrow Six Star

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah I can see that about lines. I'm going to work on that.
    your scourge is under consideration and your triggerhappy as well.

I will get you lines to read as scourge.
    so I can hear more.
    thanks much for taking time to improv for us.

14. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No problem. It was fun. Thanks for listening. I may try for other characters just for the hell of it.

15. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    just my 2¢ - an actor can act when a director directs... telling your actors to come up with their own lines is the job the director does...

16. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Its been said dude, we are going to make lines for each transformer.... We have all the time in the world to do this.... So at the moment people just need to do what they can do till we come up with everything that we need...

17. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    No need to apologize because no offense was taken. The reason why I say ALL youtubers is because I get half a dozen requests a day to do a voice(s) for a video and they only give me two or three days to get it recorded - 90% of them do that. They can't expect someone who does it for a living to drop everything and record stuff for them. I certainly would not do that to someone else if I was the one asking for voices. And I wasn't saying you should take 20 or 30 years to do one YouTube video. Just take months instead of weeks.

Again, I apologize for having to withdraw from the abridged series. I certainly wasn't trying to "force" you to step up or anything. Times were very tight for me and my family back then and I couldn't afford to skip even one, mundane audition (like voicemail jobs that only pay $50). Don't know why you would be jealous at all. I've been at this for two years and I've barely got my foot in the door. I get three to five auditions a day from my local studio and anywhere from ten to fifteen from the voiceover site I'm a member of. When I'm making GOOD money, I can skip doing auditions and do fun stuff like what you guys are doing; but when I'm not booking jobs, I don't have a choice. There will come a day when one job will earn me enough to take care of my family for a whole month (I hope) and then I can get more involved in YouTube projects.

Excellent thinking, Max.

Lol, it really just depends on what happens next week in LA. I told Grimbot to let everyone else audition and if there were voices that he didn't get a good match for or that no one auditioned for, that I would be more than glad to help out. I extend the same offer to you guys. It's a lot easier to commit to something when there's no rush on the lines and I'm making good money. I only had six jobs in July, but I earned $5000. If I didn't have vacation and my trip to LA, I would be doing recordings for people right now. But this is the first time this month so far that I've a little free time on my hands to check the boards and watch the videos from my subscriptions or play with my kids. But I will make this promise, if things work out in LA and I start making what I made this month plus more, I will be more than happy to commit to a full-time role(s). :D 

18. ironarm

ironarm SHALL RETURN IN NOVEMBER

i'm game!

19. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    *Happy face*

20. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits: