Heavy/Scratch: TF-Gundam Crossover 2: Guntank (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

EDIT: Completed. New thread here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/276234-tf-gundam-crossover-2-rx-75-guntank.html

Following on from the success of Sefer, I'm now starting my second Gundam Crossover, the RX-75 Guntank!

As you can see, it's still in its early stages, having only just been built. The neck joint was the biggest problem, having the joint fall out very often and having to cycle through 3-4 different joints before getting one that works, i think it works, at any rate. The treads were easy to attach, but now i've found out that they aren't level, if i ever make this again for whatever reason, i'll know how to fix that: Accurate measuring. :D 

It's made out of a 1/144 HG Guntank kit I picked up this afternoon, along with a spare Acid Storm i had, and it's gonna be a TRIPLE CHANGER! It will not only have it's tank mode and a robot mode, it will also have an in-between mode, reminiscent of the original Guntank, with half robot half tank qualities. The head remains the same in all three modes.

I ditched the gatling gun hands. Sorry, Guntank fans. The shoulder cannons will work in all three modes, however. I'll update with pics of those modes once the thing is solid enough to be able to survive transformation. The tank mode itself is adjustable in height and slant of the main chassis, as a nice side effect of the transformation process.

The only unfortunate thing about the robot mode is that the huge treads can get in the way, so action poses are not that great, but it can still pull off some decent poses. And who really cares about the robot mode of Guntank, anyways?

Also, this marks the first custom i ever used my new Dremel 400 digital on, and i'm now scared of the thing. It cuts through metal pins like butter. Really easy-to-cut butter.

EDIT: Nearly forgot, credit goes to ABX23 for his Cloud Saber custom (the only reason i had a spare AS body in the first place), and the custom he made from the spare AS's he had (Roller, i think), which proved tanks treads work on this mold.

Attached Files:

2. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    *just jizzed in my pants*

By the way, what was crossover #1?

- Alty

3. Treadshot A1

4. Treadshot A1

Here's more pics, of the other two modes..

Also updated on the OP.

The first pic's of Guntank in it's 'in between'/half-half mode, as an homage to the original Guntank, and the second's a pic of it's Robot mode. Unfortunately, due to the position of the treads, the legs can't spread out, by backwards and forwards motion is still possible, along with the regular knee joint. The treads only slightly affect the arms, but not much.

And, as you can see, Shoulder Cannons in all three modes!

Now it's on to the paint...

Attached Files:

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Well since Guntank is one of the only properly-transforming Gundams, this is a natural fit!

Looking good!

6. Treadshot A1

What? Properly transforming? Guntank transforms? [/serious question]

Thanks for the input, everyone. The final details are done, so it's just waiting for those to dry, before i upload the finished pics. The yellow vents of the original Guntank are kept, in all three modes. Finally, a good use for the wheels on AS's chest. Since those wheels aren't visible in tank mode, the underside of the feet were painted yellow instead. Surprisingly, they actually looks like vents.

7. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Well color me foolish. Evidently Guntank doesn't transform! But I DO own a Gundam kit (long since built) that DOES transform (Well it stands-up anyway ;) ) which is clearly a design-homage to the Guntank. A little internet searching and I can't figure out what it actual is, or which series it comes from.

And, naturally, it's buried DEEP in storage someplace, so no chance of pics anytime soon.

D/L

8. Treadshot A1

Let's see...Transforming Gundams:

Destroy Gundam
    Zeta Gundam
    Arios Gundam (probably not, too recent)
    Kyrios Gundam (again, probably not)
    Saviour Gundam
    Aegis Gundam

Also, Zeong 'stands up' to change between modes.

Ah, yeah, the completed Guntank is uploaded. I made a new thread for it. Check it out in all its battle damaged glory!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/276234-tf-gundam-crossover-2-rx-75-guntank.html

Also, i will be using the same base (albeit a bit of extra modification and a new head), to make Warpath! Stay tuned...